Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who's the NFL comeback player of the year?

I'm really not trying to argue with you homie....I'm not an Alex smith fan nor a Big Ben hater....I get it he's playing great this year after coming off of injury but again....HE DOES THIS ALL THE TIME.....this is really nothing new from Big Ben and he's played this great since he came into the league......meanwhile a man broke his leg in a game 2 YEARS AGO and came back to play in 7 games in the NFL when most people figured he was done for good.....hence the "comeback"

Bruh, you can play at a high level, get hurt, then come back playing at a high level and still get the award. Peyton, Rivers, Gronk, Eric Berry, and Jordy Nelson all won the award in the past 10 years. All were really good before winning. So Big Ben being good before his injury isn't really an issue.

Bruh, you can play at a high level, get hurt, then come back playing at a high level and still get the award. Peyton, Rivers, Gronk, Eric Berry, and Jordy Nelson all won the award in the past 10 years. All were really good before winning. So Big Ben being good before his injury isn't really an issue.

But im pretty sure sans Manning, all those players you named did not put up out of this world league leading stats to win the award(I could be wrong but I'm not doing the research to find out lol).....Berry had cancer.....and came back to play an nfl game.....Smith broke his leg and was out of a job for 2 years....and came back to pay an NFL game.....

20201227_230655.jpg

So do you really wanna argue Big Ben's adversity over Alex Smiths? Lol

If Smith really really sucked WFT is not even in the playoff conversation.....

But im pretty sure sans Manning, all those players you named did not put up out of this world league leading stats to win the award(I could be wrong but I'm not doing the research to find out lol).....Berry had cancer.....and came back to play an nfl game.....Smith broke his leg and was out of a job for 2 years....and came back to pay an NFL game.....

You're wrong. They balled out. Participation awards aren't for pros. He played bad and doesn't deserve an award just for playing. You're basing the award entirely on injury. Got it.

I haven't seen much of smith aside maybe 2 games

C'mon now. You don't really need to unless you're moving the hell out of the goal post or lying to yourself. Lemme know what QB in modern football had a season with more INT's than TD's that you would say played well. Especially one you would say played better than a guy with a better than 3:1 TD:INT ratio.

How do you highlight it, and ignore where level of play is important?

Who's ignoring it?....I've only acknowledged that Big Ben is playing like he always has played....the fact the Smith can play at all following what he came back from is the "comeback".....you keep ignoring the injury aspect of it and I highlighted what it takes to win the award....

Again are you arguing that Ben has had more adversity from injury than Smith?

Who's ignoring it?....I've only acknowledged that Big Ben is playing like he always has played....the fact the Smith can play at all following what he came back from is the "comeback".....you keep ignoring the injury aspect of it and I highlighted what it takes to win the award....

Again are you arguing that Ben has had more adversity from injury than Smith?

Nope. But the adversity part doesn't seem as important honestly. Playing well is a consistent requirement though. Rivers won it. He wasn't injured, and didn't really go through much adversity. He DID play well. Tannehill won it last year. He wasn't injured, and didn't go through any real adversity. He DID play well.

C'mon now. You don't really need to unless you're moving the hell out of the goal post or lying to yourself. Lemme know what QB in modern football had a season with more INT's than TD's that you would say played well. Especially one you would say played better than a guy with a better than 3:1 TD:INT ratio.
Bruh I just said I don't think big ben would win it...I never said it should go to Alex smith automatically they're not the only 2 who could win it

You're right. My bad playa. Who else you got in the running?
Aldon smith could be under the radar he's done good so far....gronk could be one but he just hasn't done quite enough and from what I read recently they have alex smith as the favorite right now....that win against the steelers helped his case

Aldon smith could be under the radar he's done good so far....gronk could be one but he just hasn't done quite enough and from what I read recently they have alex smith as the favorite right now....that win against the steelers helped his case

I dunno if they did enough to win it, but I get them getting a look. I think he probably will win it as a feel good story PR move though.

i would give it to Alex Smith, especially if he clinches the division on sunday

Why's the result of tomorrow's game matter? Just trying to understand how you make your pick.

If it's performance based, Big Ben kills him statistically and in games won. If it's injury based, he's getting the award just for suiting up.

What’s with all this talk about Big Ben? He’s had some suck ass games lately regardless of overall stats. Besides comeback player of the year just isn’t that type of award.

Why's the result of tomorrow's game matter? Just trying to understand how you make your pick.

If it's performance based, Big Ben kills him statistically and in games won. If it's injury based, he's getting the award just for suiting up.

it matters because winning the division plays into the comeback story imo

came back to the NFL after almost having his leg amputated, became a starter after starting the season third (i believe) on the depth chart, won a few games, beat the last unbeaten team in the NFL, got hurt again, comes back and wins the division in week 17

the nigga would’ve came back twice lol

i know he physically still has two legs but you don’t consider that mangled up chew toy he’s standing on a leg do you? he’s basically disabled out there. that gotta count for something right? haha

now if ben wins it, cool. but my vote would go to Alex

What’s with all this talk about Big Ben? He’s had some suck ass games lately regardless of overall stats. Besides comeback player of the year just isn’t that type of award.

Why isn't it? He missed 14 games last year with injury to his throwing arm. Having a strong return season after missing time... it is that type of award.

Back