Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
How y’all feel about some West Coast rappers saying Kendrick bogus for basically taking Drakeo the Ruler s style and flow for Not Like Us but not acknowledging him nor the Stinc Team at the Pop Out concert
You're going to have to break that down for me.
I've heard Drakeo, and he doesn't sound so different from a few underground and lesser known rappers from the bay area and Sacramento that I've heard.

A multi syllable mix with west coast p-funk rhythm that if I was looking for a close comparison I'd say E40 and Migos.

This beef has warped my brain

From the whole beef I say

"Top wanna peace it up"

"Dot fuck em up"

"What is it the braids"

"I'm YMW melly"

"Croadie"

"Dave Freeeees"

And more
It's to the point I literally say these things in daily conversation with people and apply the quotes. I was at unc's house and he asked me if I wanted something to eat and I said "I be at New Hong king". Its bad

Here’s the thing. Kendrick was playing possum. He pretty much conditioned the culture to his absence. Drake being the arrogant king of music got waaaay too comfortable thinking Dot was never going to show face because he always moves at his own speed, not on industry time

But that's why he said "sometimes you gotta pop out and show niggas", that's exactly what he meant by that

He went from being in the cut to emptying the clip. Art of War/50 laws type shit

Yea this entitled mentality is going to die very soon

Black people don't owe the world shit

That war ain't got nothing to do with him

Dot didn’t grow up in any of these places…he grew up in Compton where there’s a genocide goin’ on in his own backyard…where are tha African rappers talking about this stuff…don’t nobody get upset if an overseas artist don’t talk about tha plight of black Americans smh

Dot didn’t grow up in any of these places…he grew up in Compton where there’s a genocide goin’ on in his own backyard…where are tha African rappers talking about this stuff…don’t nobody get upset if an overseas artist don’t talk about tha plight of black Americans smh
I'm telling you... we are getting tired of being the world's mules. The world is a golf course and everybody thinks black Americans are the caddies. No more

We are starting to respect ourselves more than ever and this one sided ally shit is over with

I never thought of it till Kendrick said it = I didn't think this way till a rapper I like told me how to think and who to dislike

If you want to get like Mr. Fantastic and reach sure.

Truth is Drake's been around so long now that most people forgot that he came into the game:

• From a teen drama show
  • Talked about how he was raised Jewish
  • Had most of the culture believing he was corny from the start
  • Tearing his ACL on stage
  • Radio freestyling with lyrics read from a phone
  • Sang love ballads to strippers (although they were fire)
  • Got pissed on by a grown man as a grown man
  • Exposed for wearing blackface
  • Got caught with multiple ghost pens
  • #DrakeBeLike hashtag from early twitter days
Then you couple that with that "nigger" video and it's like.... yeah why are you saying nigga.

Jamar said nothing wrong. I even bet you could probably search his old Vlad videos and find shit with him admonishing him back then. He's just been so ever present that we all just forgot about it.

That's a West Coast flow coming from a West Coast nigga fam.

1.) Drakeo is far from the originator
2.) It's not the same as a nigga from Toronto flowing like he's from East Side ATL or harmonizing like he's from Nigeria.
I’m just going by what some West Coast artists been saying

There’s a vid somewhere where a nigga put together some of the joints Kendrick borrowed from Drakeo for not like us

And for him to not pay homage at the concert when he gave Nip love is what s infuriating them

If you want to get like Mr. Fantastic and reach sure.

Truth is Drake's been around so long now that most people forgot that he came into the game:

• From a teen drama show
  • Talked about how he was raised Jewish
  • Had most of the culture believing he was corny from the start
  • Tearing his ACL on stage
  • Radio freestyling with lyrics read from a phone
  • Sang love ballads to strippers (although they were fire)
  • Got pissed on by a grown man as a grown man
  • Exposed for wearing blackface
  • Got caught with multiple ghost pens
  • #DrakeBeLike hashtag from early twitter days
Then you couple that with that "nigger" video and it's like.... yeah why are you saying nigga.

Jamar said nothing wrong. I even bet you could probably search his old Vlad videos and find shit with him admonishing him back then. He's just been so ever present that we all just forgot about it.
There was no need to type this much to me bro

Back