What is reality? (Avengers Infinity War Spoilers)

Perception is how we interpret our reality imo...but the truth is not subjective.

If we are in front of a fire...and you say that's not fire...that's ice! If you put your hand to it you will be burnt.

Just because you might perceive fire as something that it's not(a delusion) does not make it true

Reactions: Chicity and Dwayne
Perception is how we interpret our reality imo...but the truth is not subjective.

If we are in front of a fire...and you say that's not fire...that's ice! If you put your hand to it you will be burnt.

Just because you might perceive fire as something that it's not(a delusion) does not make it true
I read what you saying but I'm not thinking so......basic.

For me, when I think perception/reality its in relation to how I interact with others. For example, if I perceive you to be a douchebag, you are. No one can't tell me you aren't. If I perceive that you out to get me, that's my reality. If a chick perceives you to be hitting on her, that's her reality.

Reactions: Soul_Rattler
I read what you saying but I'm not thinking so......basic.

For me, when I think perception/reality its in relation to how I interact with others. For example, if I perceive you to be a douchebag, you are. No one can't tell me you aren't. If I perceive that you out to get me, that's my reality. If a chick perceives you to be hitting on her, that's her reality.

If you think that I'm out to get you and I'm actually not...then you're delusional.

If a chick thinks I'm hitting on her when I'm just being friendly...then she's delusional.

If someone gets punched in the face in the middle of a crowd and we all see it...lol it's a fact and is reality..sure it can be debated about how hard the punch was..maybe it was a slap..sure..but the reality is that a physical altercation took place that we all witnessed...that's the reality of the situation

the state or quality of being real.
resemblance to what is real.
a real thing or fact.
real things, facts, or events taken as a whole; state of affairs:
the reality of the business world; vacationing to escape reality.
Philosophy.
  1. something that exists independently of ideas concerning it.
  2. something that exists independently of all other things and fromwhich all other things derive.
something that is real.
something that constitutes a real or actual thing, as distinguishedfrom something that is merely apparent.
adjective
noting or pertaining to a TV program or film that portrays nonactorsinteracting or competing with each other in real but contrivedsituations, allegedly without a script:
a popular reality show; reality TV.
Idioms
in reality, in fact or truth; actually:
brave in appearance, but in reality a coward.