Welcome To aBlackWeb

What if you got paralyzed

loud-ninja

Here to point out the illogical
Yo, I thought about a possible what if scenario but hope no one ever has to go through it. Say you, were married or in a long relationship with your significant other. Then you were in a terrible Accident that left you paralyzed from the waist down. Would you give your significant other a choice if they wanted to stay with you or leave? Or would you not even bring it up and expect them to stay? Or would you break it off yourself? What is the reason for your choice?

Last edited:
I would give my wife a choice if she wanted to go or leave. If she wanted to leave, it would be no strings attached. I feel if you try to force them to stay, there will only be resentment.

Just the waist down?

Lol that would be fucked up to get left by your wifey cuz your legs and dick dont work

she'd probably want to stay, but I'd honestly want her to move on at some point

we're 31, and to say she's supposed to sexually shut down and just be my best friend and care taker for the rest of her life is CRAZY

i know people try to think about it right now and its uncomfortable but shit, thats just not life

tragedy and all, after a few years (maybe shorter then that) your needs are going to come back around.....you not about to spend the next 50+ years just sexless and bitter lol

you still fuck with me and look out for me, cool...but there's just obvious things that wont be a part of our relationship anymore

Give her a choice?

Does it matter what you think? You not gonna be able to chase her if she leave

You not gonna be able to chase her if she leave

giphy.gif

I'd still be that nigga, she aint goin no where.

iZ7OA.gif

Just the waist down?

Lol that would be fucked up to get left by your wifey cuz your legs and dick dont work
True enough but not everyone can handle it. Sure, she may think she can do the first year but them years add up. She may get tired of it after a while.

I may have the unpopular opinion, but I can understand one wanting to give a bf/gf an out. I mean, at that juncture, you are only dating. They are technically just gathering informati on.However, in a marriage, does a vow not mean anything anymore? "For better or for worst 'til death does us part" you are saying that even though things are good now you acknowledge that some messed up stuff may happen but you will be there to stick it out and be faithful while doing so.

Give her a choice?

Does it matter what you think? You not gonna be able to chase her if she leave
Lol, yeah but the guilt will be less or not there at all. If you let her know that she can leave with your good graces, it is better for both parties. No messy split up or divorce. Y'all did it on your own terms.

I may have the unpopular opinion, but I can understand one wanting to give a bf/gf an out. I mean, at that juncture, you are only dating. They are technically just gathering informati on.However, in a marriage, does a vow not mean anything anymore? "For better or for worst 'til death does us part" you are saying that even though things are good now you acknowledge that some messed up stuff may happen but you will be there to stick it out and be faithful while doing so.

being married, this is the natural "correct" response.......

but for the rest of your life?.....we aint 50......at 50, yeah sit your ass down somewhere and find us a movie

but 30 until..........intimacy just over, not a part of life anymore

nah......I love her enough to say "fuck dem vows, babe"

again, she probably feels different but I wouldnt expect or demand that from her

she's got time for a whole new life, insurance would pay for my medical care/home service, I might even find me a paralyzed chick online to roll with or something

:mybad:

The weight of our relationship doesn’t depend on sexual satisfaction. But, if I did give her a choice, she wouldn’t leave anyways. She’s an LVN. She would take care of me. Also, knowing everything I know about her, sex would never be an issue to her like that and neither would it be to me (if she was paralyzed).

We vowed “until death do us part” when we created a family, marriage wasn’t necessary for that to be apart of our relationship.

I know people say things like “everyone moves on” or whatever but the relationship we have is truly unbreakable. I know that even in death she wouldn’t move on. She would solely focus on herself and the kids and not another man. I’m in great hands if anything happens to me.

Actually, your is the popular opinion. I knew someone was going to bring in the "vows". But forever is a long time. Especially if this happened while y'all were still young. After a while, you may get tired of it. Feel like you are missing out on something in your life. It happens often. We are only human. That is when resentment comes in. Then guilt. You thought you could hang but found out it was too much.

Reactions: 1/2
Some of y'all are just thinking bout the sex part. It is more then that. This changes your whole dynamic as a couple. Every relationship is different. I am an active person. I like physical activities like hiking, camping, zip lining, etc. I'm not married but what if I had a wife that enjoyed those things as well but no longer could. Maybe she will start feeling depressed. Then the arguing comes. Then the relationship is no longer the same.

Yo, I thought about a possible what if scenario but hope no one ever has to go through it. Say you, were married or in a long relationship with your significant other. Then you were in a terrible Accident that left you paralyzed from the waist down. Would you give your significant other a choice if they wanted to stay with you or leave? Or would you not even bring it up and expect them to stay? Or would you break it off yourself? What is the reason for your choice?
I just was talking about this with her like last week

She said she leaving the fuck outta me because I said I would leave if she was like 350 pounds

I was like my nigga I can't work and get another girl after this that's fucked up

Fuck no I'm not giving the choice, this for LIFE

The weight of our relationship doesn’t depend on sexual satisfaction. But, if I did give her a choice, she wouldn’t leave anyways. She’s an LVN. She would take care of me. Also, knowing everything I know about her, sex would never be an issue to her like that and neither would it be to me (if she was paralyzed).

We vowed “until death do us part” when we created a family, marriage wasn’t necessary for that to be apart of our relationship.

I know people say things like “everyone moves on” or whatever but the relationship we have is truly unbreakable. I know that even in death she wouldn’t move on. She would solely focus on herself and the kids and not another man. I’m in great hands if anything happens to me.

Bolded a lie

You got 11 kids fam

Back