Welcome To aBlackWeb

What if you got paralyzed

Somethings you really can't weigh if you haven't been in that situation. I think some people do think long haul when in a long term relationship like marriage. But it can wear on you slowly. No one Takes that into consideration. I'm speaking of this happening to you if you are young. Again, sex is not the only thing being affected. Your or their mental is the biggest challenge.

I agree totally! But speaking as someone who has been through a lot of trauma-- the renewing of your mind will ultimately determine what your mindset and sanity will be like. It's not about thinking on the dark stuff, but the better that you can make on the other side. Only you can determine what you can take and all of us have what it takes to make it over but you have to determine how much fight you give during the pressing.

@loud-ninja it's ok for you to let go my nigga

Someone will scoop her up in the next year or 2. Her mouf work?
Lol, not my case at all and I pray I will never have to experience it. But if she was in a wheel chair, I would stay. Now if she was paralyzed from the neck down, don't know if I could handle that. But I was speaking if it happened to ones self. Would you provider your partner with choices

I agree totally! But speaking as someone who has been through a lot of trauma-- the renewing of your mind will ultimately determine what your mindset and sanity will be like. It's not about thinking on the dark stuff, but the better that you can make on the other side. Only you can determine what you can take and all of us have what it takes to make it over but you have to determine how much fight you give during the pressing.
True indeed. You have a kind heart. I commend you for wanting to stay. Most can't do it. That is why I would present that option to my partner if they want to stay or leave.

If I got paralyzed from the waist down, I'd be devastated, but I'd make it work. If I got paralyzed from the next down, I'd be trying to find someone to kill me. It's not even like I'm some super active person that has to be on the move. I just like being able to do things for myself way too much to be able to handle living like that.

As far as my expectations for my wife, I guess I wouldn't have any really. If she stayed I'd be happy of course. If she left, I guess I'd understand. At the end of the day, I can't see my wife doing the latter because I know she loves me for more than the physical, same way I feel about her.

I always thought about shit like this and did all I can to prepare for God forbid such a case.

But I would ask her to come check on me but go live her life

I always thought about shit like this and did all I can to prepare for God forbid such a case.

But I would ask her to come check on me but go live her life
Are you saying you would want her to split from you? You wouldn't want her to stay even if she wanted to?

I'd swallow my pride nh and buy a strap for the misses nh

And for the 'funnies' with jokes i'd be wearing it not her

Nh

We can avoid all this if i convince her to get a gf tho

Knowing me, I’d stay a while then get probably get fed up and probably bounce. I mean the mouth still works and the hands. I guess he can eat the cat and use his hands to bang me with a dildo til I’m sick of the shit.

We can still be friends tho.

Knowing me, I’d stay a while then get probably get fed up and probably bounce. I mean the mouth still works and the hands. I guess he can eat the cat and use his hands to bang me with a dildo til I’m sick of the shit.

We can still be friends tho.
But what if your the one in the chair?

Are you saying you would want her to split from you? You wouldn't want her to stay even if she wanted to?
I would be robbing her of her true freedom.
I could not do that.

We had these talks....she doesn't want to but I would not want her not doing what she wants because the place is not handicap assessable.

That would be selfish of me.
Honestly.....she can take half of everything and go enjoy being a beautiful black woman who's a citizen of the world..

I would feel better knowing she's happy. Even if its not with me.

I'd prolly roll into traffic on my own..
Shit, I hated the lil burden I became when i tore my patellar tendon and couldnt drive and shit...that was only a couple months..paralyzed, nah..

.....now, if I was paralyzed from the neck up tho...

:hahaha:

LOL. Yall act like being paralized means thats it. I know people in wheelchairs who are married and just living life.
You are right...but my wife loves to travel, workout and other active things ..me paralyzed would affect how she does those....

Married and Divorced over not being able to use my legs?

We together for ever "I respect vows nigga"

Back