Welcome To aBlackWeb

What purpose do Weddings serve?

Yea if i get married im doin the wedding. Nothin crazy though.

And i get that some women are like that but thats not a slight against weddings, its a slight against those particular women.

If a chick marrying u just to show ppl she got a man to marry then the wedding aint the problem, the marriage is. There are red flags everywhere before u reach that point.

Facts

I never understood why do the groom's family have to pay for the wedding. If I got married, then I wouldn't want my parents to pay a dime

nah you got it backwards

the brides dad traditionally pays for her big day, as he is "giving her away"

Oh yeah that's right. Its messed up that they have to pay. I wouldn't want to put that financial strain on her parents.

Oh yeah that's right. Its messed up that they have to pay. I wouldn't want to put that financial strain on her parents.

meh....its tradition but it aint the law lol

I dont know anybody who had their wedding paid for by anyone

other than a coworker that just did it for his only daughter

They are 100% for the guests, simple as that. If I end up proposing to my girl, I know I'm having one cause shes been adamant about walking down the aisle. But I couldn't care less. I'm just not a fan of spending money just for other people's enjoyment. Every wedding that I have been a part of has been stressful.. All that buildup just for less than an hour for ppl to talk shit about it lol.. Its supposed to be your special day, but you're paying for other niggas to eat, drink, and dance.. I never understood that.. Are they celebrating you or the other way around.

None of yall get any money back from any of your guests at reception?

I know its tough to break even but ppl usually give donations

this aint goodfellas dawg

I've seen people do it but its typically for that 19 yr old couple that dont have shit lol

also highly depends on how ya'lls friends and family are set up financially

Totally for the bride to stunt. Shit is overrated. The newly wed couple would be just fine withiut all the stress and finanical toll of a wedding

Marriage is for suckas anyway

allows us to connect with our tribal roots to assemble, consume, and surround ourselves with positive energy/reinforce bonds

None of yall get any money back from any of your guests at reception?

I know its tough to break even but ppl usually give donations
we came up forreal

put a little less than 5k into it, got like 9k back

we paid for the shit ourselves... the food was donated from my church...

shit is essentially a party for the families.....

famlies like to get together and party for damn bnear anything .....and a wedding is one of those things...

people eat, talk, laugh drink, and dance.....

the actual ceremony is for them to share a special moment wit a couple they love, or atleast one of the people they love....

we left the reception early and let them niggaz party all night

we came up forreal

put a little less than 5k into it, got like 9k back

we paid for the shit ourselves... the food was donated from my church...

shit is essentially a party for the families.....

famlies like to get together and party for damn bnear anything .....and a wedding is one of those things...

people eat, talk, laugh drink, and dance.....

the actual ceremony is for them to share a special moment wit a couple they love, or atleast one of the people they love....

we left the reception early and let them niggaz party all night
My sis had hers at the church we grew up in. Everyone who helped plan either knew my fam personally or was recommended by someone close with friendlier rates. They broke even.

My one friend spent like 10k huge wedding. He didnt make it all back but ppl were partying hard af. Open bar all night.

I dont get the negativity in this thread.

Back