Welcome To aBlackWeb

Where's the line between flirting and sexual harassment?

I'd say in this situation, when it becomes pretty clear that she isn't interested...anything beyond that is harassment. In this situation, given just the facts that you stated, I'd say that it's VERY clear that this woman is not interested and I can't think if any other realistic way it can be looked at. You asked her out 3 times. And 3 times she has told you no. She didn't say 'Oh but I'm free next weekend.' Or 'How about we grab lunch during the week?' Etc, etc, etc.

The picture seems pretty clear to me.

I can definitely see that, but should there be some responsibility on the woman's side to say she isn't interested? Like in this situation she's intentionally not expressing she's not interested. She's dropping hints, and I'd pick up on them. But I can't speak for every hopeful guy out there.

What's constant, and what responsibility does the woman have to let it be known the advances are unwelcome?

let's say a man asks a woman out, and she isn't interested so she makes up a lie about her parents visiting that weekend. Then he asks her out the the next week, and she says she'll be out of town that weekend. Then he asks her out the next week, and she says she already has plans that weekend. Now the clues are possibly there, but is he harassing her? She won't say she's not interested.
she didnt need to lie, just say shes not interested in a kind way if hes giving kind energy. she can shut it down from the jump. or even at the second time dude asks.

but not closing it out from the jump...seems like dude still has a chance because she busy "THAT" weekend.

just be clear

and dude needs to leave her alone after that.

Its like that with everything too.

Take a mfer wanting to be your friend at work.

Come up asking how you doing. Theres times I aint trying to be friends with anyone.

He be like yo how your day going. I feel like saying yo if you dont get the fuck out my face.

All that to say, women shouldnt have to constantly have shots taken at them in formal settings like work just cause they women.

Its like that with everything too.

Take a mfer wanting to be your friend at work.

Come up asking how you doing. Theres times I aint trying to be friends with anyone.

He be like yo how your day going. I feel like saying yo if you dont get the fuck out my face.

All that to say, women shouldnt have to constantly have shots taken at them in formal settings like work just cause they women.

I agree with you, but a woman (or man... anyone can make the first move) shouldn't be denied a relationship because the person is a coworker either.

I think the idea that pursuing anything with a coworker is inappropriate is going too far.

It's really, really easy for me and every nigga I associate with to not sexual harass women. I honestly don't know a single nigga who LEGITIMATELY doesn't understand the difference between shooting his shot and harassment. It's always like a 'devil's advocate' argument.

Woe is me

It's true. I think it needs to be acknowledged that "I was interested in him/her so I went along with it", "I was uncomfortable so I went along with it", 'I didn't want to be rude/mean so I went along with it" all look the exact same to the other person.

That's why I think expressing disinterest is important. Some women are uncomfortable in conversations, but behave like everything's OK. Then come back later and say they were uncomfortable and being harassed. But how was the man suppose to know? And he's getting punished and looked at like a piece of shit.

It's really, really easy for me and every nigga I associate with to not sexual harass women. I honestly don't know a single nigga who LEGITIMATELY doesn't understand the difference between shooting his shot and harassment. It's always like a 'devil's advocate' argument.

Not everyone is like that though. Women start just replying to texts with just "LOL, You're crazy, You're silly". A lot of guys see those short answers and know she's not really trying to talk to you. Other dude's see it and think they're making her laugh.

It's not devil's advocate. I think you're making it seem less grey than it is in some situations. Ya, everybody knows you can't go around grabbing asses. Not everybody knows compliments thrown out there to see how she's feeling about you commenting on her appearance can be met with a smile, but viewed as harassment.

Men know the times we living in now, leave these chicks alone at work. It's been like this since metoo hit the scene so it's no longer a shock.

This is definitely true. But isn't this acknowledging the line is blurred, and saying play it safe and avoid it altogether?

Not everyone is like that though. Women start just replying to texts with just "LOL, You're crazy, You're silly". A lot of guys see those short answers and know she's not really trying to talk to you. Other dude's see it and think they're making her laugh.

It's not devil's advocate. I think you're making it seem less grey than it is in some situations. Ya, everybody knows you can't go around grabbing asses. Not everybody knows compliments thrown out there to see how she's feeling about you commenting on her appearance can be met with a smile, but viewed as harassment.
the youre crazy or youre silly.....still depends on how she feels about you.

had plenty of chicks with they panties around one leg calling me silly

I don't even know why dudes want to pursue chicks they work with anyway. Anything goes wrong and HR will be firing you when she file that complaint
A lotta relationships start at work.

Some people spend the majority of their day at work.

You can learn a lot about a person you spend time with everyday at work.

Plus, online dating ain’t for everybody.

Back