Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Why is being politically correct a bad thing?

I only ever hear white ppl cry about this so my first inclination is to think it's some shit they made up.

I never know what specifically they talkin about either it's always some vague shit.

It's thought control and that, by itself, is harmful.

You're telling people what they can and cannot think and, ultimately, say. Sometimes we gotta hear what's on people's minds whether we like it or not. That's the only way to the truth, and the best way to find a vector to approach the issues a person or group of people has with one another. Tip toe around it and you're not getting to the heart of the problem. Crush people for speaking their minds and they will find an echo chamber where the problems are only amplified. Let them speak, then find a way to educate them if you feel they're out of line.

Eh.

If racism is really a learned behavior(which i dont think it is), then you have to teach people to not think racist thoughts. Thats thought control. But everyone is ok with that. You wont hear anyone complain about thought control if it means getting rid of racism.

The problem is that we all can agree racism is bad. So we all are ok with that form of thought control.

But then when a woman says 1,2, and 3 is a form of oppression to them, we dont all agree. So now telling people to not think and say those things becomes bad and thought control becomes a bad thing.

So all of this always goes down to humans being humans. If shit benefits me, then being PC about that shit is good. Thought control the fuck out of that. If the shit doesnt benefit me, I dont care about it, yall can do whatever. And if the shit is harmful to me in anyway but beneficial to you, then fuck you and fuck political correctness, that shit is wrong and so is thought control.

I dont think PC is bad.

The problem is always the same. People rather tell a person they have nothing to be offended by rather than listen to and understand why the person is offended.

Shit happens all over the place.

Woman gets offended. A man gets mad and tells her there was nothing to be offended by rather than try to understand why she was offended.

A gay person says something is offensive. And the straight person gets mad and say there was nothing to be offended by rather than try to understand.

The list goes on and on and on.

A person says something is offensive to their religion, and the offender explains to the person why its not offensive rather than listen and learn.

To me the worst thing you can tell a person that is offended is the shit was not offensive.

A racist rather tell a person why they werent being racist rather than listen and learn why their actions are racist.

Maybe its the human condition. Idk.

I just know usually the person thats against something being PC is in the wrong.

That's all well and good, but there are cases where you ask for elaboration and you get nothing back other than "because I'm offended". Ok, but why? Explain it so I understand. "Because I am and that's all you need to know".

And this is usually the case, especially when it comes to these new kids that find a reason to be offended at every little thing you say but can't vocalize why it's offensive and how it pertains to them.

I only ever hear white ppl cry about this so my first inclination is to think it's some shit they made up.

I never know what specifically they talkin about either it's always some vague shit.

Usually, saying being PC is wrong is a form of keeping power.

For example, men are like why cant I sniff my coworkers hair at work and tell her it smells good? That shit is a compliment. Being PC is ruining the work place.

Thats because the status quo is changing in the favor of woman and men are not able to be as dominant as they were. This threatens men and so they blame shit being PC and start saying being PC is wrong in an attempt to keep power.

Apply that to white people and it makes sense that they hate PCness the most. They have all the power and the status quo is changing and they not allow to say racist shit just to say it anymore and so they stay complaining about how political correctness is ruining society

That's all well and good, but there are cases where you ask for elaboration and you get nothing back other than "because I'm offended". Ok, but why? Explain it so I understand. "Because I am and that's all you need to know".

And this is usually the case, especially when it comes to these new kids that find a reason to be offended at every little thing you say but can't vocalize why it's offensive and how it pertains to them.

Nah I understand that too. Too many times you try to explain to mfers why they wrong for them to just be like nah you just sensitive.

You an example fam. No offense. But you went back and forth on some topic or another with every poster here, and never changed your mind once.

You not gonna change your mind about this either.

So at some point, mfers done explained shit to so many people, that if you still asking why shit is offensive you never gonna get it. So mfers get tired of explaining and be like it just is.

Im bout to leave this thread though.

Lmaooo I posted too much in here and not planning to spend my sunday on back and forths.

Independent of everything else, I honestly don’t think you’re giving enough credit to niggas maybe not having the language to accurately describe why they’re feeling what they’re feeling o why their offended.

And I don’t wanna put words in your mouth, it honestly seems like you feel that if niggas can’t verbalize to you why they are offended, then they’re not really offended or that they’re over reacting.

That’s a really dangerous mentality to have.

Nah I understand that too. Too many times you try to explain to mfers why they wrong for them to just be like nah you just sensitive.

You an example fam. No offense. But you went back and forth on some topic or another with every poster here, and never changed your mind once.

You not gonna change your mind about this either.

