Welcome To aBlackWeb

White People Adopting Black Kids, Yall Cool With it?

Nah you know what you were doing. I'm not fighting this fight no more tho. Not my problem. Go ahead.

What was I doing? How many kids did you adopt bro?

Unless you're gonna give these kids a loving family, you're not helping them by pushing these kinds of ideas. The statistics already show black kids are adopted less frequently than other races.

Fight me on any of these points, they're well established in the sociological literature

Is that zero kids you adopted? And instead you would rather them be at higher risk for prison, suicide, and other tragedies than go to a non-Black family? Sounds horrible.

http://m.caltech.edu/news/african-american-babies-and-boys-least-likely-be-adopted-study-shows-1610

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3061347/
To me, there's gotta be an alternate solution to just handing kids off to the person with the most money because as we've seen in the news, this doesn't guarantee a child's well being.

The whole adoption infrastructure needs to be remodeled, imo... Everybody wants to look for a quick fix without repairing the larger issue. Why is it that their lives turn out so horribly? How thorough are the background checks? What condition are the child care facilities in?

Unclaimed children deserve a chance at a decent life with or without parents. Especially black children if they're so 'undesirable'.

Putting them with an all white family would add to the feelings of displacement I would imagine. It's just another hurdle that child will have to face by not being able to fully relate to their adoptive parents.

It's deeper than who can just provide a roof over the kid's head. A black child has to be prepared for how society will view and treat them.

I made a thread about this on the IC.. im conflicted.

If you do so with love,care and for the right reason cool..

But still at the same time.. that child will be missing something that that family cant provide them.

gotta see if i can find what i said previously

Why not? If they're good parents it's way better than the kids staying in the foster system forever.

The adoption rate for black children is already low enough. Don't make those kids suffer because you're salty, it's not like you're going to go and give them a good home yourself
is this your white or black side speaking?

you might have another case on your hands

To me, there's gotta be an alternate solution to just handing kids off to the person with the most money because as we've seen in the news, this doesn't guarantee a child's well being.

The whole adoption infrastructure needs to be remodeled, imo... Everybody wants to look for a quick fix without repairing the larger issue. Why is it that their lives turn out so horribly? How thorough are the background checks? What condition are the child care facilities in?

Unclaimed children deserve a chance at a decent life with or without parents. Especially black children if they're so 'undesirable'.

Putting them with an all white family would add to the feelings of displacement I would imagine. It's just another hurdle that child will have to face by not being able to fully relate to their adoptive parents.

It's deeper than who can just provide a roof over the kid's head. A black child has to be prepared for how society will view and treat them.

You're right. I don't really know how the system should test candidate parents for that but it does go deeper than your pocket book.

I read a piece in class last semester about intra-racial kids raised by white parents being better able to deal with prejudice and racism growing up when their white parents didn't pretend like it didn't exist or that were in some post-racial society. The more the white parent stressed it the better adapted the kids appeared to be. Definitely something that should be included. However, I think people may be glossing over the fact that a lot of what these kids will be socialized into and learn will come from the Black friends and teammates they will have growing up, too. The home isn't the only place to learn these things.

is this your white or black side speaking?

you might have another case on your hands

That's my sociology side speaking. If you're not going to adopt kids yourself it seems moronic to try and prevent competent, caring candidates from giving a black boy or girl a loving family and stable home life simply because you're mad at white society as a whole.

I’m say this.

Y’all must not know what these kids go through in the system.

Y’all sounding foolish as fuck.

@Lea, you and I were talking about this yesterday

thoughts?

What really stands out here is that these criticisms aren't for nothing: its important to match kids with good families. The problems is that the alternative to not letting these kids go to white families is that you leave them in the foster system / group homes. And if you think these kids are going to get their needs met any better there, the statistics say you're probably way wrong

What really stands out here is that these criticisms aren't for nothing: its important to match kids with good families. The problems is that the alternative to not letting these kids go to white families is that you leave them in the foster system / group homes. And if you think these kids are going to get their needs met any better there, the statistics say you're probably way wrong

Probably?

No, 100% wrong. The system is the worst shit ever for a kid mind frame.

I grew up with a dude around my way who was adopted by white folks. They weren’t rich or anything just average middle class folk. He still was talkin shit and doin all the same things a normal black kid did. I’m pretty sure he was adopted a little late (5 or 6 years old). He’s doin well for himself now too. His adopted parents kept him in touch with his moms family so I would think when that happens the kids life is a bit more balanced.

@Lea, you and I were talking about this yesterday

thoughts?
I get that they miss out on the black experience being raised by a white family, but if we (black families) are not going to step up and adopt them ourselves it's either this white family that's willing to or the system and is the system really working that we trust it to raise those kids?

I get that they miss out on the black experience being raised by a white family, but if we (black families) are not going to step up and adopt them ourselves it's either this white family that's willing to or the system and is the system really working that we trust it to raise those kids?

They don’t know kids that’s in and out of the system to feel negative boutbother races adopting.

Dudes on here just being dumb as fuck to want black kids in that position of not be wanted.

But not adopting the blacks kids they want to end up in jail most likely

Back