Welcome To aBlackWeb

Why do we as a society enjoy the negative side of media so much.

Niggas used to die from having a cold and women used to be burned at the stake for not having kids because they thought you were a witch

That doesn’t sound harder than what our predecessors dealt with

Without the Internet ppl were confined to their close knit communities, and word would spread about what they did just the same

But it didn't have the potential to be seen or heard around the planet.

Really its just exposure.

Like whats the point in watching the media in any form and seeing shit I see in my day to day life?

Whereas the negative shit, is shit we dont see in our day to day, so our brains dont react the same to it.

Murder, war, so and so rapper fucking so and sos baby mother aint shit we see out our windows on a daily basis. So we gravitate to it in media

I'm just throwing shit at the wall here but I think it's human nature stemming from always needing to perceive threats to survive.

The problem is it's become easier and easier to exploit that for attention/money/power/political agendas.

Last edited:
Humans are self destructive by nature. We're violent by nature. We are also aware enough to know that we will kill each other eventually.... But started rules and laws n shit like that to delay the process....

But you can tell we still wanna do the shit, cuz it's reflective in movies, sports, hunting, violence in music, and shit all over the news.

Every time we hear about another human being giving into their savage side like we unconsciously wish for... We watch every time......

"10 people brutally murdered over the weekend" 👀👀

"Worldstar fight where niggaz savagely beat each other senseless"👀👀

It's nature b.....

Has negativity in our culture taken over our everyday lives so much so that everything that is "bad" is the go to selling point in social media, cinema, sports and music? As a society it has got to the point that we have been programmed or being programmed to like the negative.

For instance cinema, take a show like Power it has it's own universe basically built around drugs, dealers and killers. The entire series doesn't have one redeeming character on the show's and the one character that was "good" was shot and killed off.

Music: drugs and violence has been the go to form in hip-hop for sometime but now it's got to the point now that a positive artist or song can't even hit the airways. If one does the majority of fans of the music would call the artist soft or the song wack. When a young Cain was coming up I had a NWA but I also had A Tribe Called Quest to balance the two forms of music out.

I think you could also blame the news whether it's local or world news it could be argued that they share a blame in pumping out a bunch of negative shit day in & day out. I'm from Detroit and I rarely watch the local news b/c a large majority focuses on who got shot, who got robbed (and potential suspects), & who got killed in the city. All at 4, 5, 6, 10 & 11pm. Then you have the 6:30 World News: What bs is going on in politics, who got killed, food recall, etc., more negative shit and one little positive news story at the end of the show.

All of this is programmed daily ^^^.

Then you got movies, sports, & music which is all forms of entertainment. Which is supposedly a reflection of the society we live in but music has long removed itself as a reflection of society (that's a different discussion). Movies are subjective as for every violent film there are comedy, romantic, or family film. I think one of biggest problems today is SOCIAL MEDIA. Everybody has to have an opinion on something no matter how smart or dumb they are. If it isn't that then ppl need constant attention on these apps like Tik Tok or IG.

Y’all really think the lives we live now is not easier than any time before as a whole

Yes or no?
Depends.

having more access can be just as bad as not having it.
Just like more money is just as dangerous as less money.

I will say most are slaves to our possessions and lifestyles and most don’t want freedom.

I don't think most people enjoy the negative side of media. I think most people use it as an escape from how fucked their lives really are. It's more of a damn my shit could be worse look at the shit these people dealing with.

Cameras are everywhere. You'd be surprised at the amount of crimes that the police can only solve because of how many people have cameras in and around their homes. Alexa has recorded crimes being committed in peoples homes just cause it's randomly recording shit. Companies like 23 & me have gotten people locked up because their fucking half sibling decided to trace their background.

Depends.

having more access can be just as bad as not having it.
Just like more money is just as dangerous as less money.

I will say most are slaves to our possessions and lifestyles and most don’t want freedom.

Ain’t no depends

Life is easier and you can’t debate it’s not.

Cameras are everywhere. You'd be surprised at the amount of crimes that the police can only solve because of how many people have cameras in and around their homes. Alexa has recorded crimes being committed in peoples homes just cause it's randomly recording shit. Companies like 23 & me have gotten people locked up because their fucking half sibling decided to trace their background.

Ohh he was saying doing crime in general used to be easier

Yea I can agree w that

Some aspects of life are easier and some aren't IMO.

When your mama hoe card can be pulled in front of the your family, neighborhood, school, city, state and world. That shit as a child ain't easier than before when it was a fact that can be disputed cause she can lie about what she did. So it's he say she say. Now that shit is on camera and ain't no lie to tell about it

I got several issues with this video. Namely how WRONG this mf gets it on the specific details of the East Coast/West Coast feud.

But in his grander point of how and why hip hop dethroned rock music as the dominant cultural force worldwide, this goofy whiteboy does make some strong points about how humans are just WIRED to gravitate towards violence and provocative ass shit.

Worth a watch if you got some time.

Last edited:
Back