Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.

This one isn't that crazy because from the explanation it sounds like it was mostly a hook--but I do find it interesting that Kia Shine had to take it upon himself to actually pursuit credits.

He basically wrote a song for Wayne and later Drake interpolated that into the hook and production sound for Best I Ever Had without credit or notification.

But the fact that the beats are also so similar makes it likely that tracks were being shopped within the camp as references. I'm getting the feeling that the way Drake has created music throughout his career was just learned behavior from how Wayne and Cash Money operated.

I'm beginning to understand why Wayne's output was what it was in the mid to late 2000s. Whole lineage is looking funny in the light from a creator perspective.

This one isn't that crazy because from the explanation it sounds like it was mostly a hook--but I do find it interesting that Kia Shine had to take it upon himself to actually pursuit credits.

He basically wrote a song for Wayne and later Drake interpolated that into the hook and production sound for Best I Ever Had without credit or notification.

But the fact that the beats are also so similar makes it likely that tracks were being shopped within the camp as references. I'm getting the feeling that the way Drake has created music throughout his career was just learned behavior from how Wayne and Cash Money operated.

I'm beginning to understand why Wayne's output was what it was in the mid to late 2000s. Whole lineage is looking funny in the light from a creator perspective.

This isn't new news. And plenty rappers get beats with hooks already done. This isn't as bad as the reference tracks at all. This is actually pretty normal

Back