Welcome To aBlackWeb

What's Up With The Wildfires In California?

120 countries around the world and Florida are already doing it.

They are doing what already exactly? Just so we're clear. Do you mean they're already desalinating sea water en masse? Already using desalinated sea water to fight fires? Also, where'd you find this information?

98jh.gif
LMFAO...I wasnt telling her to come see me...foo lol
That shit was FaF tho

They are doing what already exactly? Just so we're clear. Do you mean they're already desalinating sea water en masse? Already using desalinated sea water to fight fires? Also, where'd you find this information?

Desalinating ocean water for their country's needs. Florida has two ocean desalination plants, one of which has been in use since the late 70's.

Cali has or has had desalination plants in the planning stages, but I don't know of any that are being built off the top.

The larger cities in Australia rely on desalination plants for much of their water. Some Middle Eastern countries rely on it, with the largest desalination plant being in Saudi Arabia.

I did a google search on this some years ago on the IC and posted it up, complaining about the same thing: The technology exists, and has been successfully been used for decades. California is just on some fuck shit and would prefer to put a tremendous strain on the Colorado rather than use the ample water resource they already have; the Pacific.

Desalinating ocean water for their country's needs. Florida has two ocean desalination plants, one of which has been in use since the late 70's.

Cali has or has had desalination plants in the planning stages, but I don't know of any that are being built off the top.

The larger cities in Australia rely on desalination plants for much of their water. Some Middle Eastern countries rely on it, with the largest desalination plant being in Saudi Arabia.

I did a google search on this some years ago on the IC and posted it up, complaining about the same thing: The technology exists, and has been successfully been used for decades. California is just on some fuck shit and would prefer to put a tremendous strain on the Colorado rather than use the ample water resource they already have; the Pacific.

Ah, gotcha.

As a California resident, I can tell you off top that I don't really know what the fuck I'm talking about, beyond the most basic info and that you seem to know more about the shit than me...so keep that in mind.

But AS A RESIDENT, it seems to me that those cost to actually get those facilities built and up and running in any meaningful numbers that would make a difference, it would be wildly expensive. And it seems like almost every year, there is already a budget shortfall and some years, some level of government shutdown here because of it. The thought of trying foot the bill for the water system or whatever on TOP of that is prolly too much. Taxes are already too night here and a tax increase to pay for it would never pass a vote. The other option is to cut a huge number of program and services that may California...California.

That's my $00.02.

Go...

I was just watching the news. They said 250K people have lost their homes due to this current wildfire, just this year.

And it's not over.

It's absurd that this happens every year.

Cali has a desalination plant. It is in San Diego. It is called the Carlsbad desalination plant. Built in 2012.

Most of the really bad wildfires are hundreds of miles away from San Diego. Around LA and up here in NorCal.
Based on what I researched, they are going to build another one some where in Cali. Forgot the location. They are becoming more popular. Texas has some. Arizona wants to partner with someone since they don't border a body of water. The 2 main issues is money and the amount of energy it takes to run the plant, which causes emission issues.

yeah but what actually sparks a fire? is it literal friction between dry sticks/branches/grass caused from the wind? if so thats some ol bullshit

I think most people would be surprised how many of these shits are started by man. Whether purposely or not. It's NOTHING for an ember from a fire pit or a campfire to spark some shit, depending on the circumstances.

Back