Why is being Hotep a bad thing?

That's why hip hop went from Afrocentricity and uplifting the people to weed, guns, crack, and hoes. Same reason Poor Righteous Teachers, KRS ONE, King Sun, Paris, Kam, The Coup, ain't spoken of with reverence except by old heads like myself.

You really think that's true? I don't really think anyone stomped out Afrocentric rap. I think the other stuff just became more marketable. Like say Snoop was more of an Afrocentric rapper, but he still had Dre behind him, you don't think Doggystyle still would have been a hit?

That's why hip hop went from Afrocentricity and uplifting the people to weed, guns, crack, and hoes. Same reason Poor Righteous Teachers, KRS ONE, King Sun, Paris, Kam, The Coup, ain't spoken of with reverence except by old heads like myself.

Hip hop didn't leave any of that behind. it's always existed and always has existed within the culture. You had the Native Tongues movement going at the same time "gangsta rap" was also moving along as well. It's not as mainstream as it once was, but it wasn't replaced by anything. Hip-hop is still a business and what makes more money people will continue to produce. When groups like Public Enemy, KRS, etc were selling tons of records and selling out tours you saw a bunch of groups like that because it made money. If "conscious rap" starts making money again you'll see more resources poured into it for promotion.

Reactions: Race Jones
The act of stigmitizing pro black thought and making a cultural game of mocking pro black ideals is infinitely more damaging and dangerous than anything Umar has said or done.

That is a fact. Not an excuse for his behavior.
Totally agree. Niggas love undermining pro black voices. They love shooting the messenger to avoid recieving the message

My problem with Tariq is he just want to point out what was pointed out by plenty folks before him.

Like it’s on twitter and everybody already posted it and he drops the same information.

I just know differences don’t happen unless you making moves to change and not just speak on something that already know about.

I believe he’s a good dude now.

Reactions: Race Jones
The act of stigmitizing pro black thought and making a cultural game of mocking pro black ideals is infinitely more damaging and dangerous than anything Umar has said or done.

Mocking Umar =/= mocking pro black ideals. Stop with this cult of personality bullshit. None of these videos are making fun of the fact that he believes we should prioritize building and strengthening our own communities.

Umar is a goof who brings the ridicule on himself, however complacent negroes and outright coons use his foolishness against the entire conscious community and use it as an excuse to keep their heads in the sand about white supremacy

Do you really see nothing wrong with his behavior at all? If not, then I don't even see why you would consider these memes considering they are mostly just video clips of Umar being himself.

Thing is who is anti pro black being anti clown. Crazy y’all pretty much saying “it’s not all of us who act like that we are being stereotyped by our own people and now it’s a joke smh black people”

Forgetting y’all be on that bullshit and can’t I can’t give it any respect lol it’s not disrespectful tho