Welcome To aBlackWeb

Your best year(s) of your life?

thats crazy...ive never not done this

its one of the reasons why ive stayed with the company im at

i saw the value in having that family time a long time ago and quit my other random jobs
We didn't do it that often because my son played soccer, one daughter did drama school, one did gymnastics, wifey went to Church every Tuesday night, etc. We just had that mentality of doing the most.

Reactions: 1/2
Summer of 98' - My and my peoples were some young niggas, riding around the city from hood to hood with no license, flexing on our middle classmates ???

Early 2000-06 (especially 04-06) - clubbing and partying used to be so live back then, plus the car culture was dope too. Like @1/2 said, that Jeezy era. Also, I was a warehouse ass nigga during these times lol. Work as much as overtime possible, then prepare myself for nightlife action after work on Fridays and kick it the entire weekend. Kicking it in Atlanta around this time and early 2000 like 02 and 03 was fun af too.

The years I was still living in one household with my mom and sisters. The younger, care free days when you're still discovering yourself, wading through ur innocence and inexperience with the ppl you love most... Great times, but it seems like in one abrupt moment we get old, move on, and drift apart. Brings to mind a lyric from an R.E.M. song "why did we even bother?". Now we barely see each other.

'05 to '09 : my most successful years sprinting. Won a medal at what the American equivalent would be state championships and was setting decent PB's each successive year. Things were looking up before injuries fucked my career. Bad luck and poor decisions brings u to that point where the sacrifice isn't worth it anymore. Some dudes I ran with are now the top guys in their respective countries. Stings a bit, but it was fun while it lasted. Plus, I realize now that it ultimately wasn't all about medals and winning. Track and field taught me discipline and a lifelong drive and appreciation for health and physical fitness.

But I'm most confident and optimistic at present. I'm predicting my 30s, which officially starts next month, will be my most productive and enjoyable years.

Ehhhh probably 2008-2011ish

Graduated highschool. Lived poor af but struggled with my best friends. Partied non stop.

• Goat
Summer 97- I had a crush on this fly young thing

Fall of 2002- Playing basketball and still having high hope of getting a scholarship.

2004- early 2011 I had a lot fun just living life and riding around trying to find some strange.

Summer 97- I had a crush on this fly young thing

Fall of 2002- Playing basketball and still having high hope of getting a scholarship.

2004- early 2011 I had a lot fun just living life and riding around trying to find some strange.

no hate my boy, but thats a whole lotta almost there

giphy.gif

ima need you to finish one of these good times for the culture

no hate my boy, but thats a whole lotta almost there

giphy.gif

ima need you to finish one of these good times for the culture
Lol I never smashed that girl summer of '97, she went back to Atlanta.

I drew some interest from a juco, but I didn't go. I knew it had to end at some point.

I ran up in a whole lot of strange in those years breh.

• Goat
Back