Welcome To aBlackWeb

What's The Weirdest Thing Society Accepts As Normal?

We've definitely allowed developers and even Microsoft/Sony dictate what's supposed to be normal. $80 for a controller is insane. $700 for a console that barely added anything is insane
When I needed a controller last year and saw that cost the same or if not more than the game, I was like WTF!!!

But these controllers do a lot more

Rumble / shake
Wireless (built in blue tooth)
Motion control (some)

It’s not like the old school swag wired controller. All the small stuff through out the past 20 - 30 years are all in the controller

Physical copies for second hand market make the most sense or if you're Nintendo, it keeps the value of the game high
Only real reason I prefer physical and having my consoles accept disc. I can borrow games I don't want to buy but still want to play. I do both though. Digital and physical. Just depends on the game.

We've definitely allowed developers and even Microsoft/Sony dictate what's supposed to be normal. $80 for a controller is insane. $700 for a console that barely added anything is insane
I've spent like $400 on ps5 controllers smmfh.

People willing to buy their progress in a game and devs love that

It utterly ruined one game I still play periodically: World of Kung Fu. The game went completely offline at one point, then was resurrected a couple of years later but the devs added a way for folks to level-up if they were willing to pay for it and then added bonus objects that couldn't be used by anyone unless they had managed to reach/pay for those higher levels. Suddenly you have all of these high ass leveled players running around the world jumping in on your quests, beating high level monsters and snatching a share of whatever loot/xp was left behind and the game tanked. Went from thousands of people online at any given time to barely 100.

Just fired up the client: There's only 40 people on right now.

1728409634971.png

See? another reason why people shouldn’t be paying full price for a digital only version of a game. Seems like it should cost at most 70% of the full price. And physical copies should come with credits for future updates that they intend to charge for later, with discretion. Either that or change the physical format so that the IP is already there in the first place. Why do we HAVE to ping to an online server just play it? And any further expansion updates should be a secondary thing altogether not a normalized part of the original intended experience. Gamers just normalized letting these companies mess over them

I definitely don't agree with most of the DLC complaints. I been having this argument with people for years, but the whole "it should have been included in the base game" argument usually shows that people don't understand how games are developed or forget what gaming was like before DLC.

People will say some dumb shit like Marvel vs Capcom 2 had 56 characters at launch but Marvel vs Capcom 3 had way less and needed DLC. Sure...that's true, but MvC3 was built from scratch whereas MvC2 just recycled assets from the games that came before it.

At the end of the day, people pay for what they value. If you don't think the benefits of digital gaming are worth paying full price, buy a physical copy or wait until the digital goes on sale. For me, there are certain games a I play regularly and will probably continue to play regularly for as long as I have a PS5, so it makes perfect sense to just have those games on my system and not be attached to disc.

I definitely don't agree with most of the DLC complaints. I been having this argument with people for years, but the whole "it should have been included in the base game" argument usually shows that people don't understand how games are developed or forget what gaming was like before DLC.

People will say some dumb shit like Marvel vs Capcom 2 had 56 characters at launch but Marvel vs Capcom 3 had way less and needed DLC. Sure...that's true, but MvC3 was built from scratch whereas MvC2 just recycled assets from the games that came before it.

At the end of the day, people pay for what they value. If you don't think the benefits of digital gaming are worth paying full price, buy a physical copy or wait until the digital goes on sale. For me, there are certain games a I play regularly and will probably continue to play regularly for as long as I have a PS5, so it makes perfect sense to just have those games on my system and not be attached to disc.
DLC has evolved in the way that the stuff they add now should have been in the base game. I remember when the additions were called expansion packs on PC. The game was complete but then they'd add onto the game sometime after

DLC has evolved in the way that the stuff they add now should have been in the base game. I remember when the additions were called expansion packs on PC. The game was complete but then they'd add onto the game sometime after

I've only ever bought one in my life:

brood_war.jpg

Bought it because it was pretty critical to playing online since that was the only way I played the game (to this day, I've never played the single player campaigns in Starcraft).

