Welcome To aBlackWeb

Will Smith’s Casting as Venus and Serena Williams’ Father Sparks Colorism Backlash

Black ppl mad about black ppl from Europe getting movie roles

Black ppl mad about a black man playing a darker black man.

Will Smith acting >>>>>> whoever else they was going to get

Aint like they getting a white man. Will Smith is a black man

Actually I haven't heard any uproar about the bolded. We don't care where. Hell Sam Jack was the main one who was in an uproar about that. A lot black folks felt that shyt was stupid on his end

C'mon man. I mean I know they casted him b/c he'll deliver on the acting side...but c'mon man.

Samuel L Jackson wasn't available? Or anyone similar lookin to Richard Williams?

I don't even wanna know who they gonna cast to play Venus and Serena. Lol

Kendall and Kylie

Star power bruh

bennet-omalu.jpg

LOL

F
Sooooo....
Why did Zoe Saldana get killed? Was it the brown makeup?

1. Because of her "acting skills
2. The fake nose they had
3. They picked a light skinned black latina to play the role of a dark skin woman whose entire thing was talking about how her life was more difficult because she was a dark skin black woman who wasn't "traditionally" beautiful
4. The story itself was full of a bunch of fabricated shit

With that said...folks lunched out in the 90's when Denzel got cast as Malcom X because they said his skin tone wasn't right...and then we got Malcom X. I say that to say wait til the actual movie comes out before shitting on the casting choice.

This most I ve ever heard y’all talk bout Richard although he is the definition of black excellence

Actually I haven't heard any uproar about the bolded. We don't care where. Hell Sam Jack was the main one who was in an uproar about that. A lot black folks felt that shyt was stupid on his end

It’s a discussion on here about it and ppl was complaining

Bad casting. I like actors to look like the people they portray. Word to All Eyez on Me

C'mon man. I mean I know they casted him b/c he'll deliver on the acting side...but c'mon man.

Samuel L Jackson wasn't available? Or anyone similar lookin to Richard Williams?

I don't even wanna know who they gonna cast to play Venus and Serena. Lol

Tia and Tamara

:hahaha:

Back