Welcome To aBlackWeb

WrestleMania 36 PPV Thread: April 4 & 5, 2020

Orton vs Edge proved that even with clever editing Orton is a boring unenthusiastic wrestler.

Its like watching the worst of daytime television.
Falcon Crest...

AEW is gonna keep winning the ratings war for these reasons:

People who keep “hating” wwe will continue to watch AEW just so they can say they watched it live over wwe, hence get better ratings

Since NXT is available on the network the next day and some fans are still used to watching it that way, why should they watch it live?

Some people, like Shenco and Chi Town, just like AEW better and will still watch it and shit on wwe like they always do
Or AEW is just putting out the better overall show right now?

I will have to correct you on that my astute friend. I dislike Main roster WWE because they always come through with the BS. I have always praised NXT as the best programming WWE has to offer. Unfortunately for fans of NXT, in an effort to beat AEW in the ratings Vince is about to make it Raw/Smackdown 2.0 and Charlotte winning is proof of that.

lol they could've done this last night by having rhea go over

View attachment 260219

Idk why they didn't pull the trigger last night. The only thing i can think of is them wanting to do it infront of a live crowd for the reaction.

All i know is that somebody from NXT is gonna beat Charlotte now and hopefully come out looking like a star

AEW is gonna keep winning the ratings war for these reasons:

People who keep “hating” wwe will continue to watch AEW just so they can say they watched it live over wwe, hence get better ratings

Since NXT is available on the network the next day and some fans are still used to watching it that way, why should they watch it live?

Some people, like Shenco and Chi Town, just like AEW better and will still watch it and shit on wwe like they always do

I been saying this bruh

a lot of their fan base on social media are ex WWE fans who hate everything they do now. So they'll choose AEW no matter what. Only way NXT wins is if they're able to get more of the viewers from RAW & SD to tune in through cross brand shit.

So the main reason that AEW been winning in the ratings from jump is everything outside of having better overall shows with characters and segments that get the audience invested? It's because folks hate WWE? Wow. Let's just ignore the flaws that NXT has. It's because AEW fans just don't like WWE.

Quick question...what made them not like WWE? Was it the years of horrible creative? Misuse of talent? 50/50 booking? Overpushing people that the fans didn't like while burying the ones that they did? I wonder

I don't watch NXT so you never read anything from me dissing the program. My issue is the main two programs not being up to par of a top wrestling show from the top wrestling promotion

So the main reason that AEW been winning in the ratings from jump is everything outside of having better overall shows with characters and segments that get the audience invested? It's because folks hate WWE? Wow. Let's just ignore the flaws that NXT has. It's because AEW fans just don't like WWE.

Quick question...what made them not like WWE? Was it the years of horrible creative? Misuse of talent? 50/50 booking? Overpushing people that the fans didn't like while burying the ones that they did? I wonder

Lol AEW has flaws too, like their awful women’s division that they still need to work on (and that a man is the women’s champion but that can be discussed another time). The tag division still needs some improvement. But I still enjoy AEW and will continue to do so. AEW has the benefit of being on only once a week live and being the only AEW show. That works for them. I haven’t watched a full episode of smackdown since like January and I watch raw sparingly, but I watch nxt in its entirety every Wednesday

I know its because a lot of AEW fans dont like WWE bruh.. you see it all the time on twitter and in thecomment sections on the news sites.

its not all of their fans but theres a good chunk of them that are very anti WWE

And as far as them pushing people that the fans want

Did they not drop all plans and push Daniel Bryan not once but twice? They also gave us a Kofi reign and then took it away once people started shitting on it.

Right now they pushing Becky who people claimed had been overlooked for years and you see how they've turned on her

Drew won last night, people were happy but I guarantee you that they gonna do the same to him months from now. They'll sour on his push and claim that hes the worst thing ever.

