Welcome To aBlackWeb

TECH YouTube’s ad blocker crackdown escalates, aggravating users

Oh. I know someone who listens to podcasts who mentioned those kinds of ads. Don't remember which platform it was on but they pay and can skip those either by fast forwarding or just clicking a skip button
I can too...I just don't wanna do that

Maybe there should be a different tier of premium. I want absolutely no ads.

If someone pays half of what I pay, I can see them getting ad reads

Not all content creators are doing that though.

The ones that do it let me know that they can be bought and will say anything for the right price.

That line of thinking doesn't make any sense. How does a content creator hocking for a wallet company they like or a food service they use show they will say anything for the right price?

If anything, it give them freedom to say what they really want. Youtube is quick to demonetize videos overtrivial bullshit. If creators can imbed ads in their videos, that means they can make money from them even if Youtube doesn't like what they're saying.

I could see your point if you're watching a left leaning political commentator and they suddenly start doing ads for big corporations or conservative backed interests. That would seem crazy, but a lot of those people do ads for companies that either have nothing to do with the subject matter of the content they create or is in line with principles and values they espouse.

That line of thinking doesn't make any sense. How does a content creator hocking for a wallet company they like or a food service they use show they will say anything for the right price?

If anything, it give them freedom to say what they really want. Youtube is quick to demonetize videos overtrivial bullshit. If creators can imbed ads in their videos, that means they can make money from them even if Youtube doesn't like what they're saying.

I could see your point if you're watching a left leaning political commentator and they suddenly start doing ads for big corporations or conservative backed interests. That would seem crazy, but a lot of those people do ads for companies that either have nothing to do with the subject matter of the content they create or is in line with principles and values they espouse.

I wasn't connecting it to the subject matter though.

At least that wasn't my intent.

I was just saying they'll promote anything for the right price.

Meaning, in the example you used, how do we know they really like the wallet company or food service they're promoting and not just saying it for the check?

Guess you could say that about any kind of advertising, but it's definitely a slippery slope.

Look what happened when all those celebrities promoted FTX.

Kinda off topic, but I think it's foul for Jamie Foxx and Kevin Hart to be promoting Draft Kings the way that they are.

All that money they've got, and they're pushing gambling on people who can't really afford to do it.

Could be wrong, but I highly doubt they're on Draft Kings as much as they're letting on in those commercials.

I wasn't connecting it to the subject matter though.

At least that wasn't my intent.

I was just saying they'll promote anything for the right price.

Meaning, in the example you used, how do we know they really like the wallet company or food service they're promoting and not just saying it for the check?

Guess you could say that about any kind of advertising, but it's definitely a slippery slope.

Look what happened when all those celebrities promoted FTX.

Kinda off topic, but I think it's foul for Jamie Foxx and Kevin Hart to be promoting Draft Kings the way that they are.

All that money they've got, and they're pushing gambling on people who can't really afford to do it.

Could be wrong, but I highly doubt they're on Draft Kings as much as they're letting on in those commercials.

I know in some cases, people I've watched have gotten those endorsement deals because companies noticed they were using a particular product and then realized it was a natural fit. In other cases, the content creators were the ones that reached out to the companies because they used the products and thought it would be a good fit. You also have to take stock of creator you're watching. For example, if you're watching a tech content creator and that person endorses a particular piece of technology, it's reasonable to assume that they wouldn't just push off a piece of crap to their viewers. If they did, that would actually hurt them in the long run because who would trust their opinion after they promoted subpar junk?

To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong by questioning people who do paid promotions. I'm just saying it's probably going a bit too far to say that any content creator that does paid promotions has demonstrated that they'd sell their souls for the right price. That's not true.

View attachment 1207060

lol, just say my name bruh.

But yeah, that's me all day.
Wasn't even talking about you, idk about how you liked you shit bagged. When this shit is brought up on reddit, you see all sorta comments praising self checkout for all sorts of dumb reasons. From people complaining the cashier might talk to them, to them complaining they might have to explain their (odd) bagging requirements.

Wasn't even talking about you, idk about how you liked you shit bagged. When this shit is brought up on reddit, you see all sorta comments praising self checkout for all sorts of dumb reasons. From people complaining the cashier might talk to them, to them complaining they might have to explain their (odd) bagging requirements.

I just make sure I double bag each item, and if it's something that requires refrigeration.........I'll use 5 bags for each item.

Usually for orange juice.

It’s more than that now. It’s 18.99.

Ok, it looks like mine went up to $13.99 starting in August........and that's where it's been for the past 3 months.

Unless it's going up to $118.99 on the next billing cycle, it must be a regional thing or something.

Let me ask you this, do you also subscribe to Youtube music or have some kind of bundle deal?

Only other reason I can think of why mine is cheaper is because I also have YoutubeTV.

Back