Welcome To aBlackWeb

You had to be there

Maybe I was just younger back then but I think MySpace/the start of social media is when the real 'superstar' kinda died... Like before social media certain celebs had that aura around them because they were almost mystical and elite at what they did... And few interviews and mags etc was all you had to see them...

Then when social media came around and you could see that tons of these celebs are just normal, or extra corny (which puts you off them), or just regular, with 24/7 access to them etc it kinda normalised certain 'stars'...

Maybe I was just younger back then but I think MySpace/the start of social media is when the real 'superstar' kinda died... Like before social media certain celebs had that aura around them because they were almost mystical and elite at what they did... And few interviews and mags etc was all you had to see them...

Then when social media came around and you could see that tons of these celebs are just normal, or extra corny (which puts you off them), or just regular, with 24/7 access to them etc it kinda normalised certain 'stars'...

Been saying this for years as well. There's no longer a mystique about celebs because everybody has access to them.

I remember one time I forgot we was going to the club one Saturday night and me and the crew stopped off to pick up one of our boys. We all pre-gaming some liquor and when everyone was ready to head out, one of them noticed I had on a pair of Forums and the club we was about to hit up had a strict "no basketball/tennis/running shoe" rule. They wouldn't even let you in with Rockports on. My boy threw me a pair of his black Tims and I managed to squeeze my size 12's into his size 9 and a half's (he's a short cat) and we rolled out.
Yooo what you know about forums ?? I use to rock the all white forums just to be different when everybody had on all white forces…

Yooo what you know about forums ?? I use to rock the all white forums just to be different when everybody had on all white forces…

I'mma start buying 'em again this year. Back inna day Forums was the ultimate hoop shoes tho, you could stop and pivot on a dime in them joints. Nowadays it's for the look of 'em.

With all the craziness on the internet, these kids will never know the greatest of 2 girls one cup.

These kids never had nothing this shocking and viral happen in their lifetime. Lowkey..up there with top 2 internet occurrences of all time. Might be number one

What are your top 5 internet occurrences of all time?

Boston Marathon bombing was a wild day on the Internet

I was listening to police scanners while on Twitter watching vids of them shooting it out when the brother got ran over

Merged this shit with the “you had to be there thread.

To be honest, I had made that thread because I seen somebody talking about 2 girls 1 cup.

Merged this shit with the “you had to be there thread.

To be honest, I had made that thread because I seen somebody talking about 2 girls 1 cup.
Yeeeeaaah, nah, they aren’t really the same thing, this is explicitly about your top 5 shocking viral moments that only occurred through the lense of the internet.

Not like, you had to be there to see when Lebron put in work during game 6 vs the Celtics.

Back