Welcome To aBlackWeb

Women lists places you shouldn’t take them for a first date

Idk man. I had lots of success with coffee as a first date.

It just goes to show the internet isnt real. When posting on the internet usually people lose all context and filter. So real people be giving extreme responses without realizing. All cause the internet isnt real.

If you pull up on a girl and talk to her and she is interested, she gon be ok with grabbing a coffee.

I do agree some of them date spots is disrespectful though. Lmaooo

Last edited:
Idk man. I had lots of success with coffee as a first date.

It just goes to show the internet isnt real. When posting on the internet usually people lose all context and filter. So real people be giving extreme responses without realizing. All cause internet isnt real.

If you pull up on a girl and talk to her and she is interested, she gon be ok with grabbing a coffee.

I do agree some of them date spots is disrespectful though. Lmaooo

Thank you lol I swear like 60% of social media trends are obvious jokes

It’s not fun. I’ll be 40 next year and there aren’t any prospects out there for me. I don’t ask for much but I would hope to find a woman over 30 with no kids. Yea yea I know lol
Aye man, you might have to change your ask to a lady over 30 without a crazy baby daddy

cold game

was talkin to this young lady who had a dude who'd be takin her out to eat but never hit

1 time I was w/ her when he called to take her out

so we went to the restaurant but I sat at the bar havin drinks

afterwards went back to her place, ate the food he bought & fucked all nite

kinda felt bad for dude but not really

:hahaha:
Sheesh.

Bring back the scumbag thread.

Redact all posts made posters whose name start with AZTG though

No offense but you’ve been married like 10 years bro. To me it’s very possible as a person in the mid thirties to find somebody to be with. I get social media makes us think everything is worse than it is. You can meet regular normal women who like normal things. You avoid gold diggers and damaged women. I’m not going with the narrative that assumes dating is the worst thing ever. For every dysfunctional person it’s 20 regular people having fun dating. I’ve seen it lol

I get where you're coming from and I agree that social media/youtube has tricked people into believing that the extreme views are more common than they actually are. That said, crazy people are more common than you're implying. I've been married 13 years, so I don't really have direct experience with this BS, but I do have homeboys and family members still on the market. They do encounter people with these extreme mindsets in real life, and pretty regularly too. These people aren't unicorns, and the more crazy content is pushed, the more people will adopt the crazy mindsets.

I respectfully disagree

Let me say I get your overall point but this isn't the result of self care. Self care is simply that. You spend so much time taking care of others, making accommodations for them that you forget about yourself.

Niggas will pay for their lady to get their nails done, which isn't wrong at all but they don't get their own shit done and walking around with long pinky nails, fucked up cuticles and feet looking like Myra from Martin.

Self care has taught people to place a priority on themselves and don't get so caught up in other people that you neglect yourself

You're not wrong, but I think the problem is that most people are selfish. Your average person on the dating market probably isn't living a life where they are being so selfless that they are hurting themselves. I believe what @Dwayne was saying is that you have people who are twisting things and acting like any prioritization of another's needs over your own is bad and shouldn't be done.

I get where you're coming from and I agree that social media/youtube has tricked people into believing that the extreme views are more common than they actually are. That said, crazy people are more common than you're implying. I've been married 13 years, so I don't really have direct experience with this BS, but I do have homeboys and family members still on the market. They do encounter people with these extreme mindsets in real life, and pretty regularly too. These people aren't unicorns, and the more crazy content is pushed, the more people will adopt the crazy mindsets.

You're not wrong, but I think the problem is that most people are selfish. Your average person on the dating market probably isn't living a life where they are being so selfless that they are hurting themselves. I believe what @Dwayne was saying is that you have people who are twisting things and acting like any prioritization of another's needs over your own is bad and shouldn't be done.

I do think maybe crazy people are more open with it. Used to be a woman getting beat on was super hush hush. Now I see girls saying they man would knock they head between the dryer after an argument and think it’s cool.

I do think maybe crazy people are more open with it. Used to be a woman getting beat on was super hush hush. Now I see girls saying they man would knock they head between the dryer after an argument and think it’s cool.

lol Damn, I ain't talking about that type of crazy. I just mean the extreme takes like "There are no more good black men" or "All black women are ratchet." There are more and more people actually walking around believe shit like that is true. Even when you hit them with stats and facts, they don't believe reality.

Fair

I guess my point was more how people tend to misuse words. Not Dwayne, but if a person is going around claiming this behavior under the guise of self care then that's a total misrepresentation of how that term came to be.

