Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who's the NFL comeback player of the year?

Man, fuck all that playoff talk. They have a losing record. Don't try to mask it with playoff talk. That division being that bad makes the record even worse.

I'm not a WFT fan....yes the team is ass and the division is even worse....cant take away from his impact on the team and where he came from last time he played to even be on the field....idk if team success is tied in but I do think personal impact on a team counts.....WFT with Haskins cant win shit...including today's game....WFT with Smith got some W's when he was on the field.

Was there a QB controversy in Pittsburgh?

Was Ben in danger of losing his job following injury?

Again what exactly is Ben coming back from to win the award....did he really fall that far off when he got hurt?....did he really comeback stronger and better than he's ever been?

Lol.....he has a winning record this when he plays :shrug2:

If Ben was lighting the league up and Pittsburgh was undefeated then sure I can see the argument but he's doing what he's always done his whole career and idk if Smith is the runaway answer for the award either but the man broke a leg 2 seasons ago(meaning he was literally on the street last year with no job while Ben was comfy at home knowing he had a STARTING job when he got healthy again) and came back to play 7 games(win 4) and help a team try and get into the playoffs....whose story is more intriguing here?

Last edited:
Lol.....he has a winning record this when he plays :shrug2:

If Ben was lighting the league up and Pittsburgh was undefeated then sure I can see the argument but he's doing what he's always done his whole career and idk if Smith is the runaway answer for the award either but the man broke a leg 2 seasons ago(meaning he was literally on the street last year with no job while Ben was comfy at home knowing he had a STARTING job when he got healthy again) and came back to play 7 games(win 4) and help a team try and get into the playoffs....whose story is more intriguing here?

Steelers are 12-3, Ben has 33 TD 10 INT. You can't say his record or stats aren't good enough while you argue for 4 TD 6 INT Alex Smith. And I'm not gonna give him credits for wins when he doesn't deserve it. Like the SF game, he only played the first half, went 8-19 for 57 yards and an INT. Dude was really like 3-2.

To me, the only argument that can be made for Alex Smith is he had a worse injury. If that's what decides the winner, then each offseason you can just rank the severity of injuries and know in advance who wins the award as long as they play at some point. I can't get behind quality of play not being a factor.

Precedence has been set before for Alex to win. Tedy Bruschi won with pedestrian statistics after his stroke.

Granted he was a co winner with Steve smith but they have given it to someone with subpar statistics but a bigger than just an ordinary football ailment/injury.

That's true, but you're gonna have to tell me what they're not showing. Because that looks like high Level play to me.
His overall play....he has missed alot of wide open throws...this is most steelers fans have been complaining on how bad big ben has looked in certain situations if it wasn't for the defense they would've lost atleast 5 games this season

Precedence has been set before for Alex to win. Tedy Bruschi won with pedestrian statistics after his stroke.

Granted he was a co winner with Steve smith but they have given it to someone with subpar statistics but a bigger than just an ordinary football ailment/injury.

I could see this. But was Bruschi bad when he came back, or was he just on a short season so his numbers looked bad compared to guys that played a full season? Like based on Smith's play in the 5 full games he played he'd end up with around 12 TD's 15 INT in a full season. That's trash.

Steelers are 12-3, Ben has 33 TD 10 INT. You can't say his record or stats aren't good enough while you argue for 4 TD 6 INT Alex Smith. And I'm not gonna give him credits for wins when he doesn't deserve it. Like the SF game, he only played the first half, went 8-19 for 57 yards and an INT. Dude was really like 3-2.

I'm really not trying to argue with you homie....I'm not an Alex smith fan nor a Big Ben hater....I get it he's playing great this year after coming off of injury but again....HE DOES THIS ALL THE TIME.....this is really nothing new from Big Ben and he's played this great since he came into the league......meanwhile a man broke his leg in a game 2 YEARS AGO and came back to play in 7 games in the NFL when most people figured he was done for good.....hence the "comeback"

Plus the stats you're throwing up should help make his case for MVP not Comeback player of the year....he won't win either lmao

His overall play....he has missed alot of wide open throws...this is most steelers fans have been complaining on how bad big ben has looked in certain situations if it wasn't for the defense they would've lost atleast 5 games this season

I feel like those complaints popped up later and after his knee or some shit got hurt. Ben was playing well. If his level of play was garbage though, what's Alex Smith's?

And as far as defense helping in games. Smith won 3 games. Defense allowed 9, 16, and 17 points in the wins. Without defense he'd have 1 win.

Last edited:
Back