Welcome To aBlackWeb

When is it okay to open up to your woman?

It is and causes a lot of our emotional strife. If miggas stopped calling everything soft we wouldn’t have to ask women to dump our traumas on them.

That's not the issue at hand: It's that we DON'T tell them our issues when THEY ask; that's the problem. We ain't outchea volunteering this info, they're asking for it.

U can open up without being "soft"

Shit happens to everyone in life. Being in a relationship with someone where u worried about ever being vulnerable is a waste of time.

If y'all are BOTH mature and respect each other having that person in your corner gonna enhance your life and it should be mutual.

But ur not gonna get that just jumping person to person.

We gotta stop normalizing the standard of relationships being from the perspective of emotional damaged and or stunted people. If the person you love cries infront of you, it should fill you with rage and or empathic sorrow for their pain. If not, you don’t love them, you love yourself and they are merely there for protection of something in you. And you didn’t lose respect for them, you became fearful that they can’t protect the thing that you need protection from and you’ll have to do it. If anything, you da pussy.

We gotta stop normalizing the standard of relationships being from the perspective of emotional damaged and or stunted people. If the person you love cries infront of you, it should fill you with rage and or empathic sorrow. If not, you don’t love them, you love yourself and they are merely there for protection of something in you. And you didn’t lose respect for them, you became fearful that they can’t protect the thing that you need protection from and you’ll have to do it. If anything, you da pussy.
Very well articulated

Couldn't agree more

Now I ain't reading over every message but, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't y'all kind of proving the niggas who say it's a risk opening up about your emotions right by calling them insecure and fragile?
I think it's ok to evolve past this

I don't want to overlook a population of men that feel this way but I do want to also acknowledge that once you get to a point of self love and emotional intelligence, you are above these types of conversations. There are going to be women who want to be feminist in certain aspects of their lives while also subscribing to aspects of patriarchy.

If a woman think it's weak for a man to be vulnerable, that's on her. But you can't have it both ways and say you want to feel protected, soft, vulnerable, like a woman which gives you the space to cry in front of him but that same space isn't extended to him

I do think there is also a space that exists to say you know what, I don't want anyone man or woman, that cries over every single thing cause to me, that speaks to that individuals need to address things about themselves and the need to cry over every single issue they may face

None of this is an absolute which is why these types of convos should not be discussed on social media.

I think I’ve only met too women that I felt knew me well enough to the point that I even felt comfortable crying infront of. And if anything, it made them afraid in a sense of..holy shit, you cry? Both of them, it made em feel, you must really fuck with me if “you” cried in front of me.

I think both of those women were the type of women to want to be important to a man, more important than anyone else could be so it gave em ego boosts. That sympathy pussy…

:mackie:

They put it down wit that sympathy pussy

Anyone who says they lose respect for their partner crying is just telling on themselves that they don't have meaningful relationships.

Shit happens. Real life happens, people die, life gets hectic. No one gender has a monopoly on expressing emotions. The same person downing you for crying, will be the same person quick to talk about toxic masculinity. Pay them no mind.

Now I ain't reading over every message but, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't y'all kind of proving the niggas who say it's a risk opening up about your emotions right by calling them insecure and fragile?

No because it's calling what it is. And we all have insecurities. We also all have to navigate through them and how they affect the choices you make. And if a person decides that they can choose to get into a relationship with and potentially spend their lives with someone they don't feel comfortable opening up to then that is a major insecurity to work on because it's not grounds for a healthy relationship. It's not shaming, it's calling it what it is.

There's also no absolutism to this idea. You shouldn't just trust any and everyone to be open to. But again if you're gonna invest time, energy and emotions into building a relationship with a person then being vulnerable is a part of that. And if a person feels they can't be vulnerable with who they've chosen to live their life with then that's a problem

I think it's ok to evolve past this

I don't want to overlook a population of men that feel this way but I do want to also acknowledge that once you get to a point of self love and emotional intelligence, you are above these types of conversations. There are going to be women who want to be feminist in certain aspects of their lives while also subscribing to aspects of patriarchy.

If a woman think it's weak for a man to be vulnerable, that's on her. But you can't have it both ways and say you want to feel protected, soft, vulnerable, like a woman which gives you the space to cry in front of him but that same space isn't extended to him

I do think there is also a space that exists to say you know what, I don't want anyone man or woman, that cries over every single thing cause to me, that speaks to that individuals need to address things about themselves and the need to cry over every single issue they may face

None of this is an absolute which is why these types of convos should not be discussed on social media.

They are speaking from lived experience. It isn't insecurity but self-preservation, no? Acknowledging that the reason being their keeping their emotions to themselves shouldn't lead the criticism of the person for not being in a more enlightened state of emotional being.

Back