Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION What Has Oprah Done For Black Americans?

The only thing Oprah (as well as other wealthy Black women not named Beyonce) has done is shown Black girls and women that you don't need to strip, hoe, or parade around naked or nearly naked in order to become successful. That message, however, is largely lost on most women and girls nowadays.

I don't think she's obligated to uplift the black community. But she does. She is a good role model but that is mostly due to her character. She's promoted literacy through education and her book clubs. She's a black successful woman with a positive public image that a lot of young people look up to. Are those not things that benefit the black community?

i am not sure what all she has done but i know Oprah focuses a lot on education. a better chance is one of those and although its not strictly for black people it has provided POC educational opportunities. Any Morehouse alum? I heard she sent a bunch of folks there. its one of those things...if everything Oprah did was in the news then we would say she just doing it for a tax break. if its not in the news then we ask what has she done or why isnt she doing more.

damned if u do and damned if u dont
ABC is an amazing program. seen it's impact first hand.

Oprah has done a lot. Cut the shit. She too successful so u gotta find a way to knock her down.

She can't help them niggas who ain't in the business of helping themselves

Oprah has done a lot. Cut the shit. She too successful so u gotta find a way to knock her down.

She can't help them niggas who ain't in the business of helping themselves
borrowed-crabs.jpg

People always think they can spend someone else's money better than the owner. T/s what do you think she should do?

If she seriously would consider it and I haven't heard her even think of anything along them lines, I imagine she'd have to look into a variety of issues (not just the ones important to us) to become involved in to fully appreciate and fix problems

This is nothing more than CNN with the starfuckery early in the morning.

Nah. No one will care in a month about Harpo.

Well, she has helped a lot of black writers and directors get deals and their own shows thusly provided entertainment to black folks. She's helped 400 or so black men pursue degrees through her scholarship at Morehouse. Who then in return vowed to pay it forward to other black students. Built schools, donated millions to countless charities over the years. She doesn't seem to like to boast on all she does, which is a good thing. "Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing"
But most of that has been mentioned I'm sure. Also considering she don't owe a black, white or green mf a damn thing..I think she's done plenty.
:sup:

Oprah dont care about yall poor Black asses

stop dick riding capitalist

she gives us great content and thats about it
appreciate that for what it is.

why we got to be so extra?

Back