COMMUNITY Working with white folks

White people breath stink

It's the coffee they drink like water.

At this one company I worked at I was put on a project where we had a SCRUM meeting every morning at 8:30. All these white faces standing around drinking coffee and me with my can of Rockstar. Any time any of the spoke it smelled like open asshole and I'm struggling with the dookey stank cloud hovering over the area. It didn't click until one day me and one of the other engineers walked in together and the whole time we were talking shit was cool. We stopped off at the cafeteria and got his coffee and I grabbed my Rockstar. When the meeting rolled around he had something to say and I was right next to him and is smelled like this dude went bobbing for shit logs in the toilet.

That's when I figured it out: Coffee makes your breath smell like shit.

Last edited:
Rockstar is the Walmart brand of energy drinks fam

Rockstar is one of the better joints out there, truth be told.

It's also one of the few remaining energy drinks that doesn't contain artificial sweeteners in it's basic form. Aside from being nasty as fuck, sucralose, aspartame, neotame, and acesulfame potassium are all toxic and cause some pretty nasty reactions with me.

Rockstar is one of the better joints out there, truth be told.

It's also one of the few remaining energy drinks that doesn't contain artificial sweeteners in it's basic form. Aside from being nasty as fuck, sucralose, aspartame, neotame, and acesulfame potassium are all toxic and cause some pretty nasty reactions with me.

Those side effects are blown out of proportion. Lots of people think the rat studies mean the same thing for humans, but we're not rats. Other than insulin issues, artificial sugars aren't that bad

My girlfriend is the only black person in her lab and working with white folks and folks who don't understand our culture is very stressful. I also had my share of social anxiety and stress for code switching especially around white women since they seemingly fear me. However overtime it's all about finding a key balance to project dignity, respect, and intelligence. Doing so is a job within it's self but it's mandatory unless Coporate prejudice becomes a common nature. Also the trick is to find certain things to communicate about that doesn't drop below levels of culture, politics, and stay there.

Reactions: 313 Wayz
Those side effects are blown out of proportion. Lots of people think the rat studies mean the same thing for humans, but we're not rats. Other than insulin issues, artificial sugars aren't that bad

Ok.. not that bad you say? The FDA was bringing charges against GD Searle over Aspartame back in the 70's. The then president of GD Searle, Donald Rumsfeld, was later appointed to Ronald Regan's transition team when he won the election and he installed people at the FDA that would push an approval for Aspartame through.

Plus, they ALL cause me pain in my kidneys. I get lethargic and, sucralose in particular, fucks up my stomach.

I made a pit stop at the ER one morning on my way to work because I was having some serious throbbing pain in my kidneys. Doc ran some tests and said I had no infections or anything and my kidneys were functioning normally. She asked some more questions then asked what I drank that morning ans when I told her she said to stop drinking anything with those artificial sweeteners in it because that's likely the source of the problem. She said that that shit was never properly tested on humans.

Reactions: LurkerSix
It would behoove you to learn to code switch.

Also, if you haven't learned by now, don't trust any of your co workers. They are not your friends. The only difference with working with white people is, they're much more conniving in how they'll stab you in the back.

Once you learn their language, it'll be a breeze. Hence, code switching.

All in all, same shit different toilet.

Watch what you do and say around them. They will bring it up first chance they get.

Also white people love to tell you their personal business so be prepared to hear their life story at any point they run into you.

its already been stated but can't be stressed enough to don't do office after work functions and office politics

- do not be friends on any social media platform (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- don't discuss politics, religion and salary
- don't discuss what type of significant purchase (house, car, etc) you made bc that will be used a point of conversation where they feel they can come up and start talking to you. That can also be used to gauge whether or not you need the job, for example "313 just bought a home.....he aint going anywhere......let's get him to do more work"
- "Hello" or "Hows It Going", "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" "Good Evening" "Wow...", should be the only nonwork-related verbal exchanges......that may come across as anti-social or whatever but it keeps you out of office-related drama

100% AGREE WIT AAAAAALLLLLLL OF THESE POSTS!!!

This is why I keep to myself majority of the time I'm at work.

These muthafuccas so bad with each other, they've developed a negative reputation throughout the depts wit all the drama they caused. Had an interview in another dept and the supervisor interviewing me said something like "Yeah we're not like your dept, it's more laid back and drama free..." Lol!!!

These muthafuccas done got warnings from HR b/c of the number of times they've gone tattletale'ing each other. All on each others FB, talkin shyt about one another...smh.

