Welcome To aBlackWeb

What makes someone an alcoholic?

I'm a person who smokes daily. Wake and bake in the morning and a blunt after I get off work. I don't "need" it to function normally though as I do take 30 day breaks 1-2x a year from smoking at all. The only thing that "changes" is my sleep pattern those first few nights but I don't feel any different. If I didn't tell you I smoke you probably wouldn't know because it's just not something I advertise. Funny enough a coworker of mine who is currently trying to quit caffeine is damn near in silent mode at work due to them being so much more irritable w/o their 3 cups of coffee every morning which I find hilarious because they're actually the person who told me that smoking daily was a sign of a problem/depression meanwhile them downing caffeine like it's water was "what they need to get through the work day"

I'm a person who smokes daily. Wake and bake in the morning and a blunt after I get off work. I don't "need" it to function normally though as I do take 30 day breaks 1-2x a year from smoking at all. The only thing that "changes" is my sleep pattern those first few nights but I don't feel any different. If I didn't tell you I smoke you probably wouldn't know because it's just not something I advertise. Funny enough a coworker of mine who is currently trying to quit caffeine is damn near in silent mode at work due to them being so much more irritable w/o their 3 cups of coffee every morning which I find hilarious because they're actually the person who told me that smoking daily was a sign of a problem/depression meanwhile them downing caffeine like it's water was "what they need to get through the work day"
The only reason, imo, caffeine isnt listed in the DSM, is because millions partake in the drug.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I'm glad somebody made a thread about it.

When I first started drinking and smoking weed I can remember people saying;

Marijuana - Not Addictive
Alcohol - Addictive
Cigarettes - Addictive
Cocaine - Not addictive
Heroin - Addictive
LSD/Mushrooms - Not Addictive
Ecstacy - Not Addictive.

But here's the peculiar thing. When I was in my 20s I'd drink every day for a month, even longer, but then I could stop with no withdrawal. I was dating a girl and she drank a lot and I was hanging out with her every day so we got drunk every day. I was with her for about a year.

Fast forward to my 30s/40s. I got a really good cocaine connection so I started sniffing coke regularly. Soon I graduated to sniffing heroin. All you have to do is sniff heroin three days in a row and that 4th day is like fighting Mike Tyson in 1986. If you've done heroin for three consecutive days then you have a serious problem on day 4. Your body shakes and quivers, and you can't sit still. The only thing on your mind is how to make the withdrawal go away (actually Advil is a good supplement. You'll have to chew and eat about 10 Advil tablets to make the withdrawal go away but it works. Benadryl works too).

Here's my point; Alcohol is physically addictive, but it takes years to become addicted and/or physically dependent. You can drink to get drunk every day for a month and stop. But once you get addicted to alcohol, you can DIE from withdrawal.

But with heroin, it only takes 3 days to get addicted and the withdrawal is hell, but you won't die from heroin withdrawal, it's just hell for about 3 weeks.

When you go to jail, if you tell them you're addicted to alcohol they can give you something for the withdrawal.

But if you go to jail and tell them you're addicted to heroin they don't have to give you anything because you won't die from heroin withdrawal.

It's weird, you can drink every day for a month and stop with no problem. But if you do heroin for three days you won't be able to stop.

The weird thing is that you can die from alcohol withdrawal, but you won't die from heroin withdrawal.

The only reason, imo, caffeine isnt listed in the DSM, is because millions partake in the drug.

Definitely something I’m addicted to since I get mad headaches if I don’t drink coffee after 2 days. Most are, though.. I see daily FB posts from family & friends who go through the same ish. Ain’t stopping though.. coffee is my only regular caffeine intake.. My cup I use takes about 2 cups, and it takes me a few hours to finish.. that’s my everyday serving

• Ether
Reactions: B_A
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I'm glad somebody made a thread about it.

When I first started drinking and smoking weed I can remember people saying;

Marijuana - Not Addictive
Alcohol - Addictive
Cigarettes - Addictive
Cocaine - Not addictive
Heroin - Addictive
LSD/Mushrooms - Not Addictive
Ecstacy - Not Addictive.

But here's the peculiar thing. When I was in my 20s I'd drink every day for a month, even longer, but then I could stop with no withdrawal. I was dating a girl and she drank a lot and I was hanging out with her every day so we got drunk every day. I was with her for about a year.

Fast forward to my 30s/40s. I got a really good cocaine connection so I started sniffing coke regularly. Soon I graduated to sniffing heroin. All you have to do is sniff heroin three days in a row and that 4th day is like fighting Mike Tyson in 1986. If you've done heroin for three consecutive days then you have a serious problem on day 4. Your body shakes and quivers, and you can't sit still. The only thing on your mind is how to make the withdrawal go away (actually Advil is a good supplement. You'll have to chew and eat about 10 Advil tablets to make the withdrawal go away but it works. Benadryl works too).

Here's my point; Alcohol is physically addictive, but it takes years to become addicted and/or physically dependent. You can drink to get drunk every day for a month and stop. But once you get addicted to alcohol, you can DIE from withdrawal.

But with heroin, it only takes 3 days to get addicted and the withdrawal is hell, but you won't die from heroin withdrawal, it's just hell for about 3 weeks.

When you go to jail, if you tell them you're addicted to alcohol they can give you something for the withdrawal.

But if you go to jail and tell them you're addicted to heroin they don't have to give you anything because you won't die from heroin withdrawal.

It's weird, you can drink every day for a month and stop with no problem. But if you do heroin for three days you won't be able to stop.

The weird thing is that you can die from alcohol withdrawal, but you won't die from heroin withdrawal.

i had a wino run that shit down for me one day....I already knew this but coming from the man was crazy

he was actually talking for his friend....buddy had on 4 jackets and a couple blankets around him and shit, shakin and couldnt focus his eyes and shit

anyway the one that could barely talk said "ima be honest with you....we're drunks.....im alright, but if this man dont get a drink he's gonna die"

i gave em $10 and told em make it last

Definitely something I’m addicted to since I get mad headaches if I don’t drink coffee after 2 days. Most are, though.. I see daily FB posts from family & friends who go through the same ish. Ain’t stopping though.. coffee is my only regular caffeine intake.. My cup I use takes about 2 cups, and it takes me a few hours to finish.. that’s my everyday serving
I did a body reboot about a year or so ago, I didnt get headaches until 2mths into not having caffeine and also had to take manganese so I could do the doodies. But now my body goes to the washroom within a half hour after getting up well before I have my morning coffee. I try to stick to one cup a day but I looooove the taste of a fresh cup of coffee so much my weak ass usually has a second cup in the early afternoon.

In Massachusetts the liquor stores aren't open on Sunday. So if you want to drink on Sunday you have to either go to a bar, or plan ahead.

The winos drink Listerine on Sundays.

When you find yourself drinking Listerine to get drunk, you're officially an alcoholic.

If you have alcohol withdraws(the shakes)its pretty safe to say..and at that point you need legit help

Back