Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who's the next King of Rap?

West - Kendrick
South - Big Boi (but that torch passing to KRIT within the next 2 years)
East -- has Diggy ever put out an actual album? this kid has the lineage and the skillset to be King of the East
North / Midwest - Common

Nah bruh this aint it

Kendrick had two things to help him get the play. A radio single from the previous albums and a real team behind him. Shit Kendrick was Joey before swimming pool got huge

Joey is completely independent no Dre co-signing him.

Yall gotta stop this narrative fam lol Niggas try to use the same bullshit excuse for why Sean aint on the same level as the big 3. Sean is backed by Kanye, he's GOOD music AND Def Jam, if those aint machines idk wtf is lol

Joey is backed by Sony and on a hit tv show "Mr Robot" , there's no reason he can't get radio play b.

I dont listen to the radio

So the “radio play” factor is irrelevant for me

As I said before

Kendrick sits on the Iron Throne (Ruler of Hip Hop)

J Cole is Lord of Winterfell (2nd Most powerful and only real threat)

and KRIT is ruler of Dorne (Can get overlooked but is a major player in the game)

Out of all the new schoolers...

Those three represent HIP HOP the best in my opinion

Yall gotta stop this narrative fam lol Niggas try to use the same bullshit excuse for why Sean aint on the same level as the big 3. Sean is backed by Kanye, he's GOOD music AND Def Jam, if those aint machines idk wtf is lol

Joey is backed by Sony and on a hit tv show "Mr Robot" , there's no reason he can't get radio play b.
Nope that narrative is fact.

GOOD Music is Kanye

J. Cole is backed by Jay

Kendrick back by Dre

All three have huge radio singles shit Sean may have bigger radio songs than everyone in the running.

Joey has a deal with Sony thats it nobody knew or know he's on Mr. Robot. Also name one big named producer from Sony right now or rapper......don't worry I'll wait

Dont forget he had a potential radio hit with devastated but it didnt go.

Nope that narrative is fact.

GOOD Music is Kanye

J. Cole is backed by Jay

Kendrick back by Dre

All three have huge radio singles shit Sean may have bigger radio songs than everyone in the running.

Joey has a deal with Sony thats it nobody knew or know he's on Mr. Robot. Also name one big named producer from Sony right now or rapper......don't worry I'll wait

Many "labels" are under sony so that would be unfair.

Let me put it like this, what rap legend is backing Future? What rap legend is backing Wiz Khalifa? I can keep going. You don't need a legend to back you to take over the game.

Many "labels" are under sony so that would be unfair.

Let me put it like this, what rap legend is backing Future? What rap legend is backing Wiz Khalifa? I can keep going. You don't need a legend to back you to take over the game.
Mumble rap is the wave Future is the king of that wave. All he has is radio singles.

Matter a fact Joey out sold Future last album Hndrxx

Mumble rap is the wave Future is the king of that wave. All he has is radio singles.

Matter a fact Joey out sold Future last album Hndrxx

lol nigga what?

Future has 5 number #1 albums in a row and Joey has never came close to outselling future. Hndrxx is a few thousand from gold, joey's album has sold 80k.

And again, with no backing.

And lmaoooo @ obama

joey-badass-malia-obama.jpg

lol nigga what?

Future has 5 number #1 albums in a row and Joey has never came close to outselling future. Hndrxx is a few thousand from gold, joey's album has sold 80k.

And again, with no backing.

And lmaoooo @ obama

joey-badass-malia-obama.jpg
Smh LMAO a t-shirt means what to live TV performance, being at the White House with the president on national TV?

Joey is unsung...

but id say Kendrick if i gave a fuck about some imaginary kingship

it annoys me that shit is argued to death

and popularity shouldnt be a deciding factor.. since its a discussion people want to have anyway because most people are stupid.. a whole bunch of stupid people bolster a movement.. doesnt make that shit less stupid

Smh LMAO a t-shirt means what to live TV performance, being at the White House with the president on national TV?

A backing is a backing. U can barely find 2 pics of Jay with J.cole, but he's backing him.

Just admit it, Joey doesn't have the range to be a king.

giphy.gif

Joey is unsung...

but id say Kendrick if i gave a fuck about some imaginary kingship

it annoys me that shit is argued to death

and popularity shouldnt be a deciding factor.. since its a discussion people want to have anyway because most people are stupid.. a whole bunch of stupid people bolster a movement.. doesnt make that shit less stupid

c/s the bolded.

IMO no one, in this new generation, is topping Krit as far consistent dope music.

Ofc it's a factor. My nigga pookie down the block can not be the king of rap and nobody has even heard of him. Cut it out.

Back