Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty (CANCELED After 2 Seasons)

Great episode. Loved seeing the Bird backstory. Dude dropped 60 in jeans and steel toes, lol. He had that dawg in him for real!

I Don’t think Buss should have did what he did between Magic and Norm. They both grown ass men and teammates they should either talked it out or box it out on their own it was no reason to get buss involved. You can tell Norm felt some type of way during that whole sit down he wanted to punch Magic so bad. Magic looked like a little kid hiding behind his daddy or a big brother that was some hoe shit to me don’t care if he is the star player. You grown handle your own beef.

Last edited:
They really showing Norm as a hating ass in this show. That episode when he finally gets traded to the Clippers of all teams (technically, Norm said he loved LA, and that way he gets to stay there.....just for the league's WORST team) is gonna be some fucked-up shit to watch.

It's coming.

I just want them to do the 1983 Sixers Fo' Fi' Fo' run right. They should be showing Moses dunking all over Kareem that episode.

That was Isaiah Thomas magic seen on tv in ep 2 right? Mannn there is so much potential for this series. Definitely seeing MJ by the end of the season
I don't think so. This season started with Game 1 of the 1984 Finals, with Magic and Bird FINALLY meeting for the title. I think S2 will end with the Cs beating the Lakers in '84. While S3 will pick up from there, and show '85 (revenge) thru '87, possibly '88. Will get much more from the Bad Boys in S3.

If Jordan is to make an appearence in this series, he might not show up till much later, like a S4.

I Don’t think Buss should have did what he did between Magic and Norm. They both grown ass men and teammates they should either talked it out or box it out on their own it was no reason to get buss involved. You can tell Norm felt some type of way during that whole sit down he wanted to punch Magic so bad. Magic looked like a little kid hiding behind his daddy or a big brother that was some hoe shit to me don’t care if he is the star player. You grown handle your own beef.
That was a pure power move. Watch Magic look Norm in his eyes as Buss was laying the shit down. He wanted Norm to know who was REALLY in charge.

Seeing Pat Riley slowly become the Godfather was beautiful especially when he started slicking his hair back and when he got his first Giorgio Armani suit. And I don’t know who funnier Norm Nixon being a certified hater or Jerry West being so angry all the time. West really got PSTD from all the shit he went through as a player and a coach.

lol at bum Westhead after getting fired "Hey Pat, you saw this coming didnt you? Why didnt you stop me"
camro-really.gif

And now the dynasty starts.

I supposed the next episode will start with them beating Philly. Ity better show the revenge in '83. I wanna see Moses giving out WORK.

So they slow cooked up the westhead firiing, now they're fast forward to getting beat by Dr J and them boys. Then it'll probably be another off-season of questioning themselves

Lol/smh at how it showed all the players backbiting each other to Riley. I bet that same shit still happens today many locker rooms

Back