Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who's the next King of Rap?

West - Kendrick
South - Big Boi (but that torch passing to KRIT within the next 2 years)
East -- has Diggy ever put out an actual album? this kid has the lineage and the skillset to be King of the East
North / Midwest - Common

Kendrick is just a level above aight far as I'm concerned. He's the best player on the team because the rest of the team is weak. Cole is nice but he's on his emo tip as of late, KRIT is nice but he won't get any airplay or shine so he'll fall to the background. Big Sean a punchline guy he'll drop a aight single one more time and we'll never hear from him again. Matter fact 2018 is it for dude nice run tho but hit the showers your done.

Drake is still Drake he'll have the female's. Meek will actually come out of prison on some Pac shit and sell
Don't forget Joey Badass had one of the dopest albums of 2017

I forgot about Joey, but I dont think he has the mass appeal, but who knows, he might get it.

I see him and chance being heavy in the conversation in the next 5-10 years

You're joking right

Nope I'm not. I'm an unconvential hip hop head, I'm deaf after all, I read lyrics while bumping beats and/or videos. Understand I'm including the "it" factor of how one appears in a video as part of a skillset -- that why I threw Diggy's name in there, and some had said he has an appreciation for the classics and can hold his own with the newer generation and apparently others has said , he doesn't mumble either.....

I'm looking for an list that will spark convo especially for the East king, but the rest of the dudes on my list are Kings...and consistent too ....

I forgot about Joey, but I dont think he has the mass appeal, but who knows, he might get it.

I see him and chance being heavy in the conversation in the next 5-10 years
Lol his album was better than DAMN but he didn't have a single to get any play. I left him out on purpose
That mass appeal/Radio shit is for the labels and stations to control that's not on him. He makes great music and I can play that today just fine. If we going by radio appeal than one of these trashass white rappers coming out the woodoworks is running radio

Joey's album was fuckin with Kendrick's?

giphy.gif

That mass appeal/Radio shit is for the labels and stations to control that's not on him. He makes great music and I can play that today just fine. If we going by radio appeal than one of these trashass white rappers coming out the woodoworks is running radio
We talking about the King of Hiphop, he's gotta get play in the underground and in the mainstream. It's simple as that.
Thats why Drake aint king, and that's why Krit aint king.

Understand that BUT the rappers that are being named are the ones who get some type of radio play. The masses getting to hear your music will keep you relevant.

Without question

In no way is it better, but let's just focus on this part. If his artistry doesn't have the range to dominate the streets and radio, it pales in comparison to an album like kendrick's that's balanced enough to do both.

In no way is it better, but let's just focus on this part. If his artistry doesn't have the range to dominate the streets and radio, it pales in comparison to an album like kendrick's that's balanced enough to do both.
Kendrick had two things to help him get the play. A radio single from the previous albums and a real team behind him. Shit Kendrick was Joey before swimming pool got huge

Joey is completely independent no Dre co-signing him.

We talking about the King of Hiphop, he's gotta get play in the underground and in the mainstream. It's simple as that.
Thats why Drake aint king, and that's why Krit aint king.
Understand that BUT the rappers that are being named are the ones who get some type of radio play. The masses getting to hear your music will keep you relevant.
So going by this after Kendrick and lesser extent Cole who's left? I hear Chance played a lot more than Krit so I guess he's it then no?

We all kings
(We all kings nigga)
Kings of ourselves first and foremost
(True)
While the people debate who's the king of this rap game
Here comes lil' ol' Jermaine
With every ounce of strength in his veins
To snatch the crown from whoever y'all think has it
But rather than place it on his head as soon as he grabs it
Poof, boom, paow, it's like magic
With a flash and a BANG the crown disintegrates
And falls to the Earth from which it came