Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why Don't People Read??

I feel you and I fuck with a lot of your posts, but it’s a difference between not being around people who read and people not reading. I have a co worker who is 24 reading Rich Dad Poor Dad. I have another co worker who is always reading books. The dude I just trained is reading microbiology books for his nursing program. Again, it’s one thing for people not to read, another to be around people who don’t read. I haven’t read a book in about 7 months, but a lot of people at my job do since we have a lot of downtime.

Not saying NO black people read of course generalizing a bit, but be for real despite who you may be around personally for your job I don't know what you do for a living. But out of the average black population what percentage would you say read non-fiction books on regular basis? Eliminating the folk reading Zane and all that shit ??

It ain't just blacks. Because I've came across other races that either don't wanna read or swat away whatever knowledge they don't wanna hear.

Sorry to say such, but I've seen this personally. And you want some more harsh truth, it doesn't have to be a book. It can be other types of documents (articles digital or print, pamphlets, manifestos, etc..)

I made sure to say people in general as well but yeah really reading anything in general and really on a greater level logic in general.

You know what the problem is? Youtube..and not in the way you maybe thinking. YouTube put monetization of individual content on the forefront. One person would start with a unique way of doing videos and soon it would become the standard of everyone. There was a baseline of what you can at least expect money wise from the public looking for someone who did the same shit but said it in a different way.

Now alot of books that come out..shit man alot of content that comes out period, are nothing but the same shit told from someone else's vision. You get halfway into a book and already know what the cliff hanger and resolution gonna be even though I could right now tell you stories of shit I dont seen and surprised you with events.

It's just that when everyone is looking for that baseline of expectation of profit. No one wants to tell a unique story. No one wants to make a unique song. Its not about art anymore. It's about being famous and making money.

When you remove the passion and replace it with monetization. What's the point

You know what the problem is? Youtube..and not in the way you maybe thinking. YouTube put monetization of individual content on the forefront. One person would start with a unique way of doing videos and soon it would become the standard of everyone. There was a baseline of what you can at least expect money wise from the public looking for someone who did the same shit but said it in a different way.

Now alot of books that come out..shit man alot of content that comes out period, are nothing but the same shit told from someone else's vision. You get halfway into a book and already know what the cliff hanger and resolution gonna be even though I could right now tell you stories of shit I dont seen and surprised you with events.

It's just that when everyone is looking for that baseline of expectation of profit. No one wants to tell a unique story. No one wants to make a unique song. Its not about art anymore. It's about being famous and making money.

Been like this in every industry since forever. Even music (any genre). Very few actually innovate but when they do, the rest follow.

Been like this in every industry since forever. Even music (any genre). Very few actually innovate but when they do, the rest follow.

True, but the over saturation of redundant content has never been at the level it's been. YouTube showed everyone you can monetize plagiarism and mediocrity at such a rate that even if the vast majority of people who view it know its bullshit not worth indulging. There some semblance of an audience in the billions that take part it in. Why you think people think Twitter is so powerful? Real live legit news organization conduct counter points to stories from random people on twitter.

Twitter is nothing but a youtube comment section with limits on words.

Yeah this may be true for creativity in general, but I was speaking more towards non-fiction which of course can be presented and studied from many different angles depending upon scholar, subject matter etc.

I could be wrong and IDK but it seems to me that people like to collect books to put on their shelves for their collection and never read them but then you got some people who read some books.

I never buy too many books at a time that I know I wouldn't read them all. So, I buy a few books here and there to make sure I read those first before buying more.

True, but the over saturation of redundant content has never been at the level it's been. YouTube showed everyone you can monetize plagiarism and mediocrity at such a rate that even if the vast majority of people who view it know its bullshit not worth indulging. There some semblance of an audience in the billions that take part it in. Why you think people think Twitter is so powerful? Real live legit news organization conduct counter points to stories from random people on twitter.

Twitter is nothing but a youtube comment section with limits on words.
I agree with u it's a double edged sword that I think brings some positives too though.

Almost got into several fights at my bar because I used to read books there.

People are ignorant as fuck and my patience for ignorance in my face is very low. ESPECIALLY when it's targeted towards me.

Almost got into several fights at my bar because I used to read books there.

People are ignorant as fuck and my patience for ignorance in my face is very low. ESPECIALLY when it's targeted towards me.
Da fuck you doing reading books while working security at a bar nigga..

Nut ass freak bull

Back