Welcome To aBlackWeb

Willow Smith Claims She and her Brother Jaden gets Shunned by the Black American Community

jada had one job.

but she rather prey on a mentally broken drug addict to feel important while missing tupac.

smdh

A drug addict who used to be Jaden's childhood friend.

Do you realize she knew August since he was a kid?? If the roles has been reversed, you would already seen the man's name getting metoo-ed for statuory rape and being a quasi-pedophiliac creep for lusting over a younger, less mature woman on her late teens/early twenties. Drake is just 31 years old and Twitter keep lashing on him whenever he dates ten-to-twelve-years younger women since he's 30! Hell, I get myself berated by my sister once for sometimes indulding in 18-19 years old women woo-ing after me (and even lowkey harassing me sexually) in spite being 25 at the time!

The hypocrisy of our generation.

:huh2:

Last edited:
They are. Unfortunately there isn't much room for outside the box when you're black.

Let the youth be weird.

I don't think that's true. There are a lot of black weirdos out there that just do their own thing. I went to mostly black schools my whole life. There were nerd cliques and weirdo cliques there like anywhere else. They had their groups and were satisfied. They weren't looking for the popular kids to embrace them. The Smith kids are just weirdos that feel like the black community at large should love them. It doesn't work like that. Go find the black weirdos like yourselves and be friends with them.

I don't think that's true. There are a lot of black weirdos out there that just do their own thing. I went to mostly black schools my whole life. There were nerd cliques and weirdo cliques there like anywhere else. They had their groups and were satisfied. They weren't looking for the popular kids to embrace them. The Smith kids are just weirdos that feel like the black community at large should love them. It doesn't work like that. Go find the black weirdos like yourselves and be friends with them.
You are literally restating what I just said.
By saying stay in you weird lane and don't bother us, is shunning.
They shouldnt have to stay segregated. Why can't the be weird and still be the homie?

They are. Unfortunately there isn't much room for outside the box when you're black.

Let the youth be weird.

I agreed. Whether you're an African immigrant, a West Indian or an African American, I've seen how black folks can be very mean toward anyone who act out outside of the box. Especially among reclusive immigrant communities and ghettos. You are only allowed to act out but once what used to be weird for your grandparents became the norm for your parents and the cycle goes on.

BUT... the Smiths are quite an exception. They weren't just acting out. They did some arguably weird crap no one besides weird white folks and young black/POC folks in denial praises them about.

Still, not a reason for bullying.

You are literally restating what I just said.
By saying stay in you weird lane and don't bother us, is shunning.
They shouldnt have to stay segregated. Why can't the be weird and still be the homie?

But I'm not saying stay in your lane, at least not the way you're implying. I'm saying relate with and befriend the people who understand and want to be friends with you. That's not just advice for weirdos. That applies to anyone. There's no one in the black community that will be universally like by everyone else in the black community. Everyone typically falls into one group or another. It's just that most accept being in the group that fits them, while the Smith kids somehow seem to believe that they are entitled to universal love from blacks in general.

Which perhaps made sense within a schooling environment, but not abroad.

I understand what you meant... but on the other side, I do find than encouraging such infantilizing forms of tribal groupthink is socially unhealthy for the whole community. No wonder why black dating/playing coaches complains about how so many black women acts out as if they're still playing in high school around men! ??

Still, not a reason neither for them to shove their eccentricism as something youbshould either ride or die for it. Prince and M.J. used to be the weirdos too back to the late 1970s-1980s: two young effeminate black bachelors at a time where Blaxpoitation films and Black Panthers were still a fresh within the collective memory?? There has people who didn't fancied it at all and still doesn't, yet they winded up getting liked anyway because they were just living it up on what they does.