Housing is already subscription based. It's just called rent.

I feel you tho. The middle class is getting eliminated. They don't want people to survive in the middle through ownership whether through business or property. Big corp tired of that shit.
I mean....home ownership will be a thing of the past..

Asking another nigga to borrow a game in your 30s-40s is nuts to me. 🤣
Don't know why. If they beat a game and are no longer playing it, it just sits there. You ain't gonna get much on the sell back. I dont have to spend money on a game I don't really want. I have plenty games I no longer play. If someone wants to play it, I give it to them. I generally only buy games with multi-player or a non linear game like horizon.

Asking another nigga to borrow a game in your 30s-40s is nuts to me. 🤣

Don't know why. If they beat a game and are no longer playing it, it just sits there. You ain't gonna get much on the sell back. I dont have to spend money on a game I don't really want. I have plenty games I no longer play. If someone wants to play it, I give it to them. I generally only buy games with multi-player or a non linear game like horizon.
Lol I remember when Sony made this to diss Microsoft about their messed up policy

It depends on the game. Some companies do dirty shit, but for the most part I don't believe that's true. Again, just think about FGs. Every time a game drops with fewer character than people believe should be in it, people say the DLC characters should have been in the base. They always justify that opinion by comparing to other FGs where characters take a fraction of the development costs to make.

Transgenders.

Respectfully.

I was at the drive thru and there was a person at the register and I literally have no idea what the fuck it was.

There’s a big black dude (probably 6’4” at least) at my job wearing a wig and goes by “CoCo”.

My question is: Who in the fuck does he think he’s fooling??

Actually, one of my coworkers didn’t know it was a dude, but she’s the only one.

But, still FOH!!!

How you gonna identify as a woman and look like that?

It depends on the game. Some companies do dirty shit, but for the most part I don't believe that's true. Again, just think about FGs. Every time a game drops with fewer character than people believe should be in it, people say the DLC characters should have been in the base. They always justify that opinion by comparing to other FGs where characters take a fraction of the development costs to make.

Had a game like DragonBall FighterZ dropped back in the late 90's/early 00's, it would have had all of the fighters included. The difference between then and now would be that back then you prolly had to beat the game with each of the default characters in order to unlock the rest of them. This was the case for Star Gladiator, Zero Divide 1 and 2, Kensei: Sacred Fist, Super Smash Bros Melee, and Naruto: Clash of Ninja.

Now, instead of them unlockable and already a part of the game, they're buyable and you don't get them unless you break bread with the developer.

And, since I refuse to pay for DLC, my Dragonball select screen looks like this:

1728424117543.png

plan and simple, a dlc should be an addition to a game. If i beat the main game, the dlc shouldn't be something needed to make the game feel complete.

I dont think fighting games are a good example. People don't generally play those for the story.

Think mass effect 3. They had a character that was a main focal point of that entire game (part 3) , set as a day one dlc. His species was talked about through the whole series.

Had a game like DragonBall FighterZ dropped back in the late 90's/early 00's, it would have had all of the fighters included. The difference between then and now would be that back then you prolly had to beat the game with each of the default characters in order to unlock the rest of them. This was the case for Star Gladiator, Zero Divide 1 and 2, Kensei: Sacred Fist, Super Smash Bros Melee, and Naruto: Clash of Ninja.

Now, instead of them unlockable and already a part of the game, they're buyable and you don't get them unless you break bread with the developer.

And, since I refuse to pay for DLC, my Dragonball select screen looks like this:

View attachment 1394051

Bro, there were DBZ games back in the 90s that didn't have 20 characters. Then when you get to the games that did have as many characters as FighterZ, half the characters were practically clones. I liked the Budokai Tenkaichi games, but the characters weren't that much different from each other. Creating unique characters takes much development time and resources than cookie cutter characters.

Back