Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would You Be Content With Being Single?

Ok I think y'all know where I stand on this especially if yu been watching the dedicate a song to a poster thread. I been single too long and hell no @ being single for the rest of my life. Don't even wanna be single now...

I mean I love my friends. @BNE
The bond between women is magical.
My friends are my healers, my confidants, my protectors in so many ways

BUTTTTTTTTTTT I need a man in my life.
I need a man. Im not one of those women who can live their life without a man.
I need a man!!!! lmao I mean I'm not desperate or starved for attention by any means.
Im perfectly ok right now as a single woman
I enjoy my own company
I enjoy doing the things that make me happy alone
Im really tight with myself. I promise lol
but I know at the end of the day being single would kill me.

I mean really kill me lmao.

Ok I think y'all know where I stand on this especially if yu been watching the dedicate a song to a poster thread. I been single too long and hell no @ being single for the rest of my life. Don't even wanna be single now...

The guy that will love you and treat you right is coming soon pretty lady.
I know I only have a small idea of who you are but from your post I can tell you got good energy.

I think Im not opposed to marriage anymore

:yikes1:

I really hated the thought of it but honestly, the stability attracts me.

goldie be at the computer like: Hmm what can I say that makes the least amount of sense but still sounds good?
v_fdEt.gif

what do you hate about it? we never got round to talking bout your thots on it

hmmm the thought of spending the rest of my life with one person makes me a little queasy.
Like what if I stop being attracted to him mid-marriage? what if his hairline starts receding?:scust:
What if he starts wearing fedoras? and starts saying things like "Sugah" and talking with a toothpick hanging out his mouth?
What happens he can no longer please me sexually?

I dont think I can take that, ya know? I know it seems kind of shallow but I mean what if he starts wearing boot-cut jeans?

that's my biggest fear. I'm a very free person---- naturally and the thought of losing interest in husband and no longer wanting to be married, scares me to death.

I'm also very indecisive :/

Outside of the shallow realm

I don't want the courts interfering with my relationship.

I don' want the government intertwined with my union.

I also don't like the capitalistic ideas that go along with marriage.
"a person should have a certain amount of money before the get married"
"your ring is supposed to be a certain size"
"you wedding should be this big"
"your dress should cost this much"

None of that shit matters to me lol.

I'm the least materialistic person you will ever meet.

hmmm the thought of spending the rest of my life with one person makes me a little queasy.
Like what if I stop being attracted to him mid-marriage? what if his hairline starts receding?:scust:
What if he starts wearing fedoras? and starts saying things like "Sugah" and talking with a toothpick hanging out his mouth?
What happens he can no longer please me sexually?

I dont think I can take that, ya know? I know it seems kind of shallow but I mean what if he starts wearing boot-cut jeans?

that's my biggest fear. I'm a very free person---- naturally and the thought of losing interest in husband and no longer wanting to be married, scares me to death.

I'm also very indecisive :/

Outside of the shallow realm

I don't want the courts interfering with my relationship.

I don' want the government intertwined with my union.

I also don't like the capitalistic ideas that go along with marriage.
"a person should have a certain amount of money before the get married"
"your ring is supposed to be a certain size"
"you wedding should be this big"
"your dress should cost this much"

None of that shit matters to me lol.

I'm the least materialistic person you will ever meet.
u actually sound marriage minded to me. the thought of us naturally no longer wanting to be married due to lost interest doesn't scare me much, divorce is always an option.

No.

Nothing that exists is supposed to be alone. Nothing in existence is independent of itself.

At the end of the day, "content" is just another word for settling or giving up, so yes anyone can settle and give up but not one living thing is going to be "happy" being alone. I'm not talking about moments of happiness, but being in the state of happiness.

No.

Nothing that exists is supposed to be alone. Nothing in existence is independent of itself.

At the end of the day, "content" is just another word for settling or giving up, so yes anyone can settle and give up but not one living thing is going to be "happy" being alone. I'm not talking about moments of happiness, but being in the state of happiness.
can you really speak for other people's happiness though?

i wanted to expound upon my post earlier

i also think that society as a whole doesnt place enough emphasis on self love. Im not talking about from a vanity standpoint either, although, thats part of it, but just look at the audience that the print magazines target

"get her/him to notice you with this six pack ab routine"
"catch their attention at the pool this summer with this diet plan"

this notion seems to suggest that people only find happiness, satisfaction, acceptance, etc...at the behest of someone else, when in reality, you should learn to love and accept yourself first. No im not saying be rigid or stuck in your ways and think people are just supposed to accept you as your are...thats just fucking selfish, but thats another topic for another day. But love yourself as in, be proud of what makes you the person you are and be willing to continue to grow. If someone comes along the way that just so happens to put out the same energy as you, thats a plus. But dont be pressed to "find someone" b/c you've pretty much been conditioned from birth that you have to.

Yes by yourself either from jump or say you had some relationships but got to a point where you are like I'm good being single from here on out

In this case Yes.

Which one of us are outside or above the natural laws that govern all things?

I swear we've had this conversation before.
We have, in a thread on the same topic a week or 2 ago. Just amazed by the lack of room for spectrum. The natural laws typically state that the purpose of partnering is to reproduce. There's more emphasis on reproduction in nature than there is long term partnership. Many do not intend to ever reproduce and simply don't click with children. Are they denying their true happiness too?

We have, in a thread on the same topic a week or 2 ago. Just amazed by the lack of room for spectrum. The natural laws typically state that the purpose of partnering is to reproduce. There's more emphasis on reproduction in nature than there is long term partnership. Many do not intend to ever reproduce and simply don't click with children. Are they denying their true happiness too?

How can it be a lack of room for spectrum when I just gave the entire spectrum of all things in the universe? Universal law. Just give me an example of one element, molecule or atom that is dependent of itself. All of these things came together and made you, me, and everything we know to exist.

Nothing exists independently of itself, so if I am trying to live this life "independently" then yes, I am denying and depriving myself of true happiness.

Back