Welcome To aBlackWeb

You had to be there

Before Wiki there was...

Microsoft Encarta 98 2CD : Microsoft : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming  : Internet Archive

A lot of them are still operational, batteries still intact and all. I had one Motorola that I had charged to see if I had got all the pics off of it. Shit ended up sitting in storage for a year. While we were unpacking in our new crib I came across it and for shits and giggles I tried to power it up: The battery still had a charge and it turned on.

It's the phone on the left:

View attachment 1245037

I still got my first ever phone too (motorola), I'll dig it out later lol

The Nokia 8210, 3210, 8910's were bullet proof... I jumped into a swimming pool on holiday with my 8210 in my shorts pocket... I just left it to dry out in the sun for a day and fired back up no problem...

Last edited:

This song to me was PEAK Soulja boy, white tee, ringtone rap, dance music, college days around the late 00s slowly into the 10s

Remember ordering from catalogs??? Or the back of CDs??? Seems archaic now...

Ordered a Death Row hoodie and bottle opener/key ring from Daz's 'Revenge, Retaliation and Get Back' album...

I still got my first ever phone too (motorola), I'll dig it out later lol

The Nokia 8210, 3210, 8910's were bullet proof... I jumped into a swimming pool on holiday with my 8210 in my shorts pocket... I just left it to dry out in the sun for a day and fired back up no problem...

My wife had a blue Nokia 8210 and a 3310. I still have both of them in a box in storage and they both still work. I also have a Motorola Timeport T280i in storage that still works.

17.jpg

Goting to record shops like Tower Records, Musicland/Sam Goody, Harmony House, etc to get your music. Most shops had employees that was up on a wide variety of music genres and could give you recommendations. Plus there was the release board. Tuesdays was the shit 'cause that's when all the new shit came out.

View attachment 1244594

I miss these stores but man the thought of how many people would be sharing those headphones just seems nasty as hell now lol

shook-cant-ne.gif

mannnnnnnnnn

Thats one of those things that if you didn’t post, I would’ve never thought about again as long as I live.

That sh!t was like magic to me when I was a kid lol

My wife had a blue Nokia 8210 and a 3310. I still have both of them in a box in storage and they both still work. I also have a Motorola Timeport T280i in storage that still works.

17.jpg

Took me a while to Google but this was my first ever phone, I still got it somewhere... Apparently its a MR602...

My Phone History - Andy Fraser - Coolsmartphone

Motorola MR 602 Mobile Telephone | Science Museum Group Collection

Back