Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who do you think are the gatekeepers of rap?

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
By gatekeepers, I mean actual rappers or people with actual influence?

People like post Malone continue to infiltrate the culture, get what they can, and leave when it's convenient. Why is this still a thing?

You would think the og's would step in and check these dudes but they seem to be co-signing the fuckery.

Is it the record companies? Who has the ultimate say so to determine who is allowed to benefit from the culture and who isn't? This isn't directed solely at white people either but anybody who out here not advancing the culture

By gatekeepers, I mean actual rappers or people with actual influence?

People like post Malone continue to infiltrate the culture, get what they can, and leave when it's convenient. Why is this still a thing?

You would think the og's would step in and check these dudes but they seem to be co-signing the fuckery.

Is it the record companies? Who has the ultimate say so to determine who is allowed to benefit from the culture and who isn't? This isn't directed solely at white people either but anybody who out here not advancing the culture

Black ppl use the culture too. A big portion of "rappers" dont know shit about the culture

Black ppl use the culture too. A big portion of "rappers" dont know shit about the culture
Absolutely

Just look at that bozo that allergens posted in the chill spot. In that situation, why is he allowed to even come there and perform that bullshit? Those hosts in that situation are gatekeepers.

To be real

Art of any kind does not need gatekeepers.

Art is an expression of oneself
In a vacuum, I would agree wholeheartedly, but I think there need to be clear boundaries set in hip hop

Yā€™all ainā€™t want the gatekeepers when the gatekeepers was speaking the truth about the trash that was coming out in the mid 2000ā€™s.

Yā€™all ainā€™t want the gatekeepers when the gatekeepers was speaking the truth about the trash that was coming out in the mid 2000ā€™s.
Who didn't?

I think the issue was that had no solutions and often times came off hating

Having a different opinion doesn't make you a hater. Not reaching out to try and find common ground because you feel you too big to do so is hating though

Who didn't?

I think the issue was that had no solutions and often times came off hating

Having a different opinion doesn't make you a hater. Not reaching out to try and find common ground because you feel you too big to do so is hating though
Find common ground? Lol. When niggas talking about fuck lyrics what common ground needs to be had with that?

Mentor a dude that was shouting out slave owners?
Yes

At the end of the day, it might've been a lost cause but how would he know unless he tried

Regardless of what he felt about his music, he still has to recognize that his generation are going to be next up in the genre. Why not try to bridge the disconnect?

I don't know what happened with the whole 50 cent situation with SB, but that was another opportunity

Yes

At the end of the day, it might've been a lost cause but how would he know unless he tried

Regardless of what he felt about his music, he still has to recognize that his generation are going to be next up in the genre. Why not try to bridge the disconnect?

I don't know what happened with the whole 50 cent situation with SB, but that was another opportunity
"riight"

Back