I dealt wi and been around drama back home b4 they moved. Never again. I make small talk here & there, but for the most part I'm on my phone. I still keep my ears open tho. You'll learn a lot shyt about your coworkers if you sit and listen. Cuz like someone said folks will tell ALL their business.

My girlfriend is the only black person in her lab and working with white folks and folks who don't understand our culture is very stressful. I also had my share of social anxiety and stress for code switching especially around white women since they seemingly fear me. However overtime it's all about finding a key balance to project dignity, respect, and intelligence. Doing so is a job within it's self but it's mandatory unless Coporate prejudice becomes a common nature. Also the trick is to find certain things to communicate about that doesn't drop below levels of culture, politics, and stay there.

This.

Was in the breakroom one day watching TV while on lunch. One of my coworker comes in, sees I had MSNBC playing, and Frump popped up on the tv.

So she makes a comment I guess trying to see where I'm at politically. Something like "I don't like him. What about you?"...

giphy (1) (1).gif

In my head I'm like "Naw hefa...I see thru that shyt you tryin to pull."

I just gave a lil chuckle and a "For real?" response and kept eating my lunch. She made another attempt to engage politically, but I guess after she saw I wasn't biting, she switched the topic, then left to heat her food up. Lol. Most of them are the Faux News watchers, and have already overheard their political stance. So I already know who they side wit.

Just shut up and do your job...itll speak for itself

Some people dont like me cuz I dont do lunches or after work functions or even stop by peoples office to talk

They know my family but not my business and it's been that way for 8 years

I've watched several black people (well, women) come in and out because they got comfortable and acted like themselves a lil too much

I'm positive my anti social, work above all attitude is what has kept me around....I pull my work face on, give em 9 hours of me and I'm gone....old school back blasting and blunts lit up before I'm even out the parking lot
Some places would let you go because you don't fit the work "culture". Shit happened to me when I was the top seller and worker. I just never ate lunch with or cracked corny jokes. Had to adjust in future positions unfortunately .

Ok.. not that bad you say? The FDA was bringing charges against GD Searle over Aspartame back in the 70's. The then president of GD Searle, Donald Rumsfeld, was later appointed to Ronald Regan's transition team when he won the election and he installed people at the FDA that would push an approval for Aspartame through.

Plus, they ALL cause me pain in my kidneys. I get lethargic and, sucralose in particular, fucks up my stomach.

I made a pit stop at the ER one morning on my way to work because I was having some serious throbbing pain in my kidneys. Doc ran some tests and said I had no infections or anything and my kidneys were functioning normally. She asked some more questions then asked what I drank that morning ans when I told her she said to stop drinking anything with those artificial sweeteners in it because that's likely the source of the problem. She said that that shit was never properly tested on humans.

That Searle shit is shady af. Just read into this, good ass drop b. Gonna do more homework on this. I been drinking a lot of sugar free shit

That Searle shit is shady af. Just read into this, good ass drop b. Gonna do more homework on this. I been drinking a lot of sugar free shit

your body will thank you. Go back to sugar and just consume less.

Def feel you on the kidney pain i used to drink like 2 or 3 red bulls a day. That shit used to have my kidneys on other shit.

They snitch for no reason other than to snitch. We have meetings and they'll just snitch about some random shit nobody was even talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaSnake
tumblr_m1yn5nHn1X1qc2fi0o1_500.gif

Get used to seeing the white person courtesy smile

View attachment 60133
Idk if its cuz i hit my 30s or some shit but i been noticing i started doing this bullshit knowing i look stupid...still cant help it
Annoying repetitive ass small talk

“Is it Friday yet?”

“How it’s going Bill?” “Oh just living the dream!”
Lmaooo these and "Another day in paradise" need to be taken out back and shot

Reactions: Rubato
When I lived in Minnesota i worked with all wypipo. I was the only minority in the whole company.

3rd day ever working there I made a mistake on an order. The seemingly pleasant lady that hired me began yelling and screaming at me over this incorrect order.

I didn't yell back. I calmly explained to her that the job only paid 14/hr and if she ever yells at me again I will quit the job and wait for her outside.

She told the boss that I threatened her and he pulled me in the office and apologized for her behaviour.

I stayed there for 4 months and gave them my 2 hours notice the day before I moved back to Chicago.

Some places would let you go because you don't fit the work "culture". Shit happened to me when I was the top seller and worker. I just never ate lunch with or cracked corny jokes. Had to adjust in future positions unfortunately .

I can see that coming to be real....we got a whole social committee now lol

Every other Friday they got some party in the training room, equipped with email invitations and rsvp's and guess who's at the barber shop err time?