But I'm not saying stay in your lane, at least not the way you're implying. I'm saying relate with and befriend the people who understand and want to be friends with you. That's not just advice for weirdos. That applies to anyone. There's no one in the black community that will be universally like by everyone else in the black community. Everyone typically falls into one group or another. It's just that most accept being in the group that fits them, while the Smith kids somehow seem to believe that they are entitled to universal love from blacks in general.
I agree, people shouldn't worry so much about what others think or seek approval. Do you and what will come will come.

But
It does feel like they are purposely excluded because their behavior isn't whats deemed as normal.
Look at Tyler the Creator for example. He is one of the biggest black artists with one of the biggest black owned clothing line. But, he is never mentioned with black excellence.

I agree, people shouldn't worry so much about what others think or seek approval. Do you and what will come will come.

But
It does feel like they are purposely excluded because their behavior isn't whats deemed as normal.
Look at Tyler the Creator for example. He is one of the biggest black artists with one of the biggest black owned clothing line. But, he is never mentioned with black excellence.

He has a clothing line?

I agreed. Whether you're an African immigrant, a West Indian or an African American, I've seen how black folks can be very mean toward anyone who act out outside of the box. Especially among reclusive immigrant communities and ghettos. You are only allowed to act out but once what used to be weird for your grandparents became the norm for your parents and the cycle goes on.

BUT... the Smiths are quite an exception. They weren't just acting out. They did some arguably weird crap no one besides weird white folks and young black/POC folks in denial praises them about.

Still, not a reason for bullying.
Yeah. They are wired for sure. Doesn't mean Jayden shouldnt be at the hip-hop awards. Or mentioned when it come to black exceptionalism.
The young man has his own water company damn it.

Which perhaps made sense within a schooling environment, but not abroad.

I understand what you meant... but on the other side, I do find than encouraging such infantilizing forms of tribal groupthink is socially unhealthy for the whole community. No wonder why black dating/playing coaches complains about how so many black women acts out as if they're still playing in high school around men! ??

Still, not a reason neither for them to shove their eccentricism as something youbshould either ride or die for it. Prince and M.J. used to be the weirdos too back to the late 1970s-1980s: two young effeminate black bachelors at a time where Blaxpoitation films and Black Panthers were still a fresh within the collective memory?? There has people who didn't fancied it at all and still doesn't, yet they winded up getting liked anyway because they were just living it up on what they does.

I don't think it's really a matter of tribal groupthink though. You as a person get to choose who you want to hang around and be cool with. Others get to do the same. That doesn't just end in high school. That's the case throughout your entire life. Nobody is entitled to be liked by anyone else. If Willow and Jaden have personalities that the majority of black people can't get with, that's nobody's fault. It just is what it is. They shouldn't be bashed for being themselves, but everybody else in the black community shouldn't be based for not fucking with them like that.

But

Tyler does have a following though right. I mean I don't know. He's a black musician. His music is wack and he, as a person, is corny. I don't have anything against him, but there is nothing about him in particular that I feel the need to support or embrace. Now that's just my opinion, but if a lot of other black people feel the same way, who is to blame? No one. Everybody just has their own tastes, and some people fit more tastes than others.

Tyler does have a following though right. I mean I don't know. He's a black musician. His music is wack and he, as a person, is corny. I don't have anything against him, but there is nothing about him in particular that I feel the need to support or embrace. Now that's just my opinion, but if a lot of other black people feel the same way, who is to blame? No one. Everybody just has their own tastes, and some people fit more tastes than others.
Like I said. Not much room for out of the box in mainstream blackness.
I think it'll change in the future generations.

I don't think it's really a matter of tribal groupthink though. You as a person get to choose who you want to hang around and be cool with. Others get to do the same. That doesn't just end in high school. That's the case throughout your entire life. Nobody is entitled to be liked by anyone else. If Willow and Jaden have personalities that the majority of black people can't get with, that's nobody's fault. It just is what it is. They shouldn't be bashed for being themselves, but everybody else in the black community shouldn't be based for not fucking with them like that.

Besides one song he did made who was fresh - 'EARTQUXQUE' I think - I can't stand him.

Back