A woman told me that a lot of these chicks only eat like these viral clips when it's on someone else's dime and that sucks cause yes, you are an user. The only time they go to nobu is if a nigga fronting the tab.

I skimmed the video disanthrope posted but near the end, she says the same thing. Basically women need to get their money up if they can't have these experiences by themselves first and foremost

Fair

I guess my point was more how people tend to misuse words. Not Dwayne, but if a person is going around claiming this behavior under the guise of self care then that's a total misrepresentation of how that term came to be.

A woman told me that a lot of these chicks only eat like these viral clips when it's on someone else's dime and that sucks cause yes, you are an user. The only time they go to nobu is if a nigga fronting the tab.

I skimmed the video disanthrope posted but near the end, she says the same thing. Basically women need to get their money up if they can't have these experiences by themselves first and foremost

Yeah, but I also think that raises another issue - the glamorization of frivolously expensive shit. Your point about some women needing to get their money up so they don't have to rely on a man to experience those things is fair. But why should going to a restaurant that's $100-$200 a plate even be a goal? Since when was that some kind of standard to strive towards? A lot of people go their whole lives without ever setting foot in a restaurant like that, and it doesn't make their lives any less fulfilling. This mindset that you have to experience wealthy shit to be fulfilled is poisonous.

Yeah, but I also think that raises another issue - the glamorization of frivolously expensive shit. Your point about some women needing to get their money up so they don't have to rely on a man to experience those things is fair. But why should going to a restaurant that's $100-$200 a plate even be a goal? Since when was that some kind of standard to strive towards? A lot of people go their whole lives without ever setting foot in a restaurant like that, and it doesn't make their lives any less fulfilling. This mindset that you have to experience wealthy shit to be fulfilled is poisonous.

Because in the era of Social Media, the need to show off as if you're "living your best life" is more important than anything and because someone else on InstaTwitTokBook posted up how they were at an expensive restaurant, everyone else feels as if their life sucks because they ain't doing it too.

I don't disagree with a single thing in here

However, I do recognize there are people in our society who just have a knack for certain things or maybe a certain level of appreciation, especially once you become more versed in something which in a vacuum isn't a bad thing.

For instance, I'll never argue about how much something costs as it relates to sound quality with a person in the music industry or just someone that does music period. They have an ear for shit that mine just isn't trained to catch so if they are out spending more money on over the ear headphones for that reason, I'm not gonna tell them they're stupid.

To bring it full circle, there are people who are really into culinary shit, decor, etc and how all those things get welded together to create a great dining experience. There are people who go to chef tastings regularly so they can train their pallets to taste the many combinations of flavors.

The problem as I see it is, a lot of these women have no fuckin clue about any of this shit but because it's spread all over social media, they develop an expectation to have access to these things simply because they are a woman.

However, I do recognize there are people in our society who just have a knack for certain things or maybe a certain level of appreciation, especially once you become more versed in something which in a vacuum isn't a bad thing.

For instance, I'll never argue about how much something costs as it relates to sound quality with a person in the music industry or just someone that does music period. They have an ear for shit that mine just isn't trained to catch so if they are out spending more money on over the ear headphones for that reason, I'm not gonna tell them they're stupid.

To bring it full circle, there are people who are really into culinary shit, decor, etc and how all those things get welded together to create a great dining experience. There are people who go to chef tastings regularly so they can train their pallets to taste the many combinations of flavors.

The problem as I see it is, a lot of these women have no fuckin clue about any of this shit but because it's spread all over social media, they develop an expectation to have access to these things simply because they are a woman.

It's all about social media bragging rights. They just wanna say they were there, posting pics of their food (without their date in the pic), and talk about how great it was to be there, blah, blah, blah.

Facts. If you're a steak connoisseur, I'm not going to fault you for wanting to get Ruths Chris or Mortons over Outback or Longhorn every now and then. That's not a problem. The problem comes when an IHOP steak is good enough to please your palate but you believe you have to be able to eat at Wolfgang's or you're a failure in life. lol

Facts. If you're a steak connoisseur, I'm not going to fault you for wanting to get Ruths Chris or Mortons over Outback or Longhorn every now and then. That's not a problem. The problem comes when an IHOP steak is good enough to please your palate but you believe you have to be able to eat at Wolfgang's or you're a failure in life. lol
Agreed🫱🏿‍🫲🏾

Right, especially that last bit: If you're not doing X, then you're a failure in life.

That's a huge issue today. Got kids thinking that if they're not making six figures, living in a condo overlooking the ocean and driving a German whip at 20 then they're a failure.

Back