Welcome To aBlackWeb

Willow Smith Claims She and her Brother Jaden gets Shunned by the Black American Community

Like I said. Not much room for out of the box in mainstream blackness.
I think it'll change in the future generations.

Ok, well what is the box then. Kendrick, Cole, Drake, the Migos...those are all very different people and they all have big followings in the black community. As different as they all may be, there are aspects of each that are relatable widely throughout the black community. The Smith kids were born rich, raised by eccentric parents, and, from what I've seen, made a point of bucking against what is considered normal by many in the black community. In a lot of ways, they simply aren't relatable to most people in the black community. I just don't think this is a matter of blacks rejecting people that are different. It's just two weirdos that seem to have a problem that a lot of people of their race don't understand or rock with them.

Ok, well what is the box then. Kendrick, Cole, Drake, the Migos...those are all very different people and they all have big followings in the black community. As different as they all may be, there are aspects of each that are relatable widely throughout the black community. The Smith kids were born rich, raised by eccentric parents, and, from what I've seen, made a point of bucking against what is considered normal by many in the black community. In a lot of ways, they simply aren't relatable to most people in the black community. I just don't think this is a matter of blacks rejecting people that are different. It's just two weirdos that seem to have a problem that a lot of people of their race don't understand or rock with them.
All those people you named are very inside the box.
I for one can appreciate things that don't particularly relate to. I'm sure you can too. Never sold a drug in my life but I can still fuck with drug dealer raps.

It all comes down to what we make cool and what we say isn't.

I didn't read the context of what she did it what question was asked, but I don't think she's losing sleep over it.
But it doesn't make it not true.

All those people you named are very inside the box.
I for one can appreciate things that don't particularly relate to. I'm sure you can too. Never sold a drug in my life but I can still fuck with drug dealer raps.

It all comes down to what we make cool and what we say isn't.

I didn't read the context of what she did it what question was asked, but I don't think she's losing sleep over it.
But it doesn't make it not true.

Like I said, I guess it depends on how you define the box. To me there is a big difference between the Migos and Cole or maybe somebody like Lupe Fiasco and the Migos. Those aren't exactly dude that would be hanging out together.

And yeah, I get your point about liking things that you can't relate to, but I do feel there is a limit. Like you never sold drugs in your life, but you probably understand what could drive someone to do that. You probably understand what that life might be like. I look at Jaden and just don't understand that dude. Nothing about him resonates with me. It's not some conscious effort I'm making not to like him. He just doesn't appeal to me in a person in any way. If most people in the black community feel that way, whose fault is it. It's not like its some coordinated effort to alienate the Smith kids.

Like I said, I guess it depends on how you define the box. To me there is a big difference between the Migos and Cole or maybe somebody like Lupe Fiasco and the Migos. Those aren't exactly dude that would be hanging out together.

And yeah, I get your point about liking things that you can't relate to, but I do feel there is a limit. Like you never sold drugs in your life, but you probably understand what could drive someone to do that. You probably understand what that life might be like. I look at Jaden and just don't understand that dude. Nothing about him resonates with me. It's not some conscious effort I'm making not to like him. He just doesn't appeal to me in a person in any way. If most people in the black community feel that way, whose fault is it. It's not like its some coordinated effort to alienate the Smith kids.
How old are you?

Do the children of wealthy black people ever get embraced, though? I feel like from their inception, they weren't really embraced, simply because they couldn't relate to a lot of things growing up.

It seems pretty much like an issue I did noted among Diasporic black Africans from U.S.A. , Canada and Western Europe. Especially when the chìldren have either eccentric parents, interracial parents or acts weird themselves.

Mainland Africans don't make a lot of fuss about children of wealthy celebrities who tries to make a name of their own, as much than they does not push too far outside of the status quo posed by your parents's generation or your own generation's box.

I can relate with people whose lives haven't necessarily been defined by such hardships (but I'm not an American neither) , yet I cannot relate neither eith the Smiths.

However, I can appreciate an unreliable artist's music or art form without attemoting to relate with him or her for either. Jayden's music has improved lately, but still it just doesn't ring with me. Besides, his thug wannabe phase back to a couple of years ago pissed me off: he's born and raised at Malibu, lol. It just seemed all glib to me.

Eh, there’s plenty of black people that fuck with that weirdness they do. They all young for the most part tho. Once they out grow you or just get used to that fuckery you better have actual talent to back that up which they don’t.

They're wrong

They're shunned by people who have not lived the experiences they have and that's even a stretch

Jaden was just saying how him and Danny glover not cool anymore over something stupid basically. Both of them despite their upbringings are on the same level when it comes to access to shit and they had a falling out. I don't think think whatever they're feeling has anything to do with black people at all

It seems pretty much like an issue I did noted among Diasporic black Africans from U.S.A. , Canada and Western Europe. Especially when the chìldren have either eccentric parents, interracial parents or acts weird themselves.

Mainland Africans don't make a lot of fuss about children of wealthy celebrities who tries to make a name of their own, as much than they does not push too far outside of the status quo posed by your parents's generation or your own generation's box.

On an another note... we got M.J. kids whose very part Black-ness are consistently shunned and policed by black folks over the sole reason they are born so light-skinned they can pass for white and who comprises a skinny young hippie lady who used to get a identity crisis in her adolescence to the point of even dating a skinhead, a cooking chef and the snow-bending white chick from Narnia's secret son who suffers vitiligo too but everyone keep saying he's a lab rat.

We got Magic Johnson's son... who think being Magic's daughter.

We got Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union's son who wants to be a girl.

Damn, Blue Ivy is just five years old and black folks does already hates her guts since she's three... because she appears as arrogant and snub AF.

:Pathetic:

Eh, there’s plenty of black people that fuck with that weirdness they do. They all young for the most part tho. Once they out grow you or just get used to that fuckery you better have actual talent to back that up which they don’t.

'After Earth' was pretty good, though. Whom to Jayden's music, it's still not the type I am likening about but he decently honed his talent lately. Y'all are just still mad after the 'Karate Kid' reboot.

Willow, however, I don't know. Never watched any of her TV show apparitions to judge about. She just seems like an another of those eccentric, bougee, off-mesh runaway models-- which is not something I'm complaining about neither.

They're wrong

They're shunned by people who have not lived the experiences they have and that's even a stretch

Jaden was just saying how him and Danny glover not cool anymore over something stupid basically. Both of them despite their upbringings are on the same level when it comes to access to shit and they had a falling out. I don't think think whatever they're feeling has anything to do with black people at all

Donald Glover has become quite relevant to the black youth, though.

He literally went from the skinny Japanese-loving Otaku no hood folk like to talk to an another famed black philanderer shamed by women on Black Twitter for preferably dating white, Asian and Blasian women. Like Michael B. Jordan.

Back