So at some point, mfers done explained shit to so many people, that if you still asking why shit is offensive you never gonna get it. So mfers get tired of explaining and be like it just is.

I go back and forth because I back up my stance with hard evidence and they back up theirs with little more than emotion and conjecture. I've been rather consistent with this since the IC. Do I need to change my stance when it's backed up by hard evidence supporting it? Or are y'all just unwilling to admit that you just might be wrong, especially when I'm the messenger of that?

To change my mind I need to see that I'm wrong without question. To date I think maybe one person has done that in a way that cannot be argued. Can't remember what it was, but it may have been within the last year or two, but I do remember looking at it like "aiight, well... I'm wrong".

Last edited:
Usually, saying being PC is wrong is a form of keeping power.

For example, men are like why cant I sniff my coworkers hair at work and tell her it smells good? That shit is a compliment. Being PC is ruining the work place.

Thats because the status quo is changing in the favor of woman and men are not able to be as dominant as they were. This threatens men and so they blame shit being PC and start saying being PC is wrong in an attempt to keep power.

Apply that to white people and it makes sense that they hate PCness the most. They have all the power and the status quo is changing and they not allow to say racist shit just to say it anymore and so they stay complaining about how political correctness is ruining society
I know what it is but I only hear it used because somebody wants to be patted on the back for saying wild shit. It gives this energy

ErorZo5XYAYc4FG.jpg

Lol like fam nobody stopping you from saying whatever you wana say or think. But don't confuse being challenged with being restricted.

Independent of everything else, I honestly don’t think you’re giving enough credit to niggas maybe not having the language to accurately describe why they’re feeling what they’re feeling o why their offended.

And I don’t wanna put words in your mouth, it honestly seems like you feel that if niggas can’t verbalize to you why they are offended, then they’re not really offended or that they’re over reacting.

That’s a really dangerous mentality to have.

If you can tell me you're offended, you can tell me why. I don't think that's too much to ask or even slightly unreasonable.

If I tell you I'm offended, best believe I have a reason at the ready. I had a discussion about the word "midget" with a woman who, although she didn't personally take offense to it, explained that others with dwarfism could and why. Good discussion, and although it slips out from time to time (I'm damned near 50, cut me some slack), I make a conscious effort not to use it.

That's what I expect. Saying that someone may not have the language to describe something is a cop out. It can be explained in simple terms and in many cases it's probably best to explain it in simple terms. I once witnessed a kid with Down's Syndrome explain to an old cat why calling his group "retarded kids" when asking their teacher about them was offensive. If he could do it with his own limited vocab, I can't really excuse anyone else's inability to tell me why they're offended.

If you can tell me you're offended, you can tell me why. I don't think that's too much to ask or even slightly unreasonable.

If I tell you I'm offended, best believe I have a reason at the ready. I had a discussion about the word "midget" with a woman who, although she didn't personally take offense to it, explained that others with dwarfism could and why. Good discussion, and although it slips out from time to time (I'm damned near 50, cut me some slack), I make a conscious effort not to use it.

That's what I expect. Saying that someone may not have the language to describe something is a cop out. It can be explained in simple terms and in many cases it's probably best to explain it in simple terms. I once witnessed a kid with Down's Syndrome explain to an old cat why calling his group "retarded kids" when asking their teacher about them was offensive. If he could do it with his own limited vocab, I can't really excuse anyone else's inability to tell me why they're offended.

This entire post is a shining, shimmering, spot on example of the type of arrogance I mentioned in my very first post in this thread.

Double salute.

This entire post is a shining, shimmering, spot on example of the type of arrogance I mentioned in my very first post in this thread.

Double salute.

Am I arrogant for expecting someone to explain something or are they arrogant for believing they don't have to?

One has an overly inflated sense of self importance when they believe they never have to explain anything to anyone. That, fam, is pure arrogance.

Am I arrogant for expecting someone to explain something or are they arrogant for believing they don't have to?

One has an overly inflated sense of self importance when they believe they never have to explain anything to anyone. That, fam, is pure arrogance.

Youre mistaken. You’re not arrogant for expecting a person to explain how they feel. I never said that. That’s not where the arrogance lies.

Im 100% with you on wanting to understand why a person is offended by something. How can you predict what sorts of things will offend a nigga and try to avoid them if they won’t or can’t tell you why that thing offends them? I get it.

You wanna understand the shit.

Nothing wrong with that.

The arrogance comes in when it SEEMS like, if you dont understand it, you don’t see it as valid or the person’s feeling being worthy of consideration or that they’re not really offended.

There’s mad shit that I don’t understand. There’s mad people who are offended by mad shit that I just don’t understand. But...everything ain’t for me to understand. I don’t really feel like me understanding a position is the litmus test or whether or not that position should be taken seriously.

