Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would You Be Content With Being Single?

MissK

I was Not here
Alright so could you honestly be okay with being single for the rest of your life? Discuss.

I'll answer soon-I have a headache :(

i would...i think as a society, we put too much pressures on what they think defines a healthy marriage/relationship

I mean, im not advocating just being a whole hoe outchea, but if you found that connection with someone that you feel brings things to the table, why not just go with the flow

idk if i answered your question directly, so let me try this way

even as a man, who really enjoys his private time, i still would like the company of a lady. I wouldnt try to string nothing along, but if we click together, we click together and there would be a clear understanding of boundaries and expectations. I dont think i could go my entire life and not have the company of a woman, but i dont think i need to be married to her to have that bond/connection either...idk..

of course.

i'm with my wife because i like her. it's a personal need because of our attachment to each other.

not a core need I had before i knew her..

If i'm not with her i don't need to be with anyone else.......it's really just about her

of course.

i'm with my wife because i like her. it's a personal need because of our attachment to each other.

not a core need I had before i knew her..

If i'm not with her i don't need to be with anyone else.......it's really just about her

You don't think that companionship is a basic human need?

You don't think that companionship is a basic human need?
not on a intimate level

interaction is all u need..... i don't have to share my bed...

now it is fucking awesome and i wouldn't give it up if i didn't have to.... but before her there was essentially nobody... and the bar is set pretty fuckign high now.....

i don't think i could ever like let alone love anyone else in the world to allow them this close again.....

this is a one and done type deal....if it doesn't work out, i'm done.....

i also think being single gets a bad rep

a lot of people think if you're single, you just trying to fuck everything in sight if you're a dude, or you're crazy and unstable if you're a female

while both of these things are within the spectrum, i think too often we rush to get into relationships b/c we havent taken out the proper time to get to know people

again, im not saying just be outchea bussin it open and slanging oscar meyer, but being single can be healthy for you as well imo...

i'll expound later...my coworker actually want me to do some work this afternoon...aint that a....

I agree to an extent Du in what you are saying

Maslow%27s_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg

I waited a long time to get married so yes I could have been happy single. I have always enjoyed my own company so the ability to spend time by myself might be the thing I miss most. Also, having a three year old limits the time alone. I am happier married to the person I am married to but being single is not a problem and should not be stigmatized.

I'm pretty happy on my own. I enjoy myself and I'm spoiled with the company of great fam/friends/mentors. I've never specifically craved romantic companionship for the purpose of being with someone, I only want a relationship when I meet someone extraordinary and they compel me to step out of my comfortable singleness. So yes, I'd be content being single if that's how life worked out for me.
So being married to someone defines you? I believe the question was single not could you be alone. Everyone needs comfort from another person but that doesn't mean you have to marry them .
does comfort from another person have to be romantic?

So being married to someone defines you? I believe the question was single not could you be alone. Everyone needs comfort from another person but that doesn't mean you have to marry them .

That's not what I took from it.
The question was: alright so could you honestly be okay with being single for the rest of your life?
SINGLE MEANING ONE.
MEANING ULTIMATELY BY. YOUR. SELF.

I'm still wrestling with my thoughts and feelings on marriage but the thought of me being single for the rest of my life makes me sick to my stomach.
sorry.

Reactions: Az
The question was: alright so could you honestly be okay with being single for the rest of your life?
SINGLE MEANING ONE.
MEANING ULTIMATELY BY YOUR. SELF.

I'm still wrestling with my thoughts and feelings on marriage but the thought of me being single for the rest of my life makes me sick to my stomach.
sorry.
that's strong wording sis, why does it repulse you? assuming you had companionship of a different nature in your life

SINGLE MEANING ONE.
MEANING ULTIMATELY BY. YOUR. SELF.

sorry.
We should get clarity on the question then. I couldn't be a monk living in solitude either.

Back