Welcome To aBlackWeb

You had to be there

9/11

I remember exactly what I was doing.

I was in 2nd period sleep, a teacher busted in the room telling the teacher somebody crashed into a building.

So the teacher put it in just to put it on nobody really cared because we thought it was a accident

But when that second one hit everybody went crazy. I still remember one dude starting rapping BIG lyrics lol

Pokémon
I know most of us are around the same age but not all into the same things.

Trust me, when this shit dropped, the hold that it had on us in elementary school was crazy.

I’m talking from the games, cards and anime

True joy remembering this

WATTBA

View attachment 1243482View attachment 1243483View attachment 1243484View attachment 1243485

I remember reading in one of those magazines like GamePro or VG&CE about some new shit in Japan they called "Pocket Monsters", shits was HUGE over there. Then not too long after that "Pokemon" appeared over here. First thing I remember thinking was "Why the name change???", then I started seeing cards, then the anime and it was a wrap: Pokemon was the biggest shit here.

Funny enough, I had never played it despite owning a Gameboy when it was released here Stateside. I didn't play a single Pokemon game until me and the kids started playing Pokemon Stadium via N64 emulator maybe 5-6 years ago.

Malice in the Palace

Me and the homie Escaped his opps lol long story so I’m like I’m a stay at ur crib for the night we wake up early in the am and turn on ESPN
And that shit is everywhere phone ringing off the hook w mad niggas talking yo you see that shit last night?

Clubbing in the early to mid 2000s
Free before 11 and the business casual wear in the club era
I had seen some videos with older GenZ make fun of that era of clubbing.

Meanwhile they are scared to death to go around folks in the club face to face.

I love when this one girl said “CLUBBING IS IN ITS FLOP ERA”

The interactions and music. Not enough club good fun music out.

Everything is murder or woe is me music lol

I had seen some videos with older GenZ make fun of that era of clubbing.

Meanwhile they are scared to death to go around folks in the club face to face.

I love when this one girl said “CLUBBING IS IN ITS FLOP ERA”

The interactions and music. Not enough club good fun music out.

Everything is murder or woe is me music lol

I remember one time I forgot we was going to the club one Saturday night and me and the crew stopped off to pick up one of our boys. We all pre-gaming some liquor and when everyone was ready to head out, one of them noticed I had on a pair of Forums and the club we was about to hit up had a strict "no basketball/tennis/running shoe" rule. They wouldn't even let you in with Rockports on. My boy threw me a pair of his black Tims and I managed to squeeze my size 12's into his size 9 and a half's (he's a short cat) and we rolled out.

I remember one time I forgot we was going to the club one Saturday night and me and the crew stopped off to pick up one of our boys. We all pre-gaming some liquor and when everyone was ready to head out, one of them noticed I had on a pair of Forums and the club we was about to hit up had a strict "no basketball/tennis/running shoe" rule. They wouldn't even let you in with Rockports on. My boy threw me a pair of his black Tims and I managed to squeeze my size 12's into his size 9 and a half's (he's a short cat) and we rolled out.
I use to club so much back in the early to mid 2000s

I stopped going hard around 2010

Pokémon
I know most of us are around the same age but not all into the same things.

Trust me, when this shit dropped, the hold that it had on us in elementary school was crazy.

I’m talking from the games, cards and anime

True joy remembering this

WATTBA

View attachment 1243482View attachment 1243483View attachment 1243484View attachment 1243485

My mama thought pokemon was the stupidest shit ever and refused to buy me cards but i remember hitting the greatest lick of all time whenever the preachers in my neighborhood formed like voltron and convinced all the other parents that pokemon were demonic. One of them mfs said he woke up at night n encounter a giant pikachu demon in his kitchen wit red eyes. Lmfao they made all the kids throw they cards in a trash bag and put them on the back of my neighbors pick up truck so he could haul em off. I found out while out there playing with the twins next door so when they went in the house I got on the truck n took the bag. Shit was full of damp ass pokemon cards since it had been outside for a few days.

I kept them for a lil while but never got deep into pokemon like everybody else so i dont even know wht happened to those shits

Damn, that And 1 mixtape example is real as fuck. SMH. Niggas had to be there. We passed volume 2 all around the hood. On VHS. Niggas making dubs of dubs of dubs, getting grainier every time.
I never forget when they came to NOLA. They had open tryouts and for some reason they had the goal slightly lowered. I was grabbing a 10f run at the time but couldn’t really dunk. Caught a fast break and dunked it, thought I was about to get on tour lol

Same game dudes was going through their legs and shit. Shattered my dreams lmao

I bet if I went to my grandma house and go through her stuff I bet I left a few tapes over there

The exact moment the OJ verdict was read.

/close thread.

But naw fr fr....that was 96 i think.

I was in class, me n my friends ran thru the hallway laughing n screaming. You would think we won the 96 NBA finals. I was sooo happy, i was happy for days.

"This nigga killed two white ppl n got away with it. God bless America."

Damn, that And 1 mixtape example is real as fuck. SMH. Niggas had to be there. We passed volume 2 all around the hood. On VHS. Niggas making dubs of dubs of dubs, getting grainier every time.
Wasn’t no better motivation than watching that shit

We got volume 3 in February soon as we watched it we were at the park trying out moves at like 9:30 pm in February in Chicago cold as shit

Then the fact that a couple of ppl we know were in part 3 and 4

Back