Welcome To aBlackWeb

Your best year(s) of your life?

I've done some thinking about my best years. Honestly, my best time was when I was living in a tiny apartment the size of a shoe box above a shitty bar called Liquor Pigz. All I had to worry about in those days were street dreams. Go to class, get good grades, and train jiu-jitsu. I had no money, so I do need to remind myself how much it sucked being dead broke, but I had no other worries besides that, no responsibilities. All I had to do was just keep aiming up in life.

I've done some thinking about my best years. Honestly, my best time was when I was living in a tiny apartment the size of a shoe box above a shitty bar called Liquor Pigz. All I had to worry about in those days were street dreams. Go to class, get good grades, and train jiu-jitsu. I had no money, so I do need to remind myself how much it sucked being dead broke, but I had no other worries besides that, no responsibilities. All I had to do was just keep aiming up in life.
My broke years were some of my best years too.

As a single man, I'd say Fall 2000 - Spring 2003.

I pledged frat the entire Spring of 2000. We hit the ground running that Fall and didn't let up.

Massive parties at clubs in the city. I stepped in a lot of step shows. Volunteer work in the community. Rolling through the state visiting other chapters and partying and hanging out. Everybody knew me and I felt like a local celebrity those years.

As a father and husband since my wife and I got together 17 years ago it's been great. Shit got really tough at times but I'm so grateful we've stayed together and had three children together. If I had to choose though, the last 2 years been best. Job's good, upgraded to a new home, wifey and I just vibing with no big issues. Shit's been good.

04 through 11 were dope ass years for me

thats high school through college

best years of my damn life

Prolly since covid.

Most time I spent with my family.....
I've appreciated this time with my family so much I'm not looking forward to everything opening back up. We were always on the go before and now we sit down at the dinner table with each other every night and just kick it in general. Shit is beautiful.

I've appreciated this time with my family so much I'm not looking forward to everything opening back up. We were always on the go before and now we sit down at the dinner table with each other every night and just kick it in general. Shit is beautiful.

thats crazy...ive never not done this

its one of the reasons why ive stayed with the company im at

i saw the value in having that family time a long time ago and quit my other random jobs

Back