Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would You Be Content With Being Single?

We have, in a thread on the same topic a week or 2 ago. Just amazed by the lack of room for spectrum. The natural laws typically state that the purpose of partnering is to reproduce. There's more emphasis on reproduction in nature than there is long term partnership. Many do not intend to ever reproduce and simply don't click with children. Are they denying their true happiness too?
I can't say everyone should reproduce because I know some horrible parents but I will say there is nothing like the love you feel for your child. My life wouldn't have been affected as much by not getting married but having a child changed me more than anything I could have imagined.

How can it be a lack of room for spectrum when I just gave the entire spectrum of all things in the universe? Universal law. Just give me an example of one element, molecule or atom that is dependent of itself. All of these things came together and made you, me, and everything we know to exist.

Nothing exists independently of itself, so if I am trying to live this life "independently" then yes, I am denying and depriving myself of true happiness.
You defined interdependence solely as romantic relationships. Humans can be interdependent on one another in more aspects, that's just one of them. Partnering with one individual for life, grouping specifically as pairs isn't consistent with the entire universe. That's a way to universalize a personal standard you've been conditioned toward. Within the scope of nature, the primary hard law about our social behavior as people is that we're here to reproduce. That's science. Folks who don't like kids still exist tho.

You defined interdependence solely as romantic relationships. Humans can be interdependent on one another in more aspects, that's just one of them. Partnering with one individual for life, grouping specifically as pairs isn't consistent with the entire universe. That's a way to universalize a personal standard you've been conditioned toward. Within the scope of nature, the primary hard law about our social behavior as people is that we're here to reproduce. That's science. Folks who don't like kids still exist tho.

Everything is interdependent. All things. I haven't been conditioned to believe that, it's just the way it is. I didn't say anything about being with one person for your entire life or grouping specifically as pairs either. I'm simply saying that nothing in this universe is complete or whole "independently". It's not a social construct, it's not conditioning, or an idea. It's a universal law. Not a universal suggestion, but a universal law. It is what it is.

Everything is interdependent. All things. I haven't been conditioned to believe that, it's just the way it is. I didn't say anything about being with one person for your entire life or grouping specifically as pairs either. I'm simply saying that nothing in this universe is complete or whole "independently". It's not a social construct, it's not conditioning, or an idea. It's a universal law. Not a universal suggestion, but a universal law. It is what it is.
but that's what this thread is about
Alright so could you honestly be okay with being single for the rest of your life? Discuss.

I'll answer soon-I have a headache :(

If you're talking about interdependence as a human species, that can apply to any kind of bond. The notion of singleness being discussed in this thread is within the specific context of pairing or partnering for life, and you apparently aren't talking about that.

I'm just not a couples person.

Me and my wife have an extraordinary bond. I truly adore her,, and have no idea what I'd do without her.

But I really made it to 26 with out even 1 semi serious relationship... like by time I met my wife I was already accepting the fact that I was prolly gonna just stay single....

Relationships to me is always about the right individual, not just the fact you in a relationship p

Last edited:
Damn, my first post in 2 pages is all the answers??

:ha:

Will you look at that!

but that's what this thread is about

If you're talking about interdependence as a human species, that can apply to any kind of bond. The notion of singleness being discussed in this thread is within the specific context of pairing or partnering for life, and you apparently aren't talking about that.

Yes, from my understanding the thread is about being content about being single for the rest of your life but I wasn't limiting the relationship(s) to monogamy.

I'm jitsu not s couples person.

Me and my wife have an extraordinary bond. I truly adore her,, and have no idea what I'd do without her.

But I really made it to 26 with out even 1 semi serious relationship... like by time I met my wife I was already accepting the fact that I was prolly gonna just stay single....

Relationships to me is always about the right individual, not just the fact you in a relationship p
Sometimes, u save me keystrokes pops.

I think id get bored being single for life. I want to spend my life with somebody. A slew of things I need to change so I dont put up with stuff I dont like. But single and never getting married is the opposite of what I want and need. Relationships are just so complex.

