Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION X-Men: The Animated Series Discussion Thread

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
with Disney+ launching this week, we were treated to the inclusion of the XMEN animated series that many of us grew up watching on saturday mornings.

While i dont have D+, i still am taking this time to rewatch this as I just realized i didnt see it to completion. I think there are 75 episodes in total but i swear when i was a kid, seemed like they just showed the same 10-12 in rotation.

Anyway, wanted to do this kinda like a book club to where we can just discuss where we are in the series and talk about some things

for some reason, Morph was one of my fav characters early on. I didnt realize it at the time how meaningless yet impactful his death was. I think he was a severely underutilized character, but at the same time, with mystique, they probably felt they had met the shapeshifter quota or something

for some reason, Morph was one of my fav characters early on. I didnt realize it at the time how meaningless yet impactful his death was. I think he was a severely underutilized character, but at the same time, with mystique, they probably felt they had met the shapeshifter quota or something
Was he a big thing in the comics because he was gone in like the first or second episode

Jubilee was useless with a useless power. I remember the first episode she shot her power and the Sentinel just raised his hand blocking it.
i think she was supposed to level up at some point and unleash her full potential. I think she is/was pretty powerful in the comics at some point

It doesn't get good till like the 8th-9th episode imo.

That's when they throw apocalypse, bishop, days of future past and the four horsemen on our headtops then you wondering wtf happened. And its lit.

Morph was created for the express purpose of dyin' in that first episode. The producers wanted the audience to kno' it was real life

Yeah they basically raised the stakes without really having to catch anymore bodies.

They would just let wolverine have a flashback every 5 episodes and smash something then ride off on his bike lmaooooo

That was some dope ass plot armor.

X Men Evolution is good but it's a slow burner too. Doesn't get goin' til Magneto comes outta the shadows in like s2 I think
Yeah I actually watched that show in full

it was cool just too much teenage angst

looking like peter Parker and iron man B if I can’t get through X men

I just wanna watch this stuff as an adult to pick up on things

Back