Welcome To aBlackWeb

wow i feel so dumb

You can def get fired though.

Like that teacher that didn’t want to call the boy a girl but instead called the boy by his new name which was a “girl” name and he got fired

I guess... wasnt dude given warnings and he tried to hide behind his religion as an excuse to keep referring to the child as something they didnt want to be called anymore? What kind of teacher is that? And isnt dude suing for wrongful termination? Could go either way....

A far sight from legislation being put into place penalizing people for not using someones preferred pronouns tho. It takes nothing from you for you to call someone by what they prefer to be called by...

*shrugs*

I guess... wasnt dude given warnings and he tried to hide behind his religion as an excuse to keep referring to the child as something they didnt want to be called anymore? What kind of teacher is that? And isnt dude suing for wrongful termination? Could go either way....

A far sight from legislation being put into place penalizing people for not using someones preferred pronouns tho. It takes nothing from you for you to call someone by what they prefer to be called by...

*shrugs*

He actually did nothing wrong.

he only called the boy by the name that he changed it too. He didn’t call him, he or she just by the new name.

Also. If you feel you don’t have to call somebody a woman when they are not it’s nothing wrong with that either. So folks have principles they go by and will not break them especially if it goes against what they know/feel is right

Me having a wife and a daughter, no man could never be them now matter what they thing or do to themselves.

He actually did nothing wrong.

he only called the boy by the name that he changed it too. He didn’t call him, he or she just by the new name.

Also. If you feel you don’t have to call somebody a woman when they are not it’s nothing wrong with that either. So folks have principles they go by and will not break them especially if it goes against what they know/feel is right

Me having a wife and a daughter, no man could never be them now matter what they thing or do to themselves.

So he used the right name but not the right pronouns? Dude might have a case then... it's still petty on his part as an educator but he may have a case for wrongful termination. Like I said it could go either way in that instance.

If someone says "hey I prefer to be called this or that"... it's not a big deal for me personally to respect that and call them by whatever they prefer. Just aint that big a deal to me

for years i thought these men were injected with syphilis by the US government. wow. i couldnt be more wrong

This is no shot at you Race, but the fact that it seems so many didn't know this makes me wonder how often people actually do research into alot of historical events that shape current opinions and attitudes towards certain things. Like this information wasn't hidden at all. researching it and reading up about it would've revealed this but it seems more often than not threads like this twitter thread, i've seen several go viral over the past few weeks about the same topic, reveal alot of people gain their information by word of mouth things passed down and not actually reading up about them.

This is no shot at you Race, but the fact that it seems so many didn't know this makes me wonder how often people actually do research into alot of historical events that shape current opinions and attitudes towards certain things. Like this information wasn't hidden at all. researching it and reading up about it would've revealed this but it seems more often than not threads like this twitter thread, i've seen several go viral over the past few weeks about the same topic, reveal alot of people gain their information by word of mouth things passed down and not actually reading up about them.

idk i just was introduced to this study mad young and never went back to study it again. i doubt ppl are just lazy or willfully ignorant. this study isnt something generally talked about in grade school nor college

idk i just was introduced to this study mad young and never went back to study it again. i doubt ppl are just lazy or willfully ignorant. this study isnt something generally talked about in grade school nor college
Agreed. And everybody can’t be an expert on everything. Some things you hear enough people say you just kind of run with it until you learn something to the contrary.

Agreed. And everybody can’t be an expert on everything. Some things you hear enough people say you just kind of run with it until you learn something to the contrary.

I'm not saying someone has to be an expert on something. I just said I find it interesting that the word of mouth story spread so far for so long despite the actual story being available to find. especially as often as it's cited by people when issues of how much Black folks rightfully distrust alot of things from the medical community

I'm not saying someone has to be an expert on something. I just said I find it interesting that the word of mouth story spread so far for so long despite the actual story being available to find. especially as often as it's cited by people when issues of how much Black folks rightfully distrust alot of things from the medical community

the same as many things. like the willie lynch letter or believing dr sebi cured cancer etc

lol

Back