Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Why Sam Raimi's Spider Man Trilogy is butt

I think the Spiderman we have now has the potential to be the Spiderman we deserve. The universe they've put him in, and the opportunity for growth and character development is unmatched by the other 2 series.

That being said Sams Raimi's Spiderman is the OG...I wouldn't say it's better but it laid the blueprint. Kinda like the classic Batmans laid the blueprint for the Dark Knight series. I don't think it's fair to judge movies from a decade+ ago with the same standard you judge the current ones.

this wsa wayyyyy more nitpicky than i was prepared for
1osu10.gif

Lol @ niggas tryna say them Schumacher Batman movies weren't trash.

The first two Spiderman movies were dope but I've always thought the first X Men was weak and its definitely weak in comparison to the shit released these days

Tom Holland >>>>Andrew>>>>tobey

I agree with this 100%

I feel Toby was really good as Peter Parker but not good as Spiderman. I actually think Topher Grace would've been better playing both Peter and Spiderman because he is good at playing the meek character of Parker while playing the self assured smart ass of Spiderman.

Garfield was good as Spiderman because he had the cockiness down, but he never changed when he was Peter which isn't how in most of the comics the character was written.

Holland plays both characters perfect. As Peter he is a socially awkward nerd. Spiderman he is a fast talking self assured cornball. The writing and his acting portray the duality of the character perfect. The best part is we haven't even seen how they will write him actually having to juggling even more of his personal and superhero persona.

I agree with this 100%

I feel Toby was really good as Peter Parker but not good as Spiderman. I actually think Topher Grace would've been better playing both Peter and Spiderman because he is good at playing the meek character of Parker while playing the self assured smart ass of Spiderman.

Garfield was good as Spiderman because he had the cockiness down, but he never changed when he was Peter which isn't how in most of the comics the character was written.

Holland plays both characters perfect. As Peter he is a socially awkward nerd. Spiderman he is a fast talking self assured cornball. The writing and his acting portray the duality of the character perfect. The best part is we haven't even seen how they will write him actually having to juggling even more of his personal and superhero persona.
OMG THIS!!!

i said it before and I'll say it again....there are movies that, no matter how many reboots and sequels that come out stand the test of time

Terminator 2 is a PERFECT example of this. There hasnt been a single Terminator film that has come close to what T2 did. Thats with bigger budgets, better cgi than when it dropped, etc... that movie is flawless

I actually saw T2 before i saw the first terminator, and you know what?? The first terminator, to this day, is STILL a fantastic movie.

the sam raimi spider man movies may have laid down some groundwork for future comic films, but those movies as a whole by and large are butt

I hated...HATED the casting of Venom. And the look of Venom.

Sandman was the best casting outta all 3 of the films.

Last edited:
My problem with Tobey was that he never looked young. Nigga looked like a 30 year old sophomore with 5 o clock shadow. I never bought him as Peter Parker.

And Kirsten Dunst was a trash MJ. In the comics MJ was bad af. KD just ain’t.

Will em Defoe bodied his role tho. And the actual Spider-Man action stuff was dope to me.

I’m not gon call the first 2 trash, I still like em because SM always been my favorite hero.

Andrew Garfield was a terrible PP as well. And I didn’t like his suit and the silver eyes.

Holland version easily the best balance. Most believable PP. Best suit. Best villain. And I liked the dynamic they created with him and Tony, although they milked it a bit in Endgame.

Honestly I didn't have a problem wit the Garfield SM.

I still lmao @ the part where he swings in and slams against the wall while MJ was walkin to her interview. Real...tears. Lol

Yea..I am peeping now..and I'm just seeing comic book fans wanting these movies to be EXACTLY LIKE THE COMICS and straight nitpicking!

And they aren't going to be because they are not just for the die hards..

For instance..sooo cuz Sam remi's spiderman shot webs from his wrist and not web cartridges...that's a problem?

I'm in full agreement that spiderman 3 was wack all around. I am glad it's back with marvel but..I have no issue with the first 2 spiderman..

The cinematography
Camera angles
Story
Action
Pacing
Characters being true to their comic book counterparts (again knowing there were adjustments from movie to comic book) as I said that kind of thing is to be expected...

Believability of the character...

For ex: W. Defoe bodied "green goblin"

etc...all of it, I thoug Sam remi and the cast of characters did a great job.

Last edited:
Back