Again, I don’t wanna out words in your mouth. But that’s how it comes off.

Youre mistaken. You’re not arrogant for expecting a person to explain how they feel. I never said that. That’s not where the arrogance lies.

Im 100% with you on wanting to understand why a person is offended by something. How can you predict what sorts of things will offend a nigga and try to avoid them if they won’t or can’t tell you why that thing offends them? I get it.

You wanna understand the shit.

Nothing wrong with that.

The arrogance comes in when it SEEMS like, if you dont understand it, you don’t see it as valid or the person’s feeling being worthy of consideration or that they’re not really offended.

There’s mad shit that I don’t understand. There’s mad people who are offended by mad shit that I just don’t understand. But...everything ain’t for me to understand. I don’t really feel like me understanding a position is the litmus test or whether or not that position should be taken seriously.

Again, I don’t wanna out words in your mouth. But that’s how it comes off.

I never said that. All I'm asking for is a simple explanation that goes beyond "because I am".

Having said that, if you want it to be taken seriously, you should be able to explain why something is offensive to you (even in simplistic terms), otherwise folks are going to look at you skeptically and I think that's a natural reaction to someone being unwilling or unable to explain their position. It's not about MY understanding at all, it's about an unwillingness for someone to explain why something is offensive to them.

I never said that. All I'm asking for is a simple explanation that goes beyond "because I am".

Having said that, if you want it to be taken seriously, you should be able to explain why something is offensive to you (even in simplistic terms), otherwise folks are going to look at you skeptically and I think that's a natural reaction to someone being unwilling or unable to explain their position. It's not about MY understanding at all, it's about an unwillingness for someone to explain why something is offensive to them.

I never said you said that. That's why I said it SEEMS like that.

Then...you went and said that. Lol. The bolded seems to indicate that you don't take a person's concerns seriously if they are unable to explain why they find it offensive.

Let's stop dancing around the 'I didn't say that!' circle. I'm blatantly asking you:

Do you take people's concerns about being offended seriously if they are unable to explain to you why they are offended?

It can be a very bad thing if unchecked. Because reality don't give a fuck about a politically or unpolitically correct.

The truth can often sound offensive and unpolitically correct as fuck . And I definitely could offend many with reality but hey ?‍♂️?

Alot of pc bs be just that, social engineering and programming to keep it for real.

Definitely feel you on this shit. One person may say something that sounds offensive but has a factual basis and another person will just get in their feelings off pure nonsense in their head concerning whatever subject matter. And then just think that their feelings and goofy shit trump your own feelings, intellect, and facts regarding whatever

I never said you said that. That's why I said it SEEMS like that.

Then...you went and said that. Lol. The bolded seems to indicate that you don't take a person's concerns seriously if they are unable to explain why they find it offensive.

Let's stop dancing around the 'I didn't say that!' circle. I'm blatantly asking you:

Do you take people's concerns about being offended seriously if they are unable to explain to you why they are offended?

Bluntly? No, and I expect the same in return. I don't expect anyone to take me seriously if I can't explain to them why I'm offended at something.

The chick with dwarfism basically said "We don't like that term anymore because it was used as a way to describe us in freak shows".

Simple, elegant, straight to the point. That simple sentence was enough of an explanation that we didn't need to engage beyond that, though we did have about a five minute discussion about the topic.

The kid with Down's Syndrome said something to the effect of them having a genetic disability that makes learning hard but they still have feelings like other people (I'm trying to remember all of it, this happened back in '94)

If someone with an intellectual disability can articulate why referring to them as "retarded" is offensive, no one else really has an excuse; at least in my mind anyways.

It's thought control and that, by itself, is harmful.

You're telling people what they can and cannot think and, ultimately, say. Sometimes we gotta hear what's on people's minds whether we like it or not. That's the only way to the truth, and the best way to find a vector to approach the issues a person or group of people has with one another. Tip toe around it and you're not getting to the heart of the problem. Crush people for speaking their minds and they will find an echo chamber where the problems are only amplified. Let them speak, then find a way to educate them if you feel they're out of line.

It's not thought control. It's no more no less that people can't say whatever they want free of consequences. The only way to the truth isn't allowing people to be as offensive and disrespectful as possible.

I know what it is but I only hear it used because somebody wants to be patted on the back for saying wild shit. It gives this energy

ErorZo5XYAYc4FG.jpg

Lol like fam nobody stopping you from saying whatever you wana say or think. But don't confuse being challenged with being restricted.

This is exactly it man they want us discussin' the theory of PC but in practice it's almost always crazy crackas tryna say their shit

Back