Welcome To aBlackWeb

What purpose do Weddings serve?

1/2

Dont drank out my drank, foo
Aight im happily married, so Im not looking for marriage bashing or reasons not to have a wedding.

I just want real opinions on what ya'll think they're for.

A celebration of this union, a party for the families, just tradition?

Does it make a difference in the actual relationship? Outside of new legalities

Women: did you always dream about your "big day"?

Men: when the idea of it come around for you?

Imo...its a waste of money.

The money used for the wedding...could be used to put towards a new home....invested...vacation...etc. But I digress.

Its suppose to be a celebration of the union b/t that couple. Tradition. Nowadays...it seems more like

- showing off
- one upping someone who got married b4 you
- spending unnecessary large amounts of money just to floss
- attention

To each their own. Me personally, I rather just skip to the reception part. If I do decide to pop the question...I'd only do the actual wedding b/c I know that's what she's been lookin forward to.

A celebration of this union, a party for the families, just tradition?
So you made the thread to answer your own question?
Does it make a difference in the actual relationship? Outside of new legalities
Weddings are primarily for the woman and to stunt. If u married u married, tf u need all that other shit for. A small ceremony can be way more intimate and meaningful

So you made the thread to answer your own question?

Weddings are primarily for the woman and to stunt. If u married u married, tf u need all that other shit for. A small ceremony can be way more intimate and meaningful

The gospel TRUTH!

from all the wedding i was at....its about the woman stuntin for the guests.
chicks not wanting to be outdone by the bridemaids so they put them in ugly shit.
destination wedding get people mad, bridezillas , cake tasting, something old and something new.....all bullshit.

if you and your mate are in it for only you two....the other people dont matter.
and most people dont even keep in touch with all the people you bought a plate for.

had a long talk with my wife.
we didnt have money at the time.....and i wasnt about to go into debt for people i dont really like,.

we did it as cheap as possible.

ooooohhhhhh

and the reception......smdh

the only thing i agree with is the daddy daughter dance and the soul train line(robot and stanky leg all the way down).

all the rest is bullshit

Tradition of public declaration and celebration. I see nothin wrong with it. If the couple wants to stunt let em. Its for them and those who wanna witness their union.

good points

I've always assumed it was understood that this day and this ceremony was for the woman and her glory

its a happy day for us because we get to make that bond official with our s/o....but theres just no parts of the actual wedding thats FOR the man

I was hoping for some more responses from women before I went into that....

Putting your achievement of marriage on display...particularly in a grand fashion is def done in service of ego

Deliberately or not
Why cant it just be a celebration of a big commitment two people are making and want their friends and loved ones to come experience it for memories?

If they did it in a park district gym with the mats still out would that be better?

@ChicagoFigure you saying you've been waiting for your wedding your whole life?

no jokes

like, if you could have your wife without the wedding....its optional.....would YOU still want one?

Lol i havent been waiting for a wedding.

BUT

If i do get married i prefer to bring the families together, have a good time and make it presentable. Whoever doesnt come doesnt come, whoever does i want em to enjoy themselves.

If anyone was to tell me its my ego and im tryna stunt on ppl i would either think theyre miserably single or insecure.

Or they just dont know how to have a good time without making it negative.

you never said YOU would want a wedding if it was optional tho

I made the point in the o/p about this not being a bashing thread

just individual opinions on the event

imo, I doubt it being about the male ego unless its the rich guy who scored the model and just really over-does it

weddings are some women's rite of passage tho

you never said YOU would want a wedding if it was optional tho

I made the point in the o/p about this not being a bashing thread

just individual opinions on the event

imo, I doubt it being about the male ego unless its the rich guy who scored the model and just really over-does it

weddings are some women's rite of passage tho
Yea if i get married im doin the wedding. Nothin crazy though.

And i get that some women are like that but thats not a slight against weddings, its a slight against those particular women.

If a chick marrying u just to show ppl she got a man to marry then the wedding aint the problem, the marriage is. There are red flags everywhere before u reach that point.

Back