Welcome To aBlackWeb

Will Smith’s Casting as Venus and Serena Williams’ Father Sparks Colorism Backlash

This is a non issue

He's black and Serena and Venus' dad is black

Will isn't that light skinned anyway.He's like in the middle.

this

niggas today act like anything past jet black aint representing black

both my parents darker then me, shit just turns out like it does

Tiffany haddish and Issa Rae to play the Williams sisters

this idea was goat for two seconds......maybe Issa for Venus

i think we're really focusing on the wrong role here....the more I think about it its hard AF to cast a Serena

we can go ahead and be prepared for discrepancies there.....unless they go get some actor/body builder chick

I hope they just skip over the catsuit issue if its some skinny chick lol

this

niggas today act like anything past jet black aint representing black

both my parents darker then me, shit just turns out like it does

this idea was goat for two seconds......maybe Issa for Venus

i think we're really focusing on the wrong role here....the more I think about it its hard AF to cast a Serena

we can go ahead and be prepared for discrepancies there.....unless they go get some actor/body builder chick

I hope they just skip over the catsuit issue if its some skinny chick lol

They'll probably find some up in coming college athlete chick with a similar build or some actress who can act might have to bulk up on these niggas.

But no Tiffany Haddish shouldn't be in this.They need serious actors for those parts.

Nah man. Richard was a dark man with a dark wife and dark daughters. He and his daughters both spoke of times where them being dark skinned black girls when their features have impacted them. Just like that zoe saldana as nina simone fuckery, their skin tone unfortunately plays a part in who they are.

Nah man. Richard was a dark man with a dark wife and dark daughters. He and his daughters both spoke of times where them being dark skinned black girls when their features have impacted them. Just like that zoe saldana as nina simone fuckery, their skin tone unfortunately plays a part in who they are.

100% cs

They gon get tessa thompson and ruth negga or some shit to play venus and serena lol

In all seriousness...

Clifton Powell as the pops

Vanessa from Bernie Mac & Issa Rae as Venus & Serena

Cliftin Powell got that rape accusation over him. So he's out.

How about Jackie Chan?

ok, put that in the written autobiography

Film works different and almost always has to stray a little bit to make shit work. They're obligation is to make a good movie, that in turn makes money

We could have all kinda 4 hour films that told the complete truth and all the cast members matched their roles. They'd never get a profit out of that lol

trust me, im fully aware of this color plight....I just cant expect every director or writer that makes a black film to be solely focused on that

ok, put that in the written autobiography

Film works different and almost always has to stray a little bit to make shit work. They're obligation is to make a good movie, that in turn makes money

We could have all kinda 4 hour films that told the complete truth and all the cast members matched their roles. They'd never get a profit out of that lol

trust me, im fully aware of this color plight....I just cant expect every director or writer that makes a black film to be solely focused on that

Nah King come on not the 'the movie needs to make money' line

Back