Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Which culture is more destructive?

Which is more destructive?

• Total voters
Viral and share culture. Creates copycats. Yes rap creates copycats but music does that. I def feel like mass shooting kept happening because shooters wanted to get famous.

thats what the labels push heavily and ends up being popular music id assume would be the answer..

We can make our own radio stations/playlists now tho
I’m not talking about that. I’m asking why does negativity define hip hop. There’s more to it than degeneracy.

I’m not talking about that. I’m asking why does negativity define hip hop. There’s more to it than degeneracy.

I gave what I thought was the answer to your question. Do you feel like negativity defines hip hop? If you do id be curious to see what you think the reason is

I gave what I thought was the answer to your question. Do you feel like negativity defines hip hop? If you do id be curious to see what you think the reason is
Like if when you get angry and all everybody does is use your anger as if that’s the only thing that defines you as a person. There’s more to hip hop than degeneracy. There’s art, dance, djing, emceeing, but sex raps and violence is the face of the culture.

Like if when you get angry and all everybody does is use your anger as if that’s the only thing that defines you as a person. There’s more to hip hop than degeneracy. There’s art, dance, djing, emceeing, but sex raps and violence is the face of the culture.

Thats whats I meant by my earlier post tho about thats whats the labels be pushing. thats the face because thats what they are putting dollars behind

Thats whats I meant by my earlier post tho about thats whats the labels be pushing. thats the face because thats what they are putting dollars behind
They think because that’s how they like to see black people it means black people only wants to see that kind of stuff. We can accept it but we want balance.

Lol that's my entire point. It was overblown with no internet or sm. Most people that knew about that didn't know about any of the positive things going on. 🤷🏿‍♂️

The music never stopped tho. KRS, Common, Tribe, The Coup, Paris, Conscious Daughters and a whole grip of other positive artists were steady dropping albums and singles with messages in them and they were popular at that. The whole crossover shits was happening and those songs were popular. Niggas was geeked to see Method Man on Spice One's album and Redman on MC Eiht's. That was big shit during that time.

Viral and share culture. Creates copycats. Yes rap creates copycats but music does that. I def feel like mass shooting kept happening because shooters wanted to get famous.

I have definitely said this a time or two in those mass shootings threads.

by years end my mind will be changed

Got folks like Kai just doing random dumb shit. Bruh had that little kid on that raps and all he do is cuss talking about fucking hoes and killing his “opps”. He tried to play off as him trying to show the kid how to be a kid but that shit was fake.

Last edited:
Back