Welcome To aBlackWeb

Yes, we have double standards. Everything aint for everybody. Lets talk about it.

Do the parents of ABW have the same curfews and goin' out rules for their daughters and sons when they were the same age?

No shade on the question, genuine curiosity

Do the parents of ABW have the same curfews and goin' out rules for their daughters and sons when they were the same age?

the only difference was one was older.
the fact that my son is handsome as hell, and my daughter was developed like a woman early...shit drove me crazy.

but they had the same rules..older could just come home later

I only have a son but if I am lucky enough to have a daughter one day I'd base that shit on their individual personalities not one being a boy and one being a girl. If they show can be trusted to be out at certain times then ok...if not then their ass is in the house. My level of trust of my child to do/act right w/o me around wouldn't be based on them being a boy or a girl

Getting mad about double standards is kinda stupid in my opinion, mostly because the double standards aren't the problem usually. They are a consequence of the problem. Like the one example we talk about is how if a female sleeps around a lot, she's labelled a hoe, whereas if a man does it he's a playa. I've always said that's not really a double standard. It's a consequence of gender roles in courtship rituals. For the most part men are the pursuers and women are the pursued. If the man is able to get a lot of women, it means he has some kinda skill or ability that allows him to be successful. If a woman gets a lot of men, she's basically just not being selective. You can say that for either gender fucking a lot of different people is right or wrong. That's a matter of opinion, but it's just a fact that the dynamics are different. You can't just talk that inconsistency away. It won't change until genders play equal roles in the process of hooking up. As long as women hold themselves as a prize that have to be earned, then some men will be praised when they demonstrate they have what it takes to win a lot of those prizes.

giphy.gif

For the most part men are the pursuers and women are the pursued. If the man is able to get a lot of women, it means he has some kinda skill or ability that allows him to be successful. If a woman gets a lot of men, she's basically just not being selective. You can say that for either gender fucking a lot of different people is right or wrong. That's a matter of opinion, but it's just a fact that the dynamics are different. You can't just talk that inconsistency away. It won't change until genders play equal roles in the process of hooking up. As long as women hold themselves as a prize that have to be earned, then some men will be praised when they demonstrate they have what it takes to win a lot of those prizes.
I've been articulating that point for over 20 years now.

Its the master key/bad lock argument.

Male "hoes" and female hoes are just not the same. Nowhere near the same..

Maturbation?

for the ladies its self love

for guys its selfish

for ladies its empowerment

for guys its almost pervertish

Male hoes and female hoes is not the same until you find yourself in love with a chick, cheat on her, then she leaves you for your ways and you stuck thinking bout her years later and be like damn i let the good one get away.

Not that im talking from experience, just saying

Back