Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What's The Most Overrated HipHop "Classic" Album of Alltime?

Think Thriller but a hip hop version…, every song slaps …. It moves Units…. Has a cultural and long lasting impact

-impact
-critical acclaim
-commercial success
-sales

Escape
Raising Hell
Straight Outta Compton
Ilmatic/It Was Written
Reasonable Doubt
The Score

Out of all of those, I remember when The Score came out. It was everywhere because Lauryn was singing on half the songs, and there weren't any curses so you could play it at a cookout.

There's a lot of classic albums, but you can't play them at a cookout because of the excessive cursing.

The best of the best albums appeal to all ages.

Too many K Dot and Jay Z haters for there to ever be a unanimous classics list on here lol

But even as a whole culture, music is too subjective to have clear cut unanimous classics that’s why I’m completely cool wit’ “majority rules” classics

Sidenote: I’m 100% sure we couldn’t get a list bigger than 10 unanimous classics on this site but I’m also 100% positive there are waaay more than 10 classic hip hop albums in hip hop history…there were at least 4 in a few years span from The Chronic to Ready to Die lol

Everyone has their own criteria for a classic album. This is some shit we won't ever agree on. For me, the criteria when Im judging is, is there a wack song or a skip, and how does the album hold up years from that album's release whenever I throw it on. It's all opinion at the end of the day

This is overrated not wack so imo:

Any Beastie Boys or Cypress Hill album as I see they always make classic lists with magazines etc, they have dope songs but not classic albums...
Any Drake album...
Any Kanye album after Graduation
I dont think Kendrick has a classic but his albums are cool...

Again not saying they are wack, so not classics for me...

mf call themselves "hip-hop heads"

there's only 2 criteria... beats & rhymes

this is a classic album

Talib-Kweli.jpg

every beat is jammin & mf spittin

yall be makin shit more complicated than need be

:hahaha:

Saw this list on twitter

Most overrated albums since 2000

FtIW8MtXgAAyCRP

Views is a classic? It’s probably Drake’s weakest album.

I agree with the other shits, especially TPAB.

Y'all need to form a committee and argue out some decent lists or keep getting these results lol...

Looking at this “classic or nah” lists… Jesus this classic list has some great albums, a lot of good albums and few classics.

Back