If Rhea would of won they would of done the same shit to her months from now

It never fails. AEW hasn't ran into that problem yet but they will because there is no way that you can please everybody and also the fans are spoiled, one of these days they will listen to them and push somebody that is green as shit only for the fans to turn on them and demand something else

I know its because a lot of AEW fans dont like WWE bruh.. you see it all the time on twitter and in thecomment sections on the news sites.

its not all of their fans but theres a good chunk of them that are very anti WWE

Did they not drop all plans and push Daniel Bryan not once but twice? They also gave us a Kofi reign and then took it away once people started shitting on it.

Right now they pushing Becky who people claimed had been overlooked for years and you see how they've turned on her

Drew won last night, people were happy but I guarantee you that they gonna do the same to him months from now. They'll sour on his push and claim that hes the worst thing ever.

It never fails. AEW hasn't ran into that problem yet but they will because there is no way that you can please everybody and also the fans are spoiled, one of these days they will listen to them and push somebody that is green as shit only for the fans to turn on them and demand something else
They had no choice, they buried Bryan for months to try and stop his rise, it wasn't until they saw an arena full of basketball and hockey fans doing yes chants.

Idk why they didn't pull the trigger last night. The only thing i can think of is them wanting to do it infront of a live crowd for the reaction.

All i know is that somebody from NXT is gonna beat Charlotte now and hopefully come out looking like a star

wasn't this supposed to happen last night?
folks need to stop making the same mistakes. the only one who's gonna come out looking like a star...is Charlotte
name one feud she lost...

They had no choice, they buried Bryan for months to try and stop his rise, it wasn't until they saw an arena full of basketball and hockey fans doing yes chants.

This is true. they still could of ignored that shit but it would of made them look even worse if they did

fans "turning" on wrestlers has a lot to do with wwe knowing how to book the title chase, but not the title reign

And again..fans wanted becky she deserved it..but does she need to run thru everyone and win every damn time

Someone in here please tell me Asuka, Sasha, etc could not shine just as much as becky has? Shit Mandy Rose could...Vince loves blondes.

Man the roit squad was a decent little stable there was a lot you could of done w them in general but you turned them into jobbers then broke them up..!?

I am still piss off they deliberately buried Wyatt family stable..that ish was over like a muthafucka.

You get the fiend now, he carried the strap for a what...a month to turn around and lose it...like wtf!?

Lol AEW has flaws too, like their awful women’s division that they still need to work on (and that a man is the women’s champion but that can be discussed another time). The tag division still needs some improvement. But I still enjoy AEW and will continue to do so. AEW has the benefit of being on only once a week live and being the only AEW show. That works for them. I haven’t watched a full episode of smackdown since like January and I watch raw sparingly, but I watch nxt in its entirety every Wednesday
Who said AEW doesn't have it's flaws though? I didn't like SCU being the inaugural champions. It should have been Lucha Bros or Private Party. I thought either Nyla or Shida should have been the women's champion. We've all acknowledged that the women's division needs help. Also can we not with the val venis transphobia please? And AEW's tag division is a flaw? They like one of the only domestic promotions that take tag team wrestling seriously anymore.

Last edited:

I never argued that a lot of AEW fans don't like WWE....but ask yourself why is that?

Daniel Bryan only got his spot because the fans pretty much took over the shows, the seahawks won the superbowl and were doing it, fans at basketball hockey and football games were doing it, anchors on espn were doing yes chants. It literally became a movement outside of wrestling. There was no denying it. It took Bryan becoming the face of a pop culture movement for them to give him the title. You think if that didn't happen vince would have given him mania? Stop it. With Kofi dang near the same thing had to happen plus the subtle racial undertones they were playing with and Bryan wanting to give him the shot. They almost gave that mania spot to KO.

Becky has suffered from bad creative and bad booking. That's why the fans turned on her. That's why the fans will turn on Drew as well. WWE doesn't know how to follow up. AEW hasn't run into that problem yet because they listen to the fans. They have straight up rebooted two characters and nixed a whole angle because the fans wasn't feeling it.

Orton vs Edge proved that even with clever editing Orton is a boring unenthusiastic wrestler.

Its like watching the worst of daytime television.
Falcon Crest...
100% agree, the build was trash no matter how much heat they swear Randy did it led to a boring ass match with little heat the week of. Randy ain't that dude like folks make him out to be.

Back