Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who Ran Hip Hop In 2009

Who Ran Hip Hop In 2009

• Total voters
After revisiting the year, Drake is probably runner up for MVP.

So Far Gone was full of hits.

Forever
Best I ever Had
Goin In
Successful

etc were all gold, plat hits. Plus his other guest feats.

Yo watching these videos from 09 is hilarious. Watching Budden stand behind Em on "Forever", watchin YM videos when all of em but Wayne were barely known and knowing how they turned out (drake, tyga, nicki, etc),

To this day I still don't see the hype behind So Far Gone. I still think it's overrated and not as good as people big it up to be.

Are u voting on personal taste or who put up the best stats?

I'm not voting for anyone but if I was going to I'd say JayZ.

It's a toss up between Jay, Marshall and Ross tho. I can't say Ross cuz 50 ETHERED him that year.

2 big hits and an album that most rank at the bottom of his catalog.

:uhhuh6:

He landed his 11th number 1 record surpassing Elvis, signed to Livenation for a record setting $150 million, dropped arguably one of the biggest singles of his career, started Rocnation and signed J.Cole, he also deaded autotune too with D.O.A.

I mean with all due respect brother but it sure wasn't Wayne. Jay-Z and Eminem arguably owned 2009 both in and outside of Hip-Hop.

How when Wayne had more plat/gold hits than Em and Jay combined that year?

All the things u said about Jay was outside of music. If we're counting that then Will Smith was the MVP from 92-2005 lol

And if we're being objective I didn't say with certainty he wrote for Wayne. I personally believe he did but objectively I don't know and we may never know for sure unless someone comes out the woodworks and says something.

Yall letting that Gillie shit fuck yall up. You're too smart to be this naive fam. We seen what happened/happening to Lauryn Hill. She got sued asap, when she didn't credit the writers. U really think Gillie wrote Tha Carter and didn't get any credit on a platinum album with multi plat hits? No check, no proof of anything? Word? He just walked away from all that? lol

There's a reason why there's never been any proof of anybody writing Wayne verses.

Wayne was riding off the success of 2008. Jay still sold the more, landed a bonafide #1 single and ripped the charts.

I'm talkin about the songs that dropped in 2009, not the songs from C3. Check the stats, Jay only had 2 big hits that year.

We'll never know But if you wanna talk about it simply put I think it's naive to believe an artist like say Drake who had writers didnt get that from somewhere or an environment where that was allowed. Because if it was shunned at Cash Money there would have been no Quentin. And that being said Quentin didn't have hits and still managed to pen them for Drake.

As for proof that's why it's called a "Ghostwriter". And hell yeah, considering Cash Money don't pay them niggas it's not farfetched. Gillie prolly saw what time it
So because of a couple reference tracks from Q Miller a few years ago, y’all are now saying that Drake has had a team of ghostwriters his entire career?

You guys gotta stop the madness bro....Lol

Nah... you ain’t from South Florida or Miami ... Ace Hood was better than Drake in 2009...DJ Khaled & 99 Jams made sure of that...lol
We need a "Dumbest Things Said in the Record Store" thread after this terrible post

Back