FEATURED Who You Got: Drake, Cole or Kendrick?

test

Did J.Cole Make The Right Decision?

• Yes

• Yes, but his stock still dropped

• No, he ducked the smoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
7:43 is what I listened and where I stopped lol I’m not listening to these bozos for an hr

But he made the point I made a while back and ppl tried to ridicule me for me when I said

“ what exactly do we know about Toronto s culture from Drake s music”

He ain’t event got the accent lol
Like he hit the scene sound like a southern artist and never stopped co opting

Like what is Toronto s sound musically and with them having the biggest artist in the world to date we don’t know lol
Nigga you read 420pages of bozos but 45mins too much lol

You right. Drake makes great ATL, Houston, and Miami music. Now tell him go make his own.

But first, he needs to figure out what that is. Does he know?

Do you know? He's from Toronto. What is their hip hop sound? Toronto is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world. Do they need to have an identifiable sound?

What you're really trying to say is that Drake should be kicked out of hip hop because he doesn't have a regional sound? If not then feel free to correct me. No disrespect.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Do you know? He's from Toronto. What is their hip hop sound? Toronto is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world. Do they need to have an identifiable sound?

What you're really trying to say is that Drake should be kicked out of hip hop because he doesn't have a regional sound? If not then feel free to correct me. No disrespect.

Whoooooooooooooooooooooo said that?????????

I'm not about to stop listening to Drake. I listened to Pipe Down last night

Whoooooooooooooooooooooo said that?????????

I'm not about to stop listening to Drake. I listened to Pipe Down last night

I'm asking what is your end game. You want Drake to find a sound? What does that look like to you?

IMO, I don't think that there's any artist out right now that can do what Drake does. I'm talking about their musical talent as far as rappers go.

Also Drake reps Toronto heavily and he claims that. So is you big hang up that you don't know what Toronto's sound is and therefor Drake shouldn't sound like anything? I'm trying to understand even though we have different opinions.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS

Still the dopest thing to come out of the 6

C'mon, bro...Did you burn this song or K-Os music on CDs or put it on mp3 players and tell your peoples to check him out back then if you were familiar? Are you seriously checking for his music today?

If not, stop, please.

Secondly, that song isn't even K-Os best, much less out of the city. But you are entitled to your opinion but still stop lol

C'mon, bro...Did you burn this song or K-Os music on CDs or put it on mp3 players and tell your peoples to check him out back then if you were familiar? Are you seriously checking for his music today?

If not, stop, please.

Secondly, that song isn't even K-Os best, much less out of the city. But you are entitled to your opinion but still stop lol
So u gonna tell me about my opinion ? lol

And what if I did everything you asked ? And saw him perform last time he was in the city then what?

• Haha
Reactions: LurkerSix and Inori
*NAWF ATLANTA x *

Guess what side of the real nigga challenge he stands on lol
Yall will be over that mid bop by next month. Kenny won by a landslide but that joint mid.

Last edited:

We don't have a sound per se but have a texture, feel or some sort if that makes any sense. Folks already know about the influence of the Caribbean, West & East African cultures here.

The underwater, spacey, eerie/gloomy sound from the eras raging from So Far Gone, Take Care, and House of Balloons/Trilogy could've been coined as 'Toronto feel'...but we fucked that opportunity up because of all kinds of shit that I don't care to get into.

Drake definitely built a lot of the feel using Texan & Memphian hip-hop music and that's just being dead honest.

We don't have a sound per se but have a texture, feel or some sort if that makes any sense. Folks already know about the influence of the Caribbean, West & East African cultures here.

The underwater, spacey, eerie/gloomy sound from the eras raging from So Far Gone, Take Care, and House of Balloons/Trilogy could've been coined as 'Toronto feel'...but we fucked that opportunity up because of all kinds of shit that I don't care to get into.

Drake definitely built a lot of the feel using Texan & Memphian hip-hop music and that's just being dead honest.

Almost like Drake pioneered a sound for Toronto but I'm sure people will think that word is too strong.

He's what I'll say about Drake. Drake came into the mainstream in 2007-2009 when the tide was changing in hip hop and a lot of young and up and coming artist were moreso trying to be like their favorites rappers that they admired and not so much like the sound of teh region that they came from.

The game was changing by then. That's why I said earlier that the regional argument for hip hop is an outdated one. By the time Drake hit mainstream, physical media was dying and things like Soundcloud and YouTube were starting to become more popular. The majority of rappers that you heard freestyling and trying to be clever with their bars like Lil Wayne were not from N.O. or even the south. They were from everywhere. By this point, the influence of individual rappers was bigger than the influence of the sounds of the regions where they were.

Reactions: onetoughmiracle
Wait, you from Toronto fam?

And yes, I am going to tell you about your opinion as you told me and every other user about theirs in the past lol. This is a forum for discussion, no?
Ok let’s start there so Superstar from K-os is my favorite song to ever come out of Toronto

Now what are you going to do about it?

• Haha
Reactions: Word....Life