Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Why Do Some Black People Dislike Dr. Umar?

test
He's technically not wrong but continuing to ask entertainers to also take up political activism rarely ends good. Let Kendrick rap and let the people who actually have control over gentrification be the ones put under the gun
Naw. It’s totally different for folks that built their platform on rising up as black folks.

I'm not as hard on Umar as a few people here but I think this is can be filed under two things can be true

It is not his sole responsibility to fix these issues but his influence does matter and has an impact. I'm not saying he needs to be a political dummy and go out speaking on behalf of politicians but perhaps his voice can echo the frustrations that have been expressed by the everyday man who gets largely ignored
Low hanging fruit there are actual black ppl in positions that can affect things

Go bother them

Compton is being heavily gentrified

New Orleans too. It’s the white folks from other states that’s taking over the city.

I'm not as hard on Umar as a few people here but I think this is can be filed under two things can be true

It is not his sole responsibility to fix these issues but his influence does matter and has an impact. I'm not saying he needs to be a political dummy and go out speaking on behalf of politicians but perhaps his voice can echo the frustrations that have been expressed by the everyday man who gets largely ignored

Yes 2 things can be true which is why i said he's not technically wrong but the issue also requires something Kendrick Lamar doesn't have and has expressed he doesn't want which is political clout and people looking to him to be a savior. So he's well within his rights to know what his own limitations are and not go past that.

We gotta stop assuming people being good at entertainment also means they're good at everything else that involves public speaking. It's a bad road

Umar is not wrong when it comes to Kendrick

If he would have somebody like Lil Wayne or future then he would climbing up the wrong tree

Because of Kendrick entire rap identity.

Can’t rap the way he does and not really get involved
What did Chuck D ever do to combat gentrification in Brooklyn?

These are all artistic personas my boy these ain’t the niggas to lean on for shit that matters

Because of Kendrick entire rap identity.

Can’t rap the way he does and not really get involved

That's an identity fans tagged him with that he spent a good portion of his last album saying "stop. Im not that guy". Any actual reading or listening to his lyrics shows he's not on some political activist shit. Hell if anyone actually reads the lyrics to "Alright" it wouldn't be a protest song lol.

Curious question since I dont follow dude like that. Is Umar using his platform to point people in the right direction as far as raising awareness to representatives or people running to be representatives that can potentially affect the same change hes asking Kendrick to take on?

Curious question since I dont follow dude like that. Is Umar using his platform to point people in the right direction as far as raising awareness to representatives or people running to be representatives that can potentially affect the same change hes asking Kendrick to take on?
Come on bro u know the answer to this

That's an identity fans tagged him with that he spent a good portion of his last album saying "stop. Im not that guy". Any actual reading or listening to his lyrics shows he's not on some political activist shit. Hell if anyone actually reads the lyrics to "Alright" it wouldn't be a protest song lol.
He used his entire rap beef with Drake to say he’s that guy

His entire rap career is sayings he’s that guy.

Rocking the thorn crown is saying he’s that guy

I came name many more.

You making it sound like he’s using black plight and not doing anything and brushing it off because it’s just music

Back