Welcome To aBlackWeb

Yes, we have double standards. Everything aint for everybody. Lets talk about it.

I mean fam, we can have a discussion on why we agree or disagree with certain double standards.

Either way, saying, its just how it is a lazy answer.

In the 50s, black people couldnt use the same bathroom as whites.

Also in the 50s, a husband could slap fire out his wife for no reason.

In the current day, certain cultures still mutulate womena genetalia.

And they can all say its unfair but it is what it is.

Just a bad lazy answer imo.
i dont think its lazy - its not THAT articulate but its got a certain truth

you can still slap fire out your chick shit just works different in different places- you can damn near kill a bitch in most places in the world and so long as shes a ho or she didnt listen to you ( because youre the father or the husband or just because you the fucking man ) you be aight...

and its not like in 50 years black people are "treated" better ...we are regarded by a LOT of mainstream culture as a "thing" ...an object...just because the "treatment" is a little different don mean you being treated better

white girls who a generation make a judgement to not fuck with you because you were black and a "beast" or not the "same" as white men( ie a step down) now wanna fuck only because the rumor is " all black men have big dicks " so now they open...

is that really progress?

people will ALWAYS engage in double standards - we can strive to make shit more equitable - but on the real - we still do the same old shit-

youd think its not fair and probably be pissed if some person used his family and connections to get their kid out of trouble or to get in a school/environment when yours couldn't

but i bet you are willing to use family and connections on the quick to get your kid out of trouble or get them in a better school/environment

double standard...

i dont think its lazy - it not THAT articulate but its got a certain truth

you can still slap fire out your chick shit just works different in different places- you can damn near kill a bitch in most places in the world and so long as shes a ho or she didnt listen to you ( because youre the father or the husband or just because you the fucking man ) you be aight...

and its not like in 50 years black people are "treated" better ...we are regarded by a LOT of mainstream culture as a "thing" ...an object...just becausethe "treatment" is a littel differnt don mean you being treated better

white girls who a generation make a judgement to not fuck with you because you were black and a "beast" or not the "same" as white men( ie a step down) now wanna fuck only because the rumor is " all black men have big dicks " so now they open...

is that really progress?

people will ALWAYS engage in double standards - we can strive to make shit more equitable - but on the real - we still do the same old shit-

youd think tis not fair and probably be pissed if some person used his family and connections to get their kid out of trouble or to get in a school/environment when yours couldnt

but i bet you are willing to use family and connections on the quick to get your kid out of trouble or get them in a better school/environment

double standard...

Saying it is what it is means things should stay the way they are.

You can sit there and identify a double standard, say I cant change it, but still call it wrong.

Plus fam, you typed all those words but im not gonna sit here and debate if life changed over the past 50 years or not. Im not debating inherent facts today.

A ton of double standards we had 50 years ago dont exist today. When looking back at them, we shake at heads and think damn society was ran by a bunch of savages.

Alot of the double standards we have in society are trash and they will eventually go away and 50 years from now, our grandkids gon think we were uncivilized.

Your choice to be on the right side of history or not.

My overall point is, it is what it is is a trash ass answer and mfers that said that 50 years ago are trash mfers now that some of those double standards are gone.

We not the same so we can’t be held to the same standards

if a bitch aint fit to go to combat with me, it’s just logical and reasonable there’s a lot of other differences we have to account for.

a bitch don’t want to be the man, she just want to tell me how to be one. I ain’t going for that.

Getting mad about double standards is kinda stupid in my opinion, mostly because the double standards aren't the problem usually. They are a consequence of the problem. Like the one example we talk about is how if a female sleeps around a lot, she's labelled a hoe, whereas if a man does it he's a playa. I've always said that's not really a double standard. It's a consequence of gender roles in courtship rituals. For the most part men are the pursuers and women are the pursued. If the man is able to get a lot of women, it means he has some kinda skill or ability that allows him to be successful. If a woman gets a lot of men, she's basically just not being selective. You can say that for either gender fucking a lot of different people is right or wrong. That's a matter of opinion, but it's just a fact that the dynamics are different. You can't just talk that inconsistency away. It won't change until genders play equal roles in the process of hooking up. As long as women hold themselves as a prize that have to be earned, then some men will be praised when they demonstrate they have what it takes to win a lot of those prizes.

Getting mad about double standards is kinda stupid in my opinion, mostly because the double standards aren't the problem usually. They are a consequence of the problem. Like the one example we talk about is how if a female sleeps around a lot, she's labelled a hoe, whereas if a man does it he's a playa. I've always said that's not really a double standard. It's a consequence of gender roles in courtship rituals. For the most part men are the pursuers and women are the pursued. If the man is able to get a lot of women, it means he has some kinda skill or ability that allows him to be successful. If a woman gets a lot of men, she's basically just not being selective. You can say that for either gender fucking a lot of different people is right or wrong. That's a matter of opinion, but it's just a fact that the dynamics are different. You can't just talk that inconsistency away. It won't change until genders play equal roles in the process of hooking up. As long as women hold themselves as a prize that have to be earned, then some men will be praised when they demonstrate they have what it takes to win a lot of those prizes.
great explanation

Saying it is what it is means things should stay the way they are.

You can sit there and identify a double standard, say I cant change it, but still call it wrong.

Plus fam, you typed all those words but im not gonna sit here and debate if life changed over the past 50 years or not. Im not debating inherent facts today.

A ton of double standards we had 50 years ago dont exist today. When looking back at them, we shake at heads and think damn society was ran by a bunch of savages.

Alot of the double standards we have in society are trash and they will eventually go away and 50 years from now, our grandkids gon think we were uncivilized.

Your choice to be on the right side of history or not.

My overall point is, it is what it is is a trash ass answer and mfers that said that 50 years ago are trash mfers now that some of those double standards are gone.
well the only thing that shows if you are on the "right side" of history is history....ie you at some OTHER point other than your present point with a series of events that either bear out or support your point of view...

There were plenty of people who thought that King John was on the "right side of history"...there were plenty of people who thought Galileo was on the "right side of history" ....that didnt work out so well for them

1920s 1930s in Eurpe and American plenty of people thought Hitler was "on the right side of History"...one in particular probably still does and is sitting in the White House ...but i digress

my ultimate point is about the dumb idea that you can say a person can pick to be on the right side of history .....its oxymoronic.

Voltaire said "What is history? The lie that everyone agrees on...”

thats a simple statement but its got myriad of deeper meaning.... and thats the same thing that applies to saying "it is what it is" doesnt mean thats always gonna be like that .....BUT ,

some OTHER fundamental shit would have to change for the dynamic that you are critiquing can change

you cant be on the right side of history since it aint history til its past

it is what it is means just that - you have what you have presently to deal with it - either you accept it or dont accept it but its gonna be there.

we are ALWAYS going to engage in double standards ...

Those with sons should try them stir them away from hoes and teach them the game

BoringCheeryAmericancreamdraft-size_restricted.gif

0a0631bc9165f5001b60a998c9308270.jpg

Last edited:
double standards are ass

hold ppl accountable regardless of race, gender, socioeconomic status, desirability, etc

There are plenty of double standards involvin' all them shits that most of us find acceptable (except for probably the socio-economic status part)

Not all DS stem from inequality, some are a natural consequence of the social constructs we've developed for ourselves.

If we talkin' sexual abuse then that's not near true but even pretendin' that it is, as I've bein' sayin' in the other thread, men have dicks and women don't.

Been saying this for years.

so you are ok with female teachers going ham with male students because the male most likely isnt getting penetrated?

It's wrong either way, but a grown woman taking advantage of a 16yr old boy isn't nearly as bad as a grown man taking advantage of a 16yr old girl.

In the eyes of the law, however, they both should be held equally accountable for their actions.

Last edited:
Some men actually sued to make that illegal unless it's offered to men as well
but i can understand the ladies thing.....because the ladies bring the dudes. and the dudes buy the ladies drinks.

and ladies can party by themselves.

Back