I think id get bored being single for life. I want to spend my life with somebody. A slew of things I need to change so I dont put up with stuff I dont like. But single and never getting married is the opposite of what I want and need. Relationships are just so complex.

What things do you need to change?

What things do you need to change?

I need to communicate much better with her. She is very open minded I am too but she is more than I am. And I think she feels my views are manufactured depending on my audience. If i could just effectively express to her that when I met her I was in a 2 year process of opening my mind to things outside of me mayne she wouldnt view me as wishy washy she wants stability.

Also when i have a problem with something instead of addressing it then i tend to let it go thinking ill get over it because thats what adults are supposed to do. But its not right because it comes out later and bitter and everybody feels bad.

I want to know her the rest of my life but anytime i feel like im a burden or that she is i want to bounce. Only to miss her again. Never want to feel im holding her back but if im not expressing that how will she know?

Ambition level she knows im stagnant but i got used to this routine im in. I need to break out of it for myself. And then i can bring others with me. If I want her to rock with me for the long haul that is.

And lastly i have to not be so negative to an extreme. I take everything to heart but badly.

That was alot lawd

I need to communicate much better with her. She is very open minded I am too but she is more than I am. And I think she feels my views are manufactured depending on my audience. If i could just effectively express to her that when I met her I was in a 2 year process of opening my mind to things outside of me mayne she wouldnt view me as wishy washy she wants stability.

Also when i have a problem with something instead of addressing it then i tend to let it go thinking ill get over it because thats what adults are supposed to do. But its not right because it comes out later and bitter and everybody feels bad.

I want to know her the rest of my life but anytime i feel like im a burden or that she is i want to bounce. Only to miss her again. Never want to feel im holding her back but if im not expressing that how will she know?

Ambition level she knows im stagnant but i got used to this routine im in. I need to break out of it for myself. And then i can bring others with me. If I want her to rock with me for the long haul that is.

And lastly i have to not be so negative to an extreme. I take everything to heart but badly.

That was alot lawd

Damn, that was a real ass post. It seems like you've done alot of reflecting and you know what you need to do, but what have u done to change it? We say a lot of things we're gonna do to change things , but don't put in the effort to change things. After a while chicks get tired of of us hearing us talk , I've done the same shit in my past relationships, shit I think I'm still doing it now lol But what have u done to change it?

Lol im just not one to post all the positive stuff. I always took it as bragging. But might be my negative disposition

Damn, that was a real ass post. It seems like you've done alot of reflecting and you know what you need to do, but what have u done to change it? We say a lot of things we're gonna do to change things , but don't put in the effort to change things. After a while chicks get tired of of us hearing us talk , I've done the same shit in my past relationships, shit I think I'm still doing it now lol But what have u done to change it?

I feel mentally anyway that im lightening up trying to not be so closed off. The other stuff i havent worked as hard but no option other than to start today right.

So i believe thay everything that happens is either dorect or indirect "karma" manifesting itself in a persons life and/or destiny fulfilling itself. Had i made different decisions when i was younger, my son would not exist. And based on what i believe, every individual is born just bot out of coincidence. And i say that to say that if i could be completely selfish, i would have been single and trird to live a life persuing spiritual enlightenment. I love my family dearly, but i can see how having a family can possibly be a distraction from advancing your personal journey towards "oneness" with The Most High.

But on the other hand, ive come to recognized the whole process of "marriage" and becoming "one" in the family structure as a extension of the Holy Union and the whole concept of The Father (masculine aspect), Holy Spirit (feminine aspect), and The Son (the result of embracing both/rebirth). I just think our imperfecrions as individuals are preventing us from reaching the true purpose of thr Holy Union beyween man and woman.

I say that to say if i could do it all over again, id make sure i was as perpared as possible before bringing somone else on board lol. But thats not how life works or how The Most High operates. All in all, im happy with how my life has playrd out so far and my wofe was EXACTLY what i needed at the